Friend Ships

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: Friend Ships

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 3:06 am

Ely321 wrote:it's also possible that it only works part of the time?

Anything is possible ;)
But we do know that it DID just work. So again, I'll keep on with the experiments since I can see avatars again. And like I said, I can only see avatars on the FS at my docks now that I have a friendly flower in storage again. I'll be paying attention to those boats, and will keep everyone posted.
Note: I fill those boat orders all the time, especially during TradeFest. It IS interesting that we don't see prizes at our own boats more often. It is curious, and now we are all on the case ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 am

mauimonkey wrote:

Anything is possible ;)
But we do know that it DID just work. So again, I'll keep on with the experiments since I can see avatars again. And like I said, I can only see avatars on the FS at my docks now that I have a friendly flower in storage again. I'll be paying attention to those boats, and will keep everyone posted.
Note: I fill those boat orders all the time, especially during TradeFest. It IS interesting that we don't see prizes at our own boats more often. It is curious, and now we are all on the case ;)

Maui, can you explain that? What do you mean that you can see avatars again? And if it is what I think it is, are you saying if we had Friendly Flowers too, we would also be able to see who was coming in the Friend Ship? If that is the case, PB, I want my Friendly Flower back! Add that to the retro, a Friendly Flower.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:12 am

the next question is: is it only working for MM because of the FF? :idea:
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 am

J1st wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:

Anything is possible ;)

Maui, can you explain that? What do you mean that you can see avatars again? And if it is what I think it is, are you saying if we had Friendly Flowers too, we would also be able to see who was coming in the Friend Ship? If that is the case, PB, I want my Friendly Flower back!

So after the FS event, I could no longer see people's avatars when a FS came to my dock, only monkeyheads. I thought it was just part of the way it functioned, and that also contributed to my thinking that the FS didn't function anymore after the event. But it turns out, it was the FF. I harvested the original Friendly Flower Pots from the FS event to make room on my island about a month ago, max. I had kept it only because I could, even though I don't like pink much, but decided to get rid of it and make space and not store it. Actually, I don't even know if storing it was an option. Anyway, once I had FF (and remember, I'm talking original FF, from 2017) in storage again, I started seeing avatars again. People connected to me through FB, like Liv, show their avatar like you just saw in my pic. I still see monkeyheads, but they must be my GC and in-game friends.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 am

Ely321 wrote:the next question is: is it only working for MM because of the FF? :idea:

Now THAT is a good question. And if so, then PB should give us all 1 permanent FF so we can all see everyone and it all functions properly. Uh oh, we may need AnchormanSteve's input here :?
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 am

Dang it Ely, we thought we were getting somewhere here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 am

I wonder if the Devs even know of this feature? I have FF pots but they are all harvested. I didn't start saving one harvest until two events after the Friend Ship. Darn. This is really good info to pass on everyone! The next event where you purchase these things, whether it be FF pots or Jelly Bean trees, try to save one harvest. It's not always going to work because I have an unharvested sand crab and he hasn't done squat, except shake his bucket at me asking me to harvest it.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 am

mauimonkey wrote:Dang it Ely, we thought we were getting somewhere here :lol: :lol: :lol:

we are :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 4
DragonWalker

Postby DragonWalker » Tue May 22, 2018 4:04 am

I have two or three of every unharvested gift giving item be it a flower pot or the wrapping paper since these events started with the FS event. (I like the different colored pots that's why I didn't harvest them all). I would be willing to help test your theory Mauimonkey if you would like. I use a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 that runs lollipop Android (that's what my son say it uses). That way if I have a different system than you we could see if it works the same on mine.
Started Playing = December 10, 2015
Connected To Google+ :
Island Name = DragonWalker56 *** Game Avatar = Orange Dragon Head
During Bad Weather Or Disconnected From Google+ :
Original Island Name = Raven *** Game Avatar = Monkey Head
Lvl 80

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 5:07 am

Ok, so we don't know if it is the FF or not. Both thoughts could be correct; that it works if you have FF, and doesn't if you don't have FF. Or that it does work even if you don't have FF (but then how do we explain going months and months and months and months of never getting rewards at our FS?) It may just be that people get the odd reward now and then from people who DO have FF and fill boat orders, and then of course who gift the actual flowers to the FS. More experimenting will be needed. Yes please, all help and input is appreciated.

Ok, those who do not have FF......is there a blue frame around the monkeyhead on the FS, indicating that it is a friend? Like this.....

If I am remembering correctly, I don't remember the blue frame being there when I didn't have the FF, but can't be sure now that I do have FF. I'm not sure if I still get some with no frames, but will pay attention now.

Jerry, remember it is the original FFP, the light pink ones from 2017. They die and disappear completely when you do the last harvest.

And it wasn't having the FFP that made me see avatars again, it was harvesting it and keeping a FF in my storage. I have one left. I don't think any of the other event gift/decor items are a factor anywhere for anything else, prob just this one as the FS is interactive. But it's not a bad idea to keep one harvest or one gifting item in your storage. Just in case, as we are seeing here.

DragonWalker, yes, whatever we can figure out is great. It is up to you if you want to harvest your FFP to experiment. I play on Apple Devices, iOS. Though I don't think that's a factor, but you never know. If you are willing to harvest one (the light pink one from 2017), I would bet that you will start to see avatars again. Well, depending I guess. The avatars I see are FB avatars, are you on FB? And if you are on GooglePlay, those have avatars too, right? So you could see what the FS at your docks look like first, if they have blue frames or not. And then once you harvest and have FF in storage, see if you see avatars and blue frames after that.

Basically, if we can't see the avatars, we can't confirm anything. And if we can see the avatars, we have to be able to communicate with that player or we have no way of confirming if that person got anything when we filled the FS order. I'm going to keep looking for forum friends. If I get a FS order from any of you, I will fill it and let you know.

So everyone, let's put all of our great minds together and see what we can figure out :D

If it really is the FF that are making it function again, then we should all petition to have the programming fixed so that it functions properly for everyone as it was originally intended to. Or have them issue all of us one permanent FF that stays in our storage.

And AnchormanSteve, I bet you could clear this up for us in a flash ;) Please do if you can :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”