How did you get so rich?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
mauimonkey

How did you get so rich?

Postby mauimonkey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:01 pm

I have read some posts of people who have not even made it to level 55 yet and have millions of coin. How do they do it? I am level 51 and it seems that I am always ladybug and saving my coin just to buy my next mill or something. I do tons of trades and sell at the wm, but never get my savings over a couple hundred thousand. What is the secret? Other than buying coin for a game with my money from the real world?
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: How did you get so rich?

Postby mauimonkey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Don't know where the word ladybug came from, the word I typed was ladybug :lol:
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Look, it did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: oh, well
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Nalani80

Postby Nalani80 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Hee hee! Trying to figure out what you mean or why the lady bug. :D
GC id Nalani
Level 75
Location Maui, Hawaii

Tier 1
Cabanabanana

Postby Cabanabanana » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:08 pm

I am with you. On level 47 and have never gotten over a couple of hundred thousand coins to get mills. I have read advice though, from higher level players to lower level players that are struggling to get enough coin, to buy mills and other items, to stop doing boat trades and trade post request for awhile and only sell items you make or buy from the islanders at the world market. The premise is that you will stop leveling up while still making coin quickly. Maybe that is how they have so much coin at a lower level?

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Cabanabanana wrote:I am with you. On level 47 and have never gotten over a couple of hundred thousand coins to get mills. I have read advice though, from higher level players to lower level players that are struggling to get enough coin, to buy mills and other items, to stop doing boat trades and trade post request for awhile and only sell items you make or buy from the islanders at the world market. The premise is that you will stop leveling up while still making coin quickly. Maybe that is how they have so much coin at a lower level?

Yes, boat orders are almost a waste of time now that they don't give many rare items and they always pay way too little for the items they want. Wasn't so bad when you could get some black powder or something in addition to the minimal coin and xp. Plus I don't have the boat delete button.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

BadSepiaRay

Postby BadSepiaRay » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm about 30k from my first million, nowhere close to 55 yet. The bulk of my gold comes from flipping items to/from the islanders. It seems to be the single most overlooked source of income, in fact, I never see anyone besides myself suggest it. Every time I check my game I go through all the islands, sell them what they want (if it's easy enough, if not then trash and try again), buy what they sell, then either relist it for full price or make something with it and sell that for full price. I've never kept track of how much I make doing this, but I've not needed to since I always have more than enough to purchase land, machines, unlock features, etc.

Tier 9
Tr4cey

Postby Tr4cey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Actually Ray, that's really common. It's why the WM is full of gold rings and telescopes.

Mauimonkey, gold is much easier to accumulate once you've passed mid 40 levels. Mills were a struggle to buy before then. The gold will come, don't worry. If you put too much emphasis one one part of the game over another, it gets unbalanced.

Just keep making, selling and trading, and the gold will build. I know this will sound easy to say from level 55, but there's no need to rush. Once you level cap, the pace slows, and you'll be wishing you had more goals to aim for.
Level 75
NW England

Tier 8
Zieroh

Postby Zieroh » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 pm

BadSepiaRay wrote:I'm about 30k from my first million, nowhere close to 55 yet. The bulk of my gold comes from flipping items to/from the islanders. It seems to be the single most overlooked source of income, in fact, I never see anyone besides myself suggest it.

That's funny. No, seriously. You're a riot.

And no, you're not the first person to think of that. The World Market is crowded with people just like you, selling awful tat at full price. How many gold rings, telescopes, and twilight rolls do we really need? Sure, some items sell reliably well -- sarongs and shirts move if priced appropriately, and sunfish disappear nearly instantly. But there are plenty of items that I really wish you'd hit the delete button on, instead of flooding the market with more overpriced crap.

Seriously. Stop it.
Level: 70

Tier 3
JLRICH1976

Postby JLRICH1976 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 am

Sale, sale and then sale again. I'm level 55 and I have 2.89 million. I've been level 55 since March.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”