Island TV

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
4mom711

Re: Island TV

Postby 4mom711 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 am

Woohoo, watched my first video today and received an ax for a 5 sec. video. Ok, PB bring them on!!! I like the fact that they give you the option to watch or pass.
Username: 4mom711
Level 80
Daily player
FB: Bo Pink

Tier 2
Seejaykaygee

Postby Seejaykaygee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:01 am

Thank you got it today
please join us https://www.facebook.com/groups/PBFRIENDLYHORIZONS/

DeanB

Postby DeanB » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:08 am

I read the posts of people who like Island TY. Fine for them. I have it and do not like it. It is too bad that there is not an option to click on "never return" rather than having to click on the TV and then click on wait every six hours. I don't plan to stop playing this game because of the advertisements, although I did stop playing some other King games that have tons of advertisements and intrusions into playing the game, so I guess there is a limit for everyone.
DeanBMD - IPad
Dean - Windows

Shanate14

Postby Shanate14 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 am

I love the island tv!! I've also started a group on Facebook for PB players!! Come join us!! Paradise Bay-friends and helpers

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:52 am

Don't get too used to getting prizes from Island TV. It comes and goes, since it's still in beta test phase. For me it usually comes several times a day for like a week, then there might be a month it doesn't come at all and then again...

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am

I would love for it to fly away and never return.
Yes, I like the rewards it gives. I even get gems sometimes. But when the video fails or if I don't start the video soon enough it breaks my shipyard. I no longer can see other ships in my bay or in other people's bay.
I do not like that it is a broken part of the game and like a piece of malware it breaks other parts of the game. :twisted: :evil:
I do not think it is beta anymore either. If you ever see downloading 0 of 1, then that is the ad bird trying to download to your game. If it never plays that is because the download failed. A failed download of the ad bird may break other parts of your game. Like your shipyard. I believe there is only one version of the shipyard not 2 like others say. But if ad bird fails at download then your shipyard will not work correctly. It will be a broken version of the shipyard. I have had this ad bird break my shipyard on both of my games. But I can usually get it to return to a fully functional shipyard version. PTB do not want us to know what is really going on. So we get this beta version lie instead. Wake up people.
I can do without the rewards to keep my game functional. :D

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

@Starlarose Island TV is still in beta phase (or at least that was the case last monday, when I sent a ticket about it.) Actually most of the players never see it or only see it occasionally.

Also: I've never seen anyone's ship visiting my island. Doesn't matter if I'm having Island TV at the time or not. Last I sent a ticket about it, I got an answer that there is two (or even more) versions of the shipyard at the moment... In other words: it's not finished either.
Starlarose wrote:PTB do not want us to know what is really going on. So we get this beta version lie instead. Wake up people.
Of course this always could be the situation but... Umm, why? If it's in beta test phase, it means that it's not yet functioning well enough to be released officially. So why lie about something being in beta test? :)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:09 pm

4mom711 wrote:Woohoo, watched my first video today and received an ax for a 5 sec. video. Ok, PB bring them on!!! I like the fact that they give you the option to watch or pass.

They don't really give us a pass option. The thing keeps coming back whether you want it or not. If you don't tap it, it keeps hovering around your game, moving wherever you go, getting in your way like it is trying to get under your finger to make you tap it by accident.

Making matters even worse, the bird head sits in the upper right corner area and prevents other heads (like the seal) from appearing to let you know those are up.

If this game had a shotgun, I would blast that bird to kingdom come.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:44 pm

SpaceshipPirate wrote:@Starlarose Island TV is still in beta phase (or at least that was the case last monday, when I sent a ticket about it.) Actually most of the players never see it or only see it occasionally.

Also: I've never seen anyone's ship visiting my island. Doesn't matter if I'm having Island TV at the time or not. Last I sent a ticket about it, I got an answer that there is two (or even more) versions of the shipyard at the moment... In other words: it's not finished either.
Starlarose wrote:PTB do not want us to know what is really going on. So we get this beta version lie instead. Wake up people.
Of course this always could be the situation but... Umm, why? If it's in beta test phase, it means that it's not yet functioning well enough to be released officially. So why lie about something being in beta test? :)

This is only my opinion based on what I see in my game. I play 2 games. This is true on both games.
My shipyard works as the fully functional version until I have a failure of the island tv app.
If I see the downloading 0 of 1 and yet island tv does not appear then my shipyard is usually what you call the lesser beta version. I call that the island tv broke the shipyard version. I can fix this by logging off for 5 to 10 minutes. Then when I log back in I watch for the island tv. When it appears I play it immediately. As long as it runs successfully and I get a reward I will have the fully functional version of the shipyard. When it fails I have the lesser version of the shipyard.
So please explain to me how it is that I would be given 2 different beta versions of the shipyard. Coincidentally the functionality of the island tv controls which "beta" version of the shipyard that I get.
I am not stupid. I have a background in computer support. I have done computer troubleshooting for over 20 years. I know a programming bug when I see one.
Please feel free to disagree with me. You will not convince me otherwise though.
Support uses the beta testing answer when they cannot give a real answer. I do believe that they are working to resolve this issue though.
I have seen this beta test answer from them on other issues that have been raised here. Including when I questioned support about the different gem discounts offered to different players. Did you know that the specials offered are also beta tests? That is why we get different offers and some people get no offers.That comes from a support ticket that I submitted.
Believe what you want.
I do like the rewards when it does not fail. I am hoping they can get it fixed soon.
:D

Tier 5
Tresa

Postby Tresa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I have had the island tv since I started playing and I have not had 1 issue with it. The videos always work..it never messes up sunshine challenge..which by the way has always worked for me, and I don't have the full boat beta. I once in a blue moon get to see other boats and when that happens..i get the dl 0 of 1 message.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”