Friend Ships

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 12
JoannaK

Re: Friend Ships

Postby JoannaK » Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Shawn62 wrote:I am totally lost on this. What is a "friend ship trade order"?

Have you played the game last year when we had "Friend ship building" event?
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Serene wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:Ok, just filled one for Serene. Will see if she sees this post in time, and I'll keep looking for other forum friends...

Hi Maui, yes, I saw you on my friend ship :D Haven’t read this thread yet...I presume it means it’s working now?

we don't know if it is working correctly now or not. MM still working on it. think it only works if the player has FF to give out, otherwise it doesn't. glitch in the programming.
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:54 pm

JoannaK wrote:
Shawn62 wrote:I am totally lost on this. What is a "friend ship trade order"?

Have you played the game last year when we had "Friend ship building" event?

Shawn, this was from an event over a year ago. I don't think you were here then. This is what the "Friend Ship" looks like:
http://paradise-bay.wikia.com/wiki/Friend-Ship
it comes to the docks where the other boats come usually asking for absurd requests and streaming hearts behind it.
It was intended that: when I fill an order from say your friend ship when it comes to my bay that you would get an extra reward that would show up at your friend ship on your island. while the event was on it was working that way but since the event ended it has changed and they are trying to figure out if it is really working and if so why so many don't see any rewards at their ship(other than the other player not wanting to fill those orders). It looks like you need to have one of the event items in your inventory in order to see the avatar of the person making the request. And no, there is no way for you to ask another player for specific items-the game generates the request and no, you don't get the item that the ship is requesting from the other player, again the game generates a random gift to you, usually karma, coin and some other doo dad. :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 4
DragonWalker

Postby DragonWalker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi Mauimonkey,
I have three players with pink hearts on their avatars. Two are not posting on the forum and I'm not sure if they check the forum at all. The other one I sent a PM to to see if I get an answer.
I need to find another forum friend so if anyone wants to help me with this and has Kittykatz friended go there to find me and I will friend you so I can fill a boat order for you.
Thank you for your help.

P.S. Mauimonkey I sent you a PM.
Started Playing = December 10, 2015
Connected To Google+ :
Island Name = DragonWalker56 *** Game Avatar = Orange Dragon Head
During Bad Weather Or Disconnected From Google+ :
Original Island Name = Raven *** Game Avatar = Monkey Head
Lvl 80

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 6:10 pm

DragonWalker wrote:Hi Mauimonkey,
I have three players with pink hearts on their avatars. Two are not posting on the forum and I'm not sure if they check the forum at all. The other one I sent a PM to to see if I get an answer.
I need to find another forum friend so if anyone wants to help me with this and has Kittykatz friended go there to find me and I will friend you so I can fill a boat order for you.
Thank you for your help.

P.S. Mauimonkey I sent you a PM.

I got your PM and replied ;) I found your boat and friended you. Look for my boat at your island now, I'll also be in your dive list as I joined your dive :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue May 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Ely321 wrote:
Serene wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:Ok, just filled one for Serene. Will see if she sees this post in time, and I'll keep looking for other forum friends...

Hi Maui, yes, I saw you on my friend ship :D Haven’t read this thread yet...I presume it means it’s working now?

we don't know if it is working correctly now or not. MM still working on it. think it only works if the player has FF to give out, otherwise it doesn't. glitch in the programming.

When Maui said "filled one", didn't she mean she filled a friendship boat order or did she really mean "gifted one"? If the former, then we do know the answer. Serene did get something.

I noticed a while ago that the flower bouquets from the pink drafting table can also be gifted to friendships. I hope they keep reactivating the same gifting currencies like that instead of just taking them away when the next year rolls around.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes Beth, that is absolutely correct. I filled her FS order at my dock, and she received a reward at her FS on her island from me doing so. (I only have one 2017 FF left, and I'm not going to gift it to anyone, lol. I don't want to lose my ability to see avatars, or for people to be rewarded when I fill their FS orders ;) )

So yes, it is working. But it may only be because of those FF in my storage. I have many thoughts on this, and am currently typing a post with them all. Stay tuned ;)

That is interesting about the 2018 FF. I don't remembering noticing that, but we were all concerned with gifting the drafting tables, and not the FS at that time. But you don't remember seeing avatars when we had those 2018 FF in stock, do you? I don't, but there are always things we don't notice if we're aren't looking for something specifically. Does anyone remember seeing avatars at that time? Does anyone have a harvest left on a 2018 FFP that they are willing to harvest to experiment with?
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue May 22, 2018 6:42 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
That is interesting about the 2018 FF. I don't remembering noticing that, but we were all concerned with gifting the drafting tables, and not the FS at that time. But you don't remember seeing avatars when we had those 2018 FF in stock, do you? I don't, but there are always things we don't notice if we're aren't looking for something specifically. Does anyone remember seeing avatars at that time?

I only learned the table FF also work on the boat because I still have some to give out and recently almost gave some to somebody's boat by accident. Not sure it would have mattered, but I didn't know if they would still get the captains favors, so I gave them to the table.

I don't think I've seen avatars on any Friendships, FF or not. I just harvested some, so I'll try to pay attention.
Last edited by BethM on Tue May 22, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 pm

BethM wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:
That is interesting about the 2018 FF. I don't remembering noticing that, but we were all concerned with gifting the drafting tables, and not the FS at that time. But you don't remember seeing avatars when we had those 2018 FF in stock, do you? I don't, but there are always things we don't notice if we're aren't looking for something specifically. Does anyone remember seeing avatars at that time?

I only learned the table FF also work on the boat because I still have some to give out and recently almost gave some to somebody's boat by accident. Not sure it would have mattered, but I didn't know if they would still get the captains favors.

I don't think I've seen avatars on any Friendships, FF or not. I just harvested some, so I'll try to pay attention.

Thanks Beth, I'm looking forward to seeing if you can see avatars once you have them. If not, then we know it only applies to the 2017 FF that were meant for the FS. Remember some will still be monkeyheads, but you should also see FB avatars if it is working. Most of the FS at my docks have FB avatars, because my FB friends outnumber the rest by far.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue May 22, 2018 6:51 pm

What strikes me is that we so rarely receive anything on the Friendships that most people had come to believe there was no longer anything in filling these orders. I guess that means either that any one player's boat is not sent out very often or that the whole player community isn't filling FS orders very often. I remember that was an issue at first because the boats asked for a lot and only gave coins and xp. Once they added other items to these boats, they were more worth filling, but apparently a lot of players still don't fill them much. Maybe they need to switch to gems.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”