How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!

How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

It's great! I prefer it over the old method and hope it stays exactly how it is
11
7%
It needs some improvement, but I still prefer it over the old method
61
41%
It's terrible and I strongly prefer the old method
70
47%
I don't care about pets, so it doesn't affect me
6
4%
 
Total votes: 148

Mika9
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Mika9 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:45 pm

It seems opinions on this topic are all over the board. I'm curious to see what the general consensus on this is.

You may change your opinion after you voted.

Thanks!

Edit: You guys are way over complicating things :lol:
I know there are different variations of opinions than the options posted. I meant to keep things simple and this was mostly meant to be a general poll to find out of the change is favored or not. Feel free to describe your exact, specific opinion by posting. And please remember to be respectful. Everyone's opinion is valid, even if we may not agree with each other!
Last edited by Mika9 on Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods
Top

Tier 2
Hmiopm
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Hmiopm » Thu May 26, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm not sure. I would really like to get the king crab but it seems the "stickers" are so random it could take forever. I'm not really sure I get it. I wonder if I'm missing something. Also, you don't always get a sticker, sometimes just gold. That is disappointing. Now gems are as rare as rare can be and so is platinum. I'm not seeing it as a boat trade or in the WM. With the delay of pet feeding these issues were created.
As I said I'm not sure how I feel about this update.
GC hipmom 7
Level 61
USA East Coast
Top

Mika9
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Mika9 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:57 pm

Hmiopm wrote:I'm not sure. I would really like to get the king crab but it seems the "stickers" are so random it could take forever. I'm not really sure I get it. I wonder if I'm missing something. Also, you don't always get a sticker, sometimes just gold. That is disappointing. Now gems are as rare as rare can be and so is platinum. I'm not seeing it as a boat trade or in the WM. With the delay of pet feeding these issues were created.
As I said I'm not sure how I feel about this update.


Jewels (jade sapphire and rubies) and platinum are being cycled out of the game. According to the facebook posts, PB is getting rid of the jewel flowers completely and all future pets will be obtained via stickers. The ones left in the game are from before the update.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods
Top

Tier 6
Zobyn
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:29 am

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Zobyn » Fri May 27, 2016 12:11 am

I have one of every pet available. There is no incentive for me to trade in my flowers, platinum, and gemstones. With space tight I can't see trading in for repeats. Leveling up just to feed pets more often isn't encouraging to me either. Since I'm at 2.5 million in coin , more coin isn't a motivator. I have close to thirty black powders, and at least 80 pearls. So, what's the motivation to level up?

A new pet with this update would have solved this issue.

I know I can't be the only player in this situation.
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed
Top

Tier 2
Hmiopm
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Hmiopm » Fri May 27, 2016 12:18 am

Mika9 wrote:
Hmiopm wrote:I'm not sure. I would really like to get the king crab but it seems the "stickers" are so random it could take forever. I'm not really sure I get it. I wonder if I'm missing something. Also, you don't always get a sticker, sometimes just gold. That is disappointing. Now gems are as rare as rare can be and so is platinum. I'm not seeing it as a boat trade or in the WM. With the delay of pet feeding these issues were created.
As I said I'm not sure how I feel about this update.


Jewels (jade sapphire and rubies) and platinum are being cycled out of the game. According to the facebook posts, PB is getting rid of the jewel flowers completely and all future pets will be obtained via stickers. The ones left in the game are from before the update.


My pets aren't giving jewels when fed. So, once all the jewels are gone the only way to get stickers is by boat trade??
GC hipmom 7
Level 61
USA East Coast
Top

Mika9
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Mika9 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 am

Hmiopm wrote:
My pets aren't giving jewels when fed. So, once all the jewels are gone the only way to get stickers is by boat trade??


Nope, they''re being removed completely. There's no way to obtain them anymore after the update. Boat trades, pet drops or any other method will not provide them. And if you haven't noticed, Anya and Dreadbird (who used to give out jewels and platinum) are now giving out stickers instead. If you see jewels and platinum on the market, they were from before the update. Once the remainder are cycled out, they'll just be a thing of the past.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods
Top

Tier 2
Hmiopm
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Hmiopm » Fri May 27, 2016 12:30 am

Mika9 wrote:
Hmiopm wrote:
My pets aren't giving jewels when fed. So, once all the jewels are gone the only way to get stickers is by boat trade??


Nope, they''re being removed completely. There's no way to obtain them anymore after the update. Boat trades, pet drops or any other method will not provide them. And if you haven't noticed, Anya and Dreadbird (who used to give out jewels and platinum) are now giving out stickers instead. If you see jewels and platinum on the market, they were from before the update. Once the remainder are cycled out, they'll just be a thing of the past.

I have noticed Deadbird is trading stickers. But in Pirate Plum's post she talks about buying flower chests at the bizarre after making flowers ( which I can't do because there is no platinum).
GC hipmom 7
Level 61
USA East Coast
Top

Mika9
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Mika9 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 am

Hmiopm wrote:I have noticed Deadbird is trading stickers. But in Pirate Plum's post she talks about buying flower chests at the bizarre after making flowers ( which I can't do because there is no platinum).


Yes but that's only to appease the people who have saved up many flowers in hopes of a new pet being released from the bazaar. You can still make flowers with the platinum and jewels you already have but no more will be generated in the game. If the developers just let all the flowers players have saved up go to waste in favor of the new sticker system, there's going to be plenty of backlash. That's why they're letting people exchange their remaining flowers/platinum/jewels for special chests that may provide a sticker. Buying any flowers after the update is just a temporary system until all the remaining platinum and jewels are gone. And once all the remaining jewels and platinum are used up, they will be gone forever from the game.
Last edited by Mika9 on Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods
Top

Tier 2
Hmiopm
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Hmiopm » Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am

Mika9 wrote:
Hmiopm wrote:I have noticed Deadbird is trading stickers. But in Pirate Plum's post she talks about buying flower chests at the bizarre after making flowers ( which I can't do because there is no platinum).


Yes but that's only to appease the people who have saved up many flowers in hopes of a new pet being released from the bazaar. Yes, you can still make flowers with the platinum and jewels you already have but no more will be generated in the game. If the developers just let all the flowers players have saved up go to waste in favor of the new sticker system, there's going to be plenty of backlash. That's why they're letting people exchange their remaining flowers/platinum/jewels for special chests that may provide a sticker. Buying any flowers after the update is just a temporary system until all the remaining platinum and jewels are gone. And once all the remaining jewels and platinum are used up, they will be gone forever from the game.

Thank you for the info. I'm also wondering if you need to level up each set of pets befor going on to the next set? If that is the case it is going to be a LONG time before I get a king crab :(
GC hipmom 7
Level 61
USA East Coast
Top

Mika9
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How do you feel about the new pet sticker system?

Postby Mika9 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:44 am

Hmiopm wrote:Thank you for the info. I'm also wondering if you need to level up each set of pets befor going on to the next set? If that is the case it is going to be a LONG time before I get a king crab :(


We don't have the answer to this just yet - but I'm sure at some point someone will find a gold sticker or the developers will provide more information.

What I have seen is that those who have collected many stickers have managed to find 1-2 from the silver tier (the former TradeFest pets).

It does seems the silver and gold stickers are significantly more rare than bronze.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”