Reason why some people cant get boat deletes

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 10
denadel

Re: Reason why some people cant get boat deletes

Postby denadel » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Also, now seeing the Kraken is a gold pet really discourages me from even attempting to get one, considering how difficult and lucky it is to even get one silver sticker.
Game Center >> denadel_
Level >> 50
Wishlist >> Chilis, Blueberries (updated 9/5)

Working on getting peacock stickers 3/10 - I'm not sure if this will ever go up :cry:

Tier 3
Nefertamara

Postby Nefertamara » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm on an iPad 3 64 g. No boat delete, yes new island/kraken.
Maxed out everwhere, Just sitting around piling up money waiting for new levels!

Tier 3
Kaetian1

Postby Kaetian1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:51 pm

My problem with this theory is why would these devices be able to upload and run other updates but not these particular updates. The boat trash button has been available since April 28th or there abouts, seems like plenty of time to fix the bug for that update or explain why some devices can run it and others can't. Also why would 1.8 update be able to run on all devices and yet this smaller update is unable to run. I, too am sceptical.
70 - Karma 82k
Treehouse & windmill storage maxed
working on silver & gold pets & levelling Clara & Sheena
Prestige completed, Ghost canon aquired,4 relics & ghost book completed, Pumpkin, GBH, friend-ship & bunny maxed 15

Nolansmom92

Postby Nolansmom92 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:06 pm

denadel wrote:My guess is this is an Android-only update for now. Only have I seen android users with this.

I am an Android user and I don't have any of these options so that's not it

Tier 2
AlohaGirl

Postby AlohaGirl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi KiwiDave: I watched your video, but it did not help me, as on my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone this app is 413 mb, and on my Samsung tab s2, it is 237 mb,. Those files look huge to me compared to yours, and yet I have None of these options in my game. I would love to know how to fix this.

BonnieAnne
Level 61

Tier 2
Jileha

Postby Jileha » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for making the video! But it only shows to me that the crashing issue you experience might very well be device-related, but not the availability of features.

Both your devices have those features, just one of them crashes. So many players have never even seen these features on their device. The difference in file size is definitely device-dependant. On my iPad Air 2 it is around 265MB (Forgot the exact number). If size were indicative of presence vs. absence of features, I should have it all. My guess is that with subsequent development for additional devices they were able to streamline some code. The difference in file size for your two devices is relatively small and does not convince me that it really matters.

What makes me suspicious is the sequence of updates yesterday. First update, I see the orca baby in the sanctuary, not long thereafter a mini update of just a few files and the orca is gone again. I am not sure during which update it happened - my guess is it was the second - that my game "crashed" (I assume this was controlled via the server as my game crashes extremely rarely) to restart with the mini update and to remove the orca. As if the developers realized they made a mistake with the orca (maybe after reports of it showed up in the forum) and fixed it asap.

There is definitely a bunch of separate things going on. I wish we could get an official statement at some point regarding these issues.
GC: jileha
Level: 75

CodieIslander

Re: Reason why some people cant get boat deletes,

Postby CodieIslander » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Dave,

Your can get the update by changing your region to Australia for the following procedure on IOS

Close PB
In Settings go to General -> International -> Region Format
Select Australia
Clost setting
Open PB
you should get a connection error, then a Downloading screen.
thats it, you now have Boat Delete & New Island

Your video is reproducible by changing the Region back to the original and reloading PB.
PB will crash when you select a timed boat or the new island.
Last edited by CodieIslander on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GC: Codie Islander
Level: 55
Platform: iOS

Wish List: World Peace

Tier 4
alteo

Postby alteo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks Dave for making the video but I do not think this update (with the new Island and Kraken) is available to everyone. I am an android user on multiple devices:

- Samsung Galaxy Tab S: application size 84.06mb, none
- Asus Zenfone Zoom: application size 83.88mb, none
- Samsung Note 4: application size 84.05mb, boat delete function.

I play the same account on PC using bluestack but none of the new features is available.
Island name: Alteo
G+ id: AlTeo88
Level: 80

Too many pets, too little space.
Too much gold, too few things to spend on.

Tier 5
SucroseFizz

Postby SucroseFizz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:33 pm

It's possible that the boat delete feature is out for most android devices and only a few apple devices. I think there are more issues encountered with apple devices compared to android for PB. I hardly have problems with my android devices. Lagging, app crashes, missing friends, most of these problems are linked to non android devices based on what I've read.

As for the new island with baby kraken, it's definitely a test rollout. Subject to devices' capabilities for now maybe. This is part of the reply I received from support.

'some of the future content that might be coming to the game.
........some early vital testing is taking place now.'

So, the update will come when it's ready for full release. I just hope it won't take long cos I'm excited about getting the baby kraken.

Srk1212

Postby Srk1212 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:01 pm

I play on an iPad mini 4 and an iPhone 6 Plus. I do not have any of the updates. I just want the boat delete!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”