Use of the term "Community Event"

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
mauimonkey

Use of the term "Community Event"

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:51 pm

I'd like to note that using the term "Community Event" for a regular event is very confusing to people. It came up a couple weeks ago when someone asked about PBs birthday/anniversary, and since then people have gotten very confused between the difference of a regular event and a community event and are using the term for all events. The reason that it seems important to me is that regular events and community events are 2 entirely different things, and when we use the wrong term to discribe something it confuses people. People have gotten their hopes up for no reason thinking another community event is coming just because of misunderstanding, miscommunication and/or misinformation. My intention of writing this post is to clarify the difference between the two, and hopefully help with all of the confusion.

An event like the one we have now (drafting table) is simply called a "Building" and/or "Gathering" Event. That is the term PB uses for them. It applies to all events that we have where we build and/or gather specific things for the event: drafting tables, gingerbread house, Friend-Ship, sandcastle, etc., etc., etc. When an event has the gifting aspect with it (when we are able to buy items that supply us with items that we can then share with friends) the popular term for that aspect is "social" or even "sharing" event. I can see how it is tempting to use the word community, as it does feel like a community thing, but using that term is only confusing because there really is such a thing as a Community Event.

A "Community Event" is an event in and of itself and works completely differently than any other event. We have only ever had one, and it was specifically called the "Community Event." This event tracked the progress of EVERY PB player across the globe and had goals set that were achieved by the combined efforts of ALL PB players, the entire PB community, hence the name Community Event.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83479&p=414959

http://paradise-bay.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Event

I believe that term should only be used when discribing an actual community event, otherwise it is just too confusing to people, and like I said, just gives people misinformation or gets them excited about something that really isn't going to happen. I hope some day that they do give us another community event, it was super fun. And when and if they do, by all means, call it a community event ;) :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 6
Zobyn

Re: Use of the term "Community Event"

Postby Zobyn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Maui ❤️

This is why I suggested in the recent Survey on the Forum, That the moderator be someone familiar with the game. While I’m not of the mind it be those posting here, I would not for one instance think twice about officially electing you to be our official moderator. You are knowledgeable, helpful, and non cliiquish.

I’m sure you have better things to do ... but wouldn’t it be nice to have a mod as historically and practically as game knowledgeable as you.

No disrespect to past mods, but this game has many a nuance that only those playing a long time understand fully. While we don’t have the technical nuances of the game ( like why added land is hard to come by w/o denigrating the present graphics ) we do get those fine points of playing the game.

One can dream.
Last edited by Zobyn on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Nalani80

Postby Nalani80 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:22 pm

I agree with you,Zobyn MM would be an excellent one!
GC id Nalani
Level 75
Location Maui, Hawaii

Tier 6
Zobyn

Postby Zobyn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Nalani80 wrote:I agree with you,Zobyn MM would be an excellent one!

We probably need both .. a player mod like Maui and a technical advisor to hear the game complaints as well as give Maui updates.

But Maui should be paid ... :lol:
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Oh my goodness you guys!!! I am so flattered! ::blushing:: Thank you :D
Most people here know me well, and my intentions are always just to help people. In all these years and all of my posts, I hope I have achieved that ;)

Hmmmmm..... I might consider it if it pays better than my real job, but they already have me for free :lol: :lol: :lol: Think they would offer retroactive pay for all my years of service? Hahaha!!! Well, it is a nice thought, thank you for thinking of me. And I agree, we need regular communication, and from someone with experience. We shall see what they give us ;) :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:17 pm

What??

You mean Mauimonkey is NOT our official moderator??

Well, I've always taken her words and advice as gold. :D

She knows this game inside and out, and the best thing is.....she actually listens too, and answers with respect and kindness, and pretty darn fast too. :D
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Kitty, you crack me up! Well, no one ever told me about it, so..... probably not, lol. Though I do try my best ;) Thank you for the kind words (more blushing). There are many many helpful players here, and I'm glad you've all include me in that group. I do love to help :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:29 am

Zobyn wrote:
Nalani80 wrote:I agree with you,Zobyn MM would be an excellent one!

We probably need both .. a player mod like Maui and a technical advisor to hear the game complaints as well as give Maui updates.

But Maui should be paid ... :lol:

Do they read these for free. What a hip.

To read these and not get any info out of it is also a jip.

They have worked soooooo hard on entertaining us and not do anything with the helpful complaints and suggestions is such a waste on their behalf.
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:54 pm

I agree Maui you should be paid, so should Liv! But I think Liv wants to continue as the #1 player ! I’d love you as moderator as well! Thanks for the clarification on community event, I think the name problem is with PB. The current event is an event where the community is helping each other!

The event PB is calling a community event should be called what it is a WW competition event where the results will be posted! Just saying there’s a name confusion on FB.
GC: LCSFBEACH
Level 80 storage TH 7020 and WM 6975
101/102 pets / 93 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1 ⭐️⭐️ 7 ⭐️
Karma 2.73 mil ❤️ and gold 115.51 mil
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:45 pm

I agree, these social gifting events that we get ARE community involved, and I really like that aspect of these events. And while we can't change what PB calls events, we can at least use the same terms as they do when we speak of them so to keep everything clear and not be confusing to people. I know there is confusion, and that's why I started this thread. If a player comes to this forum and does a search for community event, what they will find is info on the real Community Event. So if we start calling Building/Gathering events community events also, then people might be under the impression that we are talking about the real Community Event. That's what I want to avoid. People have already been confused and gotten their hopes up about a real Community Event only because people are using that term to discribe a regular event, and we don't want to mislead people, give them false information, or get them excited about something that isn't really happening. So that's where my real concern is, to me it does not seem fair to players who have questions if we give them false information. So that's what I'm really getting at here, if we are to give people and people with questions information, it should be the correct information, right?

I just want to show a few pics of official announcements which show the term PB uses.....

Again, all I want to do here is help and make things clear to everyone so that we all understand, and so that we can all help people correctly. It isn't fair to give people incorrect info, and so that's why I'm trying to help with the confusion so that we can all help other players everywhere to understand correctly :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”