Other Islands

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
PBqueen

Other Islands

Postby PBqueen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi,
I wanted to ask if any one can explain the islands on the Map. i have a secret passage map.
I can pick from:
1. Relic Ruins
2. Stepping Stairs Islset
3. Great Crate Islet.
What can you get from them?

Thanks for your input in afvacne.
Happy New Year!
di :D

Tier 16
Ely321

Re: Other Islands

Postby Ely321 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:33 pm

1. Relic Island-you collect pieces of relics(decorations) by using axes/hammers/clippers on the trees etc on the island. sometimes you get a piece of relic sometimes you don't. takes time to get through and get all the pieces of the relics before you can bring it back to your island to display. you don't get items as you would at the other islands to sell or purchase to fill orders.
2 & 3. you trade parts of "required items for upgrading" from your treehouse(I think it is) for other pieces of "required items for upgrade". you would need both islands to trade all four items around. for example, one plank will get you four boxes, two boxes gets you one of the next item in line and around it goes. if you trade all the way around, you do lose one item for a full turn around.

what other islands are you still to get? or are these the last ones to pick from?
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 am

Relic Island

There are also caves to blow, so you'll also need dynamite

The first artifact you'll get

End product of, he goes on bended knee when you touch him
Once you have completed artifacts, you can get gold, silver and iron ore from caves and removing trees, shrubs, and boulders. At times just gold coin or xp. Lots of wild life to tap.

Stepping Stairs:

Example of parts trading, third slot varies for players

Pocket watch when you reach level 5

Great crate:

Example of trade, also third slot differs for players

The merry-go-round you get for level 5, really cute.
The crab spins the seagulls around

Ely321 explained all three well. Just thought I'd give you some visuals.
Hope you have enough to make a decision
If you have anymore questions, please ask. :P
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:39 am

great pics kitty. i was away from my ipad at work and wouldn't know how to do pics even if i had it. :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:25 am

I doubt I will ever use the Stepping Stairs island, as I always am needing more crates. I would never trade crates for anything else. Once I got past the first few expansions, The rate at which the different expansion parts are generated and needed seems always to mean I have oodles of paddles and stairs, enough stilts, and am waiting on crates. I don't see why or when anyone would give up any stilts or crates for the items that are already surplus.

I think two islands for the treehouse parts is kind of dumb and especially odd that the designers don't recognize the relative value of the different parts. The second island should gave been for the windmill, imo.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:13 pm

they have plans for two more islands to cover the same idea for the windmill parts. just waiting for them to put out to the public.

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi BethM,
Crate Island is great for getting those crates for the Treehouse.
That is why I posted some pics, it is a bit complicated to explain the trading. You really do need to think it out and check your inventory of parts.
Thanks Ely321, for the compliment. I find visuals are helpful in making decisions. Mauimonkey's instructions were most helpful with her visuals, along with outside help, to post the screenshots. :P
Last edited by Kittykatz on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shianyee84

Postby Shianyee84 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Both the islands for treehouse storage complements each other. Ie. you trade crates for stilts, and stilts for stairs, stairs for paddle, and paddle for crates. So if you want crates, but have a lot of stairs or paddle, you should choose crate island.

As for the 3rd slot on both islands, once you reached level 5 relationship, you can exchange the paddle/stairs/stilts/crates for items like pearls, black powder, random pet sticker chest, etc. This 3rd slot can be deleted and the offer is randomised, something like the second slot at ghost island.

Hope that explains.

As for relic ruins, it doesn't just gives you decor items. After completing all relic items, when you continue to use your tools there, occasionally you can find items like pet stickers, storage upgrade items (both treehouse and windmill), iron/silver/gold, and of course gold coins and Xp points. Although many have said the gold and xp gains for the use of tools here are not that high, they do sometime have high returns gold and xp. Me personally, I uses tools all the time on the relic ruins island, plus there are a lot of wildlife points you can collect here.
GC id: Angeline_195
Level 65
Working on: Relationships with islanders
Device: iPad mini 3
Singapore

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 am

For me, the relic ruins payoffs are way too low. About 9 times out of 10 I get 20 some coins - way less than the 200 i could have earned selling the clearing tool in the World Market. The rare bigger payoff is still sometimes less than 200. I don't think I have ever gotten a pet sticker, usually just something like 23 or 187 gold coins and some stars. I do play to complete the relics (though haven't liked any of them enough to make space for them on my island). Beyond that, it is mostly just a way to get rid of tools.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 am

Kittykatz wrote:Hi BethM,
Crate Island is great for getting those crates for the Treehouse.
That is why I posted some pics, it is a bit complicated to explain the trading. You really do need to think it out and check your inventory of parts:P

I only use the crate island. It is the other one that makes no sense. After the first few expansions, the crates and stilts are always the last ones players wait on for their next expansion. Meanwhile I already hold enough stairs for at least 5 more expansions. Why would I ever want to give up crates or stilts for the other parts which I already hold in abundance? That's why I said the designers really have no clue if they value these items as equal.

IMO wasting 4 islands on this circular part trading nonsense is dumb. They should have simply traded up in one direction in order of demand - stairs to paddles, paddles to stilts, stilts to crates. Trading crates for anything else would be like trading the gold map piece for a green one.

The map chart isn't that big and they are using up islands for some pretty Lame and mundane concepts.
Last edited by BethM on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”