Island TV appeared today! With bonus....

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
BethM

Re: Island TV appeared today! With bonus....

Postby BethM » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Doctor00z wrote:
Ely321 wrote:I think they've released a whole new batch of betas on us people :lol: :lol:

mine only ever works for the first of the two ads so there's no way for me to ever get the "reward" at the bottom. oh, well :mrgreen:

Ely, this happens to me as well, every time. I'm on an android. After the first one, exit the game and clear your game cache. Then go back in. When I do this, I get a new birdie with a video. I have to clear the cache after every video, but I get all 6 prizes and the bonus chest this way. Hope it works for you!

That might work in Android, but it had no effect on my ipad. It didn’t come back so after 2 or 3 hours, I cleared history and cookies and reset the advertising identifier and it has still not come back.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Doctor00z wrote:
Ely321 wrote:I think they've released a whole new batch of betas on us people :lol: :lol:

mine only ever works for the first of the two ads so there's no way for me to ever get the "reward" at the bottom. oh, well :mrgreen:

Ely, this happens to me as well, every time. I'm on an android. After the first one, exit the game and clear your game cache. Then go back in. When I do this, I get a new birdie with a video. I have to clear the cache after every video, but I get all 6 prizes and the bonus chest this way. Hope it works for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I found that trick too but . . . he just seems to disappear as soon as i've done 5 of the 6-just doesn't come back for the 6th :cry:
and also that game is on android. strangely enough they seem to have stopped giving me the back to back-now it's just occasionally and it has crashed my game a few times too. and, despite have all my sounds off on both the device and the game-i still hear the ads :o

they need to revise the android beta
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Jopnittany

Postby Jopnittany » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Strange, I sent a message to the Game Support and they quickly replied that it wasn't a common issue (the Island TV crashing the game) and basically said that they weren't going to do anything about it because it didn't effect many players. However, the fact that it's a known issue on the Forum says otherwise.

- Jopnittany
Ely321 wrote:he came a calling on my Ely2 as well. back to back. the first one worked, the second didn't :?
will keep my eyes open for him ;)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Jopnittany wrote:Strange, I sent a message to the Game Support and they quickly replied that it wasn't a common issue (the Island TV crashing the game) and basically said that they weren't going to do anything about it because it didn't effect many players. However, the fact that it's a known issue on the Forum says otherwise.

- Jopnittany
Ely321 wrote:he came a calling on my Ely2 as well. back to back. the first one worked, the second didn't :?
will keep my eyes open for him ;)

well, my game re-started/closed all together a few times yesterday right after he visited. but if they aren't doing anything about it, not much i can do? just hope it doesn't happen while on on TF with a timed request-will keep in mind to ignore the bird during those :D

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Sounds like Horatio might not be the only thing you shoot out of the sky...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Bobbo wrote:Sounds like Horatio might not be the only thing you shoot out of the sky...

possibly :lol: :lol:

i thought i'd lost that bird months ago. it must of gone to lay eggs under some city somewhere and came back when they were spawned ;)

Tier 2
Brindiana

Postby Brindiana » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:32 pm

I prefer the game to commercials and the annoying bird on my island. Thanks.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Bobbo wrote:Sounds like Horatio might not be the only thing you shoot out of the sky...

Yes, clearly, for our next builder event we need a build-it-yourself surface to air missile.

Come to th8nk of it, we already have all the ingredients we’d need to build Captain Kirk’s Gorn cannon - bamboo, rope, gems. He had to make do with charcoal and sulfur, but we already have black powder.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
Doctor00z

Postby Doctor00z » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 am

Ely321 wrote:
Doctor00z wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I found that trick too but . . . he just seems to disappear as soon as i've done 5 of the 6-just doesn't come back for the 6th :cry:
and also that game is on android. strangely enough they seem to have stopped giving me the back to back-now it's just occasionally and it has crashed my game a few times too. and, despite have all my sounds off on both the device and the game-i still hear the ads :o

they need to revise the android beta

Darn! I was able to get the bonus every time. And I haven't had game crashes from it. I wonder if it depends on which version or update of android you have.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 am

Doctor00z wrote:Darn! I was able to get the bonus every time. And I haven't had game crashes from it. I wonder if it depends on which version or update of android you have.

who knows? i sent in my info to PB hoping they can figure out what's up. so far today i've managed to get 5/6 and about 35 min left on the timer before it re-sets to see if the bird comes the 6th time or not? a few times i had to re-start after getting a dud bird and it came back after re-setting but still waiting for that 6th bird :roll:

good news, it hasn't crashed my game yet today :lol:

yup, sure enough he didn't come the 6th time. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”