Posting screenshots using imgur

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: Posting screenshots using imgur

Postby mauimonkey » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:40 pm

djohn3853 wrote:Image

Attempting to post pic using tinypic. Can’t figure out imgur

Wow, I think it worked. Guess I could have used a better pic. Think I took it through a screen.

Nice job djohn, and cool pic! The screen gives it an interesting effect ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 am

Hi everyone. Have done some work and research into imgur issues.....

For those who keep getting the screen that tells you that you have to download the app on your mobile device, you do not have to. I provided a work around for this a while ago, it is in the instructions on page one.

iOS devices: Using the desktop site on an iOS device has not been functioning properly for a while. It seems that it works, but then you're not able to copy the link correctly as instructed in the desktop instructions. It's best to use the mobile link and instructions when using iOS devices, but there is another option when you use the desktop site on a mobile device: Once the image has uploaded, press and hold your finger on the image. A menu will pop up, select Copy. Paste that in your post here, highlight it, then go to the options above the smilies and hit the IMG button. That will add the image tags needed to show what you copied and pasted here as an actual picture in you post, and not just a link.

Android devices: Using the desktop site on an Android device does work, and you are able to copy the link correctly. You can use the mobile or desktops sites on Android device. There have been some reports about imgur not working correctly on Androids, but I have not encountered any issues. I am happy to try and figure it out if I am given more details about the issues.

I have added links for postimages and tinypic to the top of the instructions on page one. These are alternative sites suggested by the forum community. I have not provided instructions for them, but they are pretty easy and self explanatory. I may add instructions for them in the future.

As always, if there are any questions when using any of these sites, feel free to post on this thread. There are many helpful people here to help navigate you through all 3 of these sites.

Happy posting everyone :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi friends :D

PB is doing a new contest where people share images of their island.....

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=301039

Everyone is invited to share! There will be multiple winners and some nice gem rewards!

As PB has provided a link to this thread in the contest thread, I'd like to remind and welcome everyone to use this thread if you have questions or need help posting images of your island. There are instructions and links for imgur on page one of this thread, and also links to some other community suggested image uploading sites. Also, there are many many people here who are well experienced in not only imgur but other image sites as well, and we are all willing to help! So please, feel free to post on this thread if you have questions or need help of any kind.

I look forward to seeing all of the amazing islands!!! Happy posting everyone :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 am

Thank you for helping me. Not sure what the easiest way to go back and forth is between the screens.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 am

HeavenSent wrote:Thank you for helping me. Not sure what the easiest way to go back and forth is between the screens.

You are most welcome. The easiest thing to do is to take your screenshot and then go to imgur to get the BBCode or image first. Then come to the forum and paste it in a new post. You can have multiple screens open in your browser if you choose. Go ahead and try to get the image. If you get the code successfully preview your post before you submit it to make sure the image shows. I will wait for you to walk you through it if you have questions, so just let me know here if you need help :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 am

Ok!!! Going to try it now.

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 am

I'm not sure about the bbc code.

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 am

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 am

HeavenSent wrote:

You got it! Great work!!!!

Yes, that is the tab it should be under, what device are you playing on?
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:32 am

On a Windows 10 computer.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”