Tradefest is rigged!

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 4
GeneStarwind

Tradefest is rigged!

Postby GeneStarwind » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 am

Several times a day, I get a request for something that is unreasonable. For example: I harvest Magnolias and Roses to make bouquets and as soon as I do that, I get requests to harvest the flowers I JUST HARVESTED! Same thing for Cacao, Blueberries and Pomegranates.
Also, when I collect a 6hr+ item from a mill to fill a "collect x items from mills", it immediately asks me to make THE SAME ITEM I JUST COLLECTED!
If it happens once, that's just bad luck. However, this has happened AT LEAST 5 times every day! It knows what requests will be most unreasonable to fill in less than 18 hours and hands me as many of them as possible. I haven't been able to complete a Tradefest since the Orca. I have no doubt that unless I spend thousands of gems, I will not be able to finish this one, either. I have already spent over 500 and I am STILL stuck at level 6. This is likely the LAST Tradefest I will ever even start. I'm done. Can't deal with the cheating.
I have plenty of reason to suspect that this is probably a deliberate act of King.com because I have this sort of retaliation against players who make, what they consider, "excessive complaints", no matter how well-founded they are.
IN fact, I fully expect to banned from the forums for this very post, because I am flat-out accusing the staff of rigging the game to make it as hard as possible out of a simple abuse of power. They already have shown that they will punish anyone who questions their almighty authority.
Prove me wrong.
Android Only
GameCenter - Gene*Starwind
Google - StarwindandHawking
Google+ - Gene Starwind
Level 64

Shianyee84

Re: Tradefest is rigged!

Postby Shianyee84 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:49 am

Lol. I know what you mean. I have that several times too. What I learned is simply not to collect those items that take Long to make when it requires me to collect a number of items. Instead, i'll make quick items like nets or ropes or planks. When I need to harvest a certain crop for making items, I'll try to leave one of the tree/bush available for harvest in case it's asked of me later. And always try to buy tree crop from world market as and when I see them cause I don't harvest enough during trade fest. Items from sloths are also in shortage cos I try not to harvest until I run out of them.

If the impossible to fill requests still pops up, which it definitely will once a while, I'll just delete them and wait for the next request.
GC id: Angeline_195
Level 65
Working on: Relationships with islanders
Device: iPad mini 3
Singapore

Shianyee84

Postby Shianyee84 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:57 am

One thing I kept reminding myself during tradefest is;

Don't do anything unless it is requested. When you do need to do something, do the minimum. (Like harvesting tree crops/bushes).

So far the gems I spent during tradefests are only for those timed requests, usually less than 40 gems per tradefest.
Level 65
Singapore

Tier 4
GeneStarwind

Postby GeneStarwind » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 am

Shianyee84 wrote:One thing I kept reminding myself during tradefest is;

Don't do anything unless it is requested. When you do need to do something, do the minimum. (Like harvesting tree crops/bushes).

So far the gems I spent during tradefests are only for those timed requests, usually less than 40 gems per tradefest.

Pardon me, but did you not read what I posted? I harvest to make an item the 'fest wants and then asks me immediately to REHARVEST THE SAME CROPS! and it's ALWAYS the 16+hr crops.
Seven times, I have had to dump ALL THREE requests because of this. Also, I dump a request because I can fill it in less than 12 hours, and as soon as I clear one I CAN do, it asks me do the same thing I just dumped! Example: it asks me to complete 4 boat orders. I can't because they ALL want items that will take me time to gather than I have to complete them, so I dump the request. I fill a request for "collect 6 items from mills" and when I do, it asks me to FILL 4 BOAT ORDERS less than 10 minutes after dumping the first such request! This happens far to often to be coincidence.
Android Only
Google+ - Gene Starwind
Level 64

Tier 4
GeneStarwind

Postby GeneStarwind » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:58 am

Unlike previous 'fests, I have only been asked "tap x wildlife" only ONCE! The vast majority is Fill x tradepost, fill x boat orders, collect x items from mills and harvest x resources.
Android Only
Google+ - Gene Starwind
Level 64

Shianyee84

Postby Shianyee84 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Chill chill. You seem so angry. Yes I read what you posted. And yes, I have the same requests. this particular trade fest (and the last one too) I have many request to fill x trade post orders. Even timed request to fill x trade post orders. Once I just collected 2 ukuleles to fill a trade post order, and the next request after that is to collect an ukulele as a mystery item. Another time I harvested coconuts to make milk for orders cause I run out of coconuts, the next request was to collect 6 coconuts, and I have none ready, not for another 6 hours!

