Posting screenshots using imgur

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 6
Zobyn

Re: Posting screenshots using imgur

Postby Zobyn » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:46 am

mauimonkey wrote:Hi Dave! Hi Zobyn! I have the same questions as Zobyn. I also do not have an account or the app and do not see this screen........interested to know the scenario where this screen is available, it does seem easier. The more imgur info here the better. Thanks! :D

Hi Maui! Good to see you. As we lose our friends to Facebook circles it's nice to see you reading ( and posting ) here. I think Dave is FBing as well and may have missed our response posts. Either way, Happy Holidays to you.
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:38 am

Zobyn wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:Hi Dave! Hi Zobyn! I have the same questions as Zobyn. I also do not have an account or the app and do not see this screen........interested to know the scenario where this screen is available, it does seem easier. The more imgur info here the better. Thanks! :D

Hi Maui! Good to see you. As we lose our friends to Facebook circles it's nice to see you reading ( and posting ) here. I think Dave is FBing as well and may have missed our response posts. Either way, Happy Holidays to you.

Thanks Zobyn! And happy holidays to you too! I am just starting to come around more and look forward to chatting with you again my old friend. :D I am sure Dave will see this at some point. And to Dave or any others who know more info, please let me know, as I am happy to then edit these instructions to include other imgur options. Thanks friends!
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Mauimonkey. Sure do miss your treasure hunts...and you. Hugs!

walli

Postby walli » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Thank you so much mauimonkey for the instructions. Here is my picture of the aviary/oriental garden and the relic park.

Tier 3
StephanieSatt

Postby StephanieSatt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 pm

I figured out how to take a screenshot but when I went to imgur, it looked nothing like your pics. Do I need an account or the app? It was all about most recent posts. I even upload a pic but it was called a post. I could share with Facebook or Twitter, but nothing about BBC code or copying it.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Bubbles! I miss you too. Will be around more so will see you soon.

Your welcome walli, so glad it helped. Your island looks great!

Hi Stephanie! Does the screen you see look like the one Dave posted on page 4 of this thread? Or can you describe it for us? When you go to imgur.com it should look like the first pic in the instructions. You do not need to have an account or download the app to be able to use imgur. The instructions I made are for this situation, when you don't have the app or an account.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 3
StephanieSatt

Postby StephanieSatt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:58 pm

When I go to imgur.com, the page that shows up has hundreds of thumbnail pics. At the very top it says:
Imgur (with a down arrow) then New Posts (with a down arrow) and across from those is the sign in and sign up. Next is an advertisement. They third line says "The most viral images on the internet, sorted by popularity". Then all the pics under that. So in my effort to load a snapshot, I tapped the down arrow button Imgur.

Tier 3
StephanieSatt

Postby StephanieSatt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:02 am

Sorry, stopped to soon. Imgur arrow goes to blog, about, apps, store, that stuff. The New Posts arrow says upload images, but nothing like what you describe. Tried it anyway, but just posts to Imgur. Can share to Facebook, Twitter, name the photo, but no BBC, nothing like what you describe. Deleted post and came here. I appreciate any help.

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:45 am

Steph, I think you're using the Desktop website (the instructions above are for the mobile website).

If you're using the desktop site once you've uploaded the image (you see the Facebook etc buttons on the right - I think this is where you got to) click the image and you should get a drop down menu top right of image. Click the down arrow and then "Get Share Links". Then it'll show you the BBCode (Forums). Paste this into your post here.

Let us know how you get on. ;)
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Tier 3
StephanieSatt

Postby StephanieSatt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:50 am

Thanks! I will give it a shot.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”