Not feeling the Christmas spirit - lack of dive help.

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 3
Davefarr49

Not feeling the Christmas spirit - lack of dive help.

Postby Davefarr49 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm

First off - I hope everyone is having a great festive PB season.

Secondly, I'm feeling disappointed with the current seal dive extravaganza. I have to set an alarm at an ungodly hour in the morning to ensure I can dive without losing valuable time, otherwise it's impossible to finish. Which brings me on to the disappointment about this dive.

I have friended 42 islands - from the old Game Centre days and just randomly as I have come across them. so far, I've given many gifts to other islands Gingerbread houses and am continuously helping on their seal dives. But, so far, I have 2d 4h remaining to complete 2d 6h worth of dives as I have received no help whatsoever for any of my dives. This is extremely unusual as normally I have plenty of help. I'm resigned to not completing this dive sequence without help. I've only ever received one Gingerbread gift too and that was from my daughter.

I seem to be 'Johny no mates' for dives at the moment! If anyone has a spare seal, please help out if you can.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New year for 2017 and whatever PB give us next.
Gunning for the end of level 65.

This thing is way too addictive! Setting an alarm for 2.00 am to complete a trade is just insane.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008163997850

PB Island = David

Tier 3
StephanieSatt

Re: Not feeling the Christmas spirit - lack of dive help.

Postby StephanieSatt » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:29 pm

I wish you a Happy Holiday. I do not use social media, but hoping you receive a Christmas gift for your gingerbread house and dive help. Good luck!

Jeanzzbeanzz

Postby Jeanzzbeanzz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Not to add to your 'fedupness' - but I have received NO help with ANY dive since before the previous dive fest, and yes I too set my alarm as I wanted the end reward on that one.

This time I gave up after 4 dives - with no alarm. I am still helping others when the reward is worth it, but I did notice just how many helper seals were still in their house, are others finding the reward not worth diving for?

Good luck with your dive I do hope you are able to finish.

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Davefarr49 wrote:First off - I hope everyone is having a great festive PB season.

Secondly, I'm feeling disappointed with the current seal dive extravaganza. I have to set an alarm at an ungodly hour in the morning to ensure I can dive without losing valuable time, otherwise it's impossible to finish. Which brings me on to the disappointment about this dive.

I have friended 42 islands - from the old Game Centre days and just randomly as I have come across them. so far, I've given many gifts to other islands Gingerbread houses and am continuously helping on their seal dives. But, so far, I have 2d 4h remaining to complete 2d 6h worth of dives as I have received no help whatsoever for any of my dives. This is extremely unusual as normally I have plenty of help. I'm resigned to not completing this dive sequence without help. I've only ever received one Gingerbread gift too and that was from my daughter.

I seem to be 'Johny no mates' for dives at the moment! If anyone has a spare seal, please help out if you can.

Dave, you are among 2/3 of my Game Center friends who disappeared from my friend list after the 1.9.1 update. That update was strange in that it was a one-way loss; my lost friends could still see me. Those people also disappeared from other's friend lists as well. It's entirely possible that very few of your friends can access your island.

I have seen you helping sometimes on my dives or buying from my market... or at least someone with the avatar you use here ... which suggests you play connected to Facebook. If so, I would love to reconnect that way. PM me for my Facebook name. Or there's a link on Ayesha's site.
Island name: TraderGrl

Shianyee84

Postby Shianyee84 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:41 pm

The iOS update have screwed up all our Friend list. Thank you very much Apple! :cry:

I would love to add more friends, but sadly I can't anymore. While I did connect to facebook, i would really prefer not to use facebook connect. Probably I am not the only person?

But seriously, PB devs and Apple should sort out this new GC mess. It's no fun to play with limited friends.... sigh.

Anyway, merry Christmas to all and hopefully some secret santa will appear at your island Dave! I do not have you on my Friend list or I would definitely hope to be able to lend a seal... or drop a gift.
GC id: Angeline_195
Level 65
Working on: Relationships with islanders
Device: iPad mini 3
Singapore

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:08 pm

I have the same issue. I am not able to access so many of my friends to help with dives or to leave a gift
I think most of us are not getting much help with dives since everybody is diving at the same time and many of us are so busy cooking and spending time with our families. Setting up the alarm clock seem to be the only way to complete all the dives. We can just try our best.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Last edited by Lutka48 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Such is the nature of the beast, as they say. We all have but one helper seal, and sometimes he's tied up for long hours.
We have tried to make a signal to advise all players of a "dive in progress". To anyone reading the forum, if they see , a cotton, a bamboo, a cotton, and a bamboo across the first row of the Word Market, it means that person has a dive in progress. It will give us a broader reach of players to help. I currently have mine posted as such.
Being the busy holiday time too, most likely less people are on.
I wish you better luck and hope you make it to the end of the dive.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 3
Nefertamara

Postby Nefertamara » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Most of us are in the same position, especially if you used game center. I went from almost 500 friends to very few. I have had one or two helpers so far. It will be that way for most players. For example, if there was 100 people with dives there are1200 positions for divers. There aren't enough divers to go round to fill all those spots. There is not a chance that I will get the gnome unless I decide to spend some money on it. That's just the way it is. Maybe Santa will bring you something to make up for it! Merry Christmas :)
Maxed out everwhere, Just sitting around piling up money waiting for new levels!

Tier 3
Davefarr49

Postby Davefarr49 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:20 pm

djjess wrote:
Davefarr49 wrote:First off - I hope everyone is having a great festive PB season.

Dave, you are among 2/3 of my Game Center friends who disappeared from my friend list after the 1.9.1 update. That update was strange in that it was a one-way loss; my lost friends could still see me. Those people also disappeared from other's friend lists as well. It's entirely possible that very few of your friends can access your island.

I have seen you helping sometimes on my dives or buying from my market... or at least someone with the avatar you use here ... which suggests you play connected to Facebook. If so, I would love to reconnect that way. PM me for my Facebook name. Or there's a link on Ayesha's site.

Yes, I see your dives and help whenever I can. It has been frustrating. PB has developed so well in some areas at the sacrifice of other areas. The collapse of the GC by Apple has not helped but then PB didn't keep up with developing options I don't think. Such is life. I've had a lovely xmas day so all is not lost and after all - it's just a game (yeh, right!).

This thing is way too addictive! Setting an alarm for 2.00 am to complete a trade is just insane.

PB Island = David

Tier 3
Davefarr49

Postby Davefarr49 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:21 pm

I forgot to say that my avatar is unique. It's a bowl (Acacia burl) that I made a few years ago when I took up woodturning as a hobby to aid my rehab.

PB Island = David

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”