Reason why some people cant get boat deletes

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 6
Kiwidave

Reason why some people cant get boat deletes

Postby Kiwidave » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 am

I have stated all along that the boat delete and the HMAS Bravado not being available to some players is a DEVICE issue rather than Paradise Bay rolling the update out to only certain players. This is not true and the update has been rolled out to everyone. However some devices seem to not like the update. I have notice that two of my devices have an application size of 84.06mb and they both work. The one that doesnt is 85.23mb. The version number is the same for all of them. This video proves the issue is with a device, not an account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8-k9E2deo
Level: 70
All characters Level 21
Mill Mastery: 3 maxed, 21 two star
Pets 47: (36 Level 15, 5 Level 10, 6 Level 5)
------------

Tier 6
Purplecat

Re: Reason why some people cant get boat deletes

Postby Purplecat » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks for that Kiwidave, that makes loads of sense. I am on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it is showing as 85.12MB and I haven't got the updates. I shall wait patiently until they can fix it. :D

Edit: I do have the hoat delete option but have had that from when they did the trial roll out and it works fine.
Last edited by Purplecat on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Tier 2
Ashia

Postby Ashia » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:16 am

I've always had the boat delete option, I play on an iPad and an iPhone. I initially had the update which put the orca in my sanctuary, but did not get the kraken or the extra island with that update. After another update, the orca was removed from my sanctuary, still no kraken or island. Not so sure it's device specific, but interesting video.
Level 55
GC: Ashia_T
Always looking for new friends, please add me!

janetuk

Postby janetuk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:21 am

Ashia wrote:I've always had the boat delete option, I play on an iPad and an iPhone. I initially had the update which put the orca in my sanctuary, but did not get the kraken or the extra island with that update. After another update, the orca was removed from my sanctuary, still no kraken or island.

Yes, same here. Identical situation, but on android.

Thanks for posting, Dave. Just wondering, if the same updates are rolling out to all, why do I have a 15 min boat delete and my husband 5 mins?
Paradise Bay Android version
Level 75
London, UK

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:34 am

I play on iPad mini 4 and never had has still don't a delete option for boats.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 2
SpaDog

Postby SpaDog » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:35 am

I have a Samsung Tab S, but no boat delete or Kraken. My application size is only 75.84 MB
Level 70
Android

Tier 6
Zobyn

Postby Zobyn » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:52 am

Kiwidave... Do you think PB is aware of this issue? Are you/have you contacted them with this find? Will this be an issue we have to address ourselves, or will PB be able to address it?

Since earlier today they were able to give us an Orca and then updated to remove it, clearly they have the capacity to remove files.
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Tier 15
UmmAbdurRahman

Postby UmmAbdurRahman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:55 am

This video was very interesting but I am still sceptical!
Level 75
All Mills & All Pets
All achievements
Maxed Storage
All islanders Maxed
300+ K Karma

Tier 10
denadel

Postby denadel » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Kiwidave wrote:I have stated all along that the boat delete and the HMAS Bravado not being available to some players is a DEVICE issue rather than Paradise Bay rolling the update out to only certain players. This is not true and the update has been rolled out to everyone. However some devices seem to not like the update. I have notice that two of my devices have an application size of 84.06mb and they both work. The one that doesnt is 85.23mb. The version number is the same for all of them. This video proves the issue is with a device, not an account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8-k9E2deo

None of these features are in my game. No delete button, kraken or island showed up. I'm not sure how this can be a device issue?

Look, it does seem that these are beta features.

The burning question is, if it is really a device issue, how will it get fixed, and why hasn't anything been said about the update from mods?
Game Center >> denadel_
Level >> 50
Wishlist >> Chilis, Blueberries (updated 9/5)

Working on getting peacock stickers 3/10 - I'm not sure if this will ever go up :cry:

Tier 10
denadel

Postby denadel » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:06 pm

My guess is this is an Android-only update for now. Only have I seen android users with this.
Game Center >> denadel_
Level >> 50
Wishlist >> Chilis, Blueberries (updated 9/5)

Working on getting peacock stickers 3/10 - I'm not sure if this will ever go up :cry:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”