Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
Didi
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Didi » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:35 pm

I expressed a sentiment as to why magic is being used for Christmas. That's it! No one paid any attention to my musings as it should be. I'm just a player playing late at night after a long day. I'm over 50. So I don't get many of the new trends. My daughters just roll their eyes. They know it's Mom just being Mom.
SOMEONE claims that I was stuffing Jesus Christ as our Saviour down your throats! Huh? If anyone actually choked because of a dumb remark I made I apologize. In the future Administrators just DELETE the post and keep the sermonizing to the preachers. No need to write a page long email full of accusations and insults.

Gets off soapbox.

Oh and I'M SORRY.
Didi Bazaar
Level 70
Top

Starlarose
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Starlarose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:27 pm

I love Jesus too. Not offended by your remarks.
After all, Jesus is the reason for the season.
Praise the Lord. I make no apologies for my faith.
:D
Top

Tier 8
Bearmh
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Bearmh » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:23 pm

AMEN to both post
GC name: Bear#mh
Level 70
Same in game avatar as here
Accepting all friend request
Also send request to my daughter
KAYLANICHOLE72 level 70
Top

Tier 3
Davefarr49
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Davefarr49 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Didi wrote:I expressed a sentiment as to why magic is being used for Christmas. That's it! No one paid any attention to my musings as it should be. I'm just a player playing late at night after a long day. I'm over 50. So I don't get many of the new trends. My daughters just roll their eyes. They know it's Mom just being Mom.
SOMEONE claims that I was stuffing Jesus Christ as our Saviour down your throats! Huh? If anyone actually choked because of a dumb remark I made I apologize. In the future Administrators just DELETE the post and keep the sermonizing to the preachers. No need to write a page long email full of accusations and insults.

Gets off soapbox.

Oh and I'M SORRY.


Don't worry about it. I didn't see the original post so cannot comment on it. From what you say now, it should have been no big deal anyway. Some take offence when none is meant or don't take offence when it is meant! Probably easiest to keep religion out of this forum and stick to PB related issues.

I'm not religious in any shape or form (research scientist by trade) but respect those who do have beliefs or faith the same way I respect anybody who hasn't.

We should all be friends here with what we have in common - enjoying (or getting frustrated with) Paradise Bay.
Gunning for the end of level 65.

This thing is way too addictive! Setting an alarm for 2.00 am to complete a trade is just insane.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008163997850

PB Island = David

Location: Etueffont, FRANCE.
Top

Tier 2
Didi
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Didi » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Davefarr49 wrote:
Didi wrote:I expressed a sentiment as to why magic is being used for Christmas. That's it! No one paid any attention to my musings as it should be. I'm just a player playing late at night after a long day. I'm over 50. So I don't get many of the new trends. My daughters just roll their eyes. They know it's Mom just being Mom.
SOMEONE claims that I was stuffing Jesus Christ as our Saviour down your throats! Huh? If anyone actually choked because of a dumb remark I made I apologize. In the future Administrators just DELETE the post and keep the sermonizing to the preachers. No need to write a page long email full of accusations and insults.

Gets off soapbox.

Oh and I'M SORRY.


Don't worry about it. I didn't see the original post so cannot comment on it. From what you say now, it should have been no big deal anyway. Some take offence when none is meant or don't take offence when it is meant! Probably easiest to keep religion out of this forum and stick to PB related issues.

I'm not religious in any shape or form (research scientist by trade) but respect those who do have beliefs or faith the same way I respect anybody who hasn't.

We should all be friends here with what we have in common - enjoying (or getting frustrated with) Paradise Bay.

I have learned my lesson. It wasn't meant to be religious at all. It was an observation like why is the sun green, isn't it yellow. So thank you all for understanding. I don't like Halloween stuff. Again, not meant to be religious. For instance, I saw a full size automated butler at Home Depot. He was an old man, probably dead with a tray welcoming you into the house. It had glowing red eyes and in a deep voice it said, "Good evening". It was admittedly fun to look at. But me at night in the dark would put that thing outside the house before I go to sleep. Lol. :lol: :lol:
Didi Bazaar
Level 70
Top

Tier 6
chumrovin
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:50 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby chumrovin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Didi wrote: In the future Administrators just DELETE the post and keep the sermonizing to the preachers. No need to write a page long email full of accusations and insults.


Oh Didi, there ARE no admins :lol:

I agree with Davefarr. To each their own.
I think PB does a good job of trying to capture the spirit of a season rather than a specific holiday, making it fun for everyone.
Level 62
Android - Samsung Galaxy s7
No fb, etc (by choice)
Playing solo since November 2015
Location- WI, USA (central time)
Top

User avatar
Tier 8
Zieroh
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Zieroh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 am

Starlarose wrote:After all, Jesus is the reason for the season.


Jesus was born in March. So no, he's not the reason for this particular season. The early Christian church needed to appeal to the pagans of the era, who were big on winter solstice celebrations. Thus, Christmas was scheduled for December 25th.

I continue to be surprised at how little modern day Christians know about the history of Christianity.
Level: 70

Image
Top

Starlarose
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Starlarose » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:22 am

Zieroh wrote:
Starlarose wrote:After all, Jesus is the reason for the season.


Jesus was born in March. So no, he's not the reason for this particular season. The early Christian church needed to appeal to the pagans of the era, who were big on winter solstice celebrations. Thus, Christmas was scheduled for December 25th.

I continue to be surprised at how little modern day Christians know about the history of Christianity.


I did not say it was His birthday. Of course I know He was not born in December. I said Jesus is the reason for the season.
It is a time of year that as a Christian I remember and celebrate the greatest gift ever given to mankind. The gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Given to us by our creator, His Father.
You did not tell me anything I did not already know. I have read different dates given for when He was actually born.
You do not have to agree with me. You can celebrate Santa Claus and reindeer if you want. But as for me I stand by my original statement.
Now, back to the game....
Top

User avatar
Tier 8
Zieroh
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Zieroh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 am

Ah yes, faith. The persistent belief in something without any basis in fact.

But you're celebrating a holiday borrowed almost entirely from pagans and filled with pagan iconography. And somehow pretending that Jesus had something to do with it. "The reason for the season" has got to be one of the most misguided things ever uttered by modern Christians.

I hope at least you don't have a Christmas tree in your house.
Last edited by Zieroh on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 70

Image
Top

Starlarose
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 am

Re: Miracles versus Magic - An Apology

Postby Starlarose » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:36 am

Zieroh wrote:Ah yes, faith. The persistent belief in something without any basis in fact.

I hope you don't have a Christmas tree in your house.


Lots of facts actually. This is not the place to have this discussion though.
Last edited by Starlarose on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”