The situations you have I'm sure many people have. Sometimes I just deleted a trade fest request and after one hour refresh, it request for another one I can't fill, so I have to delete again and wait another hour, making the total wait 2 hours.

Yes i do get frustrated, but end of the day, i just tell myself to have more patience. What I do is just to prepare the items for the request, be it trade post order or boat order or specific trade fest request, even if it does take Long time, then just close the game and do something else. When I next come back to the game, I have orders I can fill and trade fest requests I can fill as well. Takes longer time than those who finish in a day of course. I usually finish tradefest in 3 to 4 days.
Level 65
Singapore

Tier 9
Tr4cey

Postby Tr4cey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:11 pm

It isn't rigged. It's a challenge. Do you see the difference? If every request was immediately achievable, it wouldn't need to be a seven day event, it could be finished in a couple if hours. The experience you are describing is pretty much the experience of every other player. It is what it is.

You've posted your rage at the global King conspiracy to destroy Genestarwind a number of times. I'm genuinely baffled as to why you still play the game.
Level 75
NW England

Linny77

Postby Linny77 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:13 pm

It's not rigged because you can choose to do it or not. . I alway buy things rather than harvest during trade fest . That way you never get stuck.
I think people need to relax because it's only a game.

Tier 4
GeneStarwind

Postby GeneStarwind » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Buy things?
I have NEVER been allowed to buy submarines.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy shark cages.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy diving helmets.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy palettes.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy Smoothies.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy Pomegranate Punch.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy ANYTHING that takes more than 3 hours to make, YET, I get a request to have 2 submarines. That takes EIGHTEEN HOURS to fill, IF I have the raw materials. As soon as I harvest blueberries to make something requested, I IMMEDIATELY get another request to harvest blueberries, which I cannot do for 22+ hours.
No, this thing is clearly rigged. I had to dump over ONE HUNDRED REQUESTS because I could not fill them in less than 19 hours. The admins know what I have and fix the TF to make sure I cannot finish it without spending at least 2,000 gems. It's a scam to get people to spend money.
I am programmer and game designer. I've been doing this for over 40 years. I know a rigged game when I see it.
Android Only
Google+ - Gene Starwind
Level 64

Tier 3
Davefarr49

Postby Davefarr49 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:49 pm

GeneStarwind wrote:Buy things?
I have NEVER been allowed to buy submarines.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy shark cages.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy diving helmets.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy palettes.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy Smoothies.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy Pomegranate Punch.
I have NEVER been allowed to buy ANYTHING that takes more than 3 hours to make, YET, I get a request to have 2 submarines. That takes EIGHTEEN HOURS to fill, IF I have the raw materials. As soon as I harvest blueberries to make something requested, I IMMEDIATELY get another request to harvest blueberries, which I cannot do for 22+ hours.
No, this thing is clearly rigged. I had to dump over ONE HUNDRED REQUESTS because I could not fill them in less than 19 hours. The admins know what I have and fix the TF to make sure I cannot finish it without spending at least 2,000 gems. It's a scam to get people to spend money.
I am programmer and game designer. I've been doing this for over 40 years. I know a rigged game when I see it.

That's why I buy blueberries and other things like Cocoa or Mangoes whenever I see them. As for your list of things you have 'never been allowed to buy'. who's stopping you? These things all come up on the WM - this morning alone there were 4 submarines at one point when I visited. Buy or make things things like that in advance when you know there is a Tradefest coming - like most of us do already. I think you just need to reassess how you play the game and plan better or follow the advice given on the forum. I did and it took me 2 days with no gems used. What makes you think the developers are singling you out? Rather paranoid isn't it?
Gunning for the end of level 65.

This thing is way too addictive! Setting an alarm for 2.00 am to complete a trade is just insane.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008163997850

PB Island = David

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”