Gingerbread house

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Pigtail

Gingerbread house

Postby Pigtail » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't see how I will ever reach level 8. I am constantly making items and feeding the house but am only on level 4. I need to buy the gifts galore from the barge, which will give me 1000 points but can only get more points when I level up It seems like a vicious circle! Any advice?

redwood49

Re: Gingerbread house

Postby redwood49 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:15 pm

I agree. I've been playing fairly regularly, but only nearing level 5. Trying to keep the mills cranking out gifts, and trying to keep my wrapping paper inventory down, enough to allow my other farm goods inventory to remain at acceptable numbers... Getting burnt out fast!

I think it is kind of bad, too, that we only get gifts (2) to leave with other players, when we level up the gingerbread house. And then... the gifts I believe are only an extra 5 pts...

I've been playing since 2015, so I really hate to give up, but I think I'm reaching my breaking point. Too many goals going on at the same time... Seeking pet stickers, ghost coins, trying to level up the characters and pets... Now the new permanent trees and turtle and otter that require so many gems, and I refuse to invest real money...

You know what? I'm tired! :|

Tier 2
JJArmy

Postby JJArmy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:17 pm

I just hit level 5 on mine today. I just keep feeding it amd have my mills going all the time. There is still 15 days of the event left and I have no doubt I will get to the last level. After visiting friends islands they are right around the same level so don't fret and keep feeding the house. :D
Level 51

Goals: map pieces and ghost island treasures! :D

Playing since: July 2016

Pigtail

Postby Pigtail » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks jj army. Will persevere!

PBfan

Postby PBfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:45 pm

redwood49 wrote:I agree. I've been playing fairly regularly, but only nearing level 5. Trying to keep the mills cranking out gifts, and trying to keep my wrapping paper inventory down, enough to allow my other farm goods inventory to remain at acceptable numbers... Getting burnt out fast!

I think it is kind of bad, too, that we only get gifts (2) to leave with other players, when we level up the gingerbread house. And then... the gifts I believe are only an extra 5 pts...

I've been playing since 2015, so I really hate to give up, but I think I'm reaching my breaking point. Too many goals going on at the same time... Seeking pet stickers, ghost coins, trying to level up the characters and pets... Now the new permanent trees and turtle and otter that require so many gems, and I refuse to invest real money...

You know what? I'm tired! :|
When there is a big event like this, you can't play your regular game strategies. You have to concentrate on the event and one or two other things not all things. You can also skip the event if you want to focus on the regular game, you will drive yourself LOONEY if you try to do the event and all of the regular game too!!

BlueEyedAlien

Postby BlueEyedAlien » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 pm

I, too, am growing frustrated and burning out. I have been going full-blast producing to keep from drowning in wrapping paper. No end or acceptable reward in sight The signs of the error are easy to see. The market is clogged with a glut of wrapping paper, so we are not alone.

Pigtail

Postby Pigtail » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks everyone. I am half way through level 4. But don't feel any incentive to continue. Thanks for all the replies.

Tier 2
Jjroth1167

Postby Jjroth1167 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:02 am

Hey Everyone, Like everyone else, I'm struggling, and so burned out it isn't funny. Like someone else, it is driving me crazy, trying to feed the hardly growing gingerbread house, ghost ship island, boat orders, trade posts, leveling the players, the eternal trees, holiday turtle, and now the holiday otter. I have invested real money and it is getting to the point where the game is causing me more stress and more money than the enjoyment I used to get. Diving and trying to keep my inventory at levels for the soon to come "headache" fest. I am ready to cry mercy and uncle. "sighs"
Not sure that the new game play in Bay is worth all the issues. The fun that I used to have just isn't there anymore.

tevka09

Postby tevka09 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:17 am

I have reached level 6 on the ggb house but also spent real $$ to receive the bonus pack. Even with that I feel it's a bit out of reach for people who have a life outside of pb. I wish they would make things more reasonable for those who just want to be able to complete trades and events without needing so many gems or $$ to spend. I've been playing this game since a couple months after it activated and I've enjoyed it quite alot, but the frustration is setting in a bit.

tevka09

Postby tevka09 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 am

I have reached level 6 on the ggb house but also spent real $$ to receive the bonus pack. Even with that I feel it's a bit out of reach for people who have a life outside of pb. I wish they would make things more reasonable for those who just want to be able to complete trades and events without needing so many gems or $$ to spend. I've been playing this game since a couple months after it activated and I've enjoyed it quite alot, but the frustration is setting in a bit.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”