Trading with buddies not working

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Bingofuel

Trading with buddies not working

Postby Bingofuel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Twice now i try to farm for a friend and put mats up for her and someone else snatches it up before she even sees it. Whats up with that? There nothing i can do about it? Any input would be appreciate it.

Tier 4
Grandmams3

Re: Trading with buddies not working

Postby Grandmams3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:39 pm

They have to let you know exactly when they are on your island an in your market. I have a "stalker", nothing else I can call him. I can post something for a fellow friend trader and this specific person 9 times of 10 gets it not who I was posting it for. Kind of a crap shoot. Don't get discouraged sometimes it works.
Georgia
Level 65 oold pad regretfully lost in my move
Level 77 on new IPad 62K Karma $7M coin
GC ID: grandmams3
Mexia ,Texas
!Love this game!!

Bingofuel

Postby Bingofuel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Hmm. That sucks. I do put it there when they are watching. Seems like cheating. I put the stuff out there at the lowest price for friends. Not random goons. There should be a secure way to trade.

Megwilson06

Postby Megwilson06 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:46 pm

When you trade, you are essentially trading at your own risk. You get friends and non-friends in your market. If you buy something, who's to know they were trying to sell it to someone? It's not cheating. If I see a single cotton, that will usually tell me that someone is trying to do a trade. I can see where it may be frustrating but the game isn't set up for private trades.
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:32 pm

You could use Private Messages on the forum to confirm when to "meet" for a trade, means it's less public. You could also agree something else to buy first (rather than 1 cotton or bamboo) so it's not so obvious a trade is imminent. Depends on how valuable the trade is really.
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:50 pm

It is a World Market not a Buddy Market. Usually trading with a buddy will work..
Do you only buy from people in your friend group?
Who's to say that you haven't jumped on a trade intended for someone else before?
Jumping on a good buy does not make the guy a big goon and in no way would ever be considered cheating.
Unless you consider everyone who is not in your friend group to be a random goon and a cheater for buying goods from you. I guess that would make me a random goon/cheater too..... LOL
Its part of the game and the challenge. You would not get far in this game if you could only buy and sell to people in your friends group. That is how this game is designed to be played.
I say kudos to the guy for being fast on those good buys.
Keep trying though. Maybe wait a while before trying again.
Don't be upset for someone who is just playing the game the way it is designed to be played.
And please stop the name calling for those just playing a game.

Tier 9
Tr4cey

Postby Tr4cey » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Bingofuel wrote:random goons.

You mean, the people who play the game ... like you!

When you put something in your market, you've made it available for public sale. That's how the game works. You can't assume they are lurking in your market just to annoy you. If they have seen the stuff you sell, and friended you (as designed by the game) then your goods show up in their market quite regularly.

As players, we've come up with a method to sell to friends, but it is actually against the ethos of the game. It is, technically, a form of cheating. If it works, great. If someone else sees goods for sale in their market and buys them, good for them, they have bought something they needed, which absolutely is not cheating. As has been mentioned elsewhere, it's likely that you've bought something meant for someone else too. It's disingenuous to insult other players just because they're playing the game as it was designed.
Level 75
NW England

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”