Another Island Workshop

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
sweetp1019

Another Island Workshop

Postby sweetp1019 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:55 am

You added another sloth, but how about another Island workshop? It sure would help!

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Another Island Workshop

Postby BethM » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Good idea. As players move up levels, we can get more and more turtles and otters and moles and sloths, but still only the two original workshops to support them all. This is one of the reasons I pretty much ignore or delete any orders wanting sushi. It is just a painful lot of work for too little payoff.

Another weaver would also be useful because it's items are needed to produce so many other things.

Another tiki bar would be useful too.

If I had to choose, though, I think I'd go with a second blacksmith, because some of those items have pretty long production times.

Any of these are vastly more needed that the second grill. That one really made no sense.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
HighlyEffective

Postby HighlyEffective » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Totally agree. One of the reason I did not even consider to buy the limited otter and the painted turtle is the lack of workshop. They both looks nice, but not useful at all. If I produce glass or fish 2 out of 6 of the animals are standing idle, because it takes more time to make the net or the basket then they finish their job. :(
GC ID: *HighlyEffective*
Lvl: 75

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 pm

This topic was visited once before. The fear became that, if we had more workshops, boat orders would become twice as demanding. Leaving us feeling like this;

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 2
HighlyEffective

Postby HighlyEffective » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am

Why is that fear? Can you elaborate? Most boat orders are already impossible to make unless you stock up, so how can they be even more demanding? And how is that relate to the number of island workshops?
If King wants us to spend diamonds on the cute working animals they must provide a use of them. I know that some buy them as they are colorful and cute or because they are just limited time offer and just store a regular one away. But I guess I am not just the only one who look beyond that and want to make a use of those cuties. :)
GC ID: *HighlyEffective*
Lvl: 75

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 pm

I don't know why for sure. I can't speak for those who voiced it, but can understand that sometimes when the boss gives you another coffee machine, he expects you to crank out double the amount. ;)

The thread did start with wanting another tiki bar, I believe.
I did get the second grill, and personally have found it most useful while not getting any crazy demands for grilled products...knock on wood! :D
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:20 am

The fear is that instead of the boats wanting 5 of everything they will want 10 of everything.
The biggest problem is that the orders have gotten out of hand. Probably because the devs expect that we are all stacking our mills.
Some of the boat orders cannot be filled unless half of the items are already pre-made. There is not enough time to make 5 of some of the items. Even 2 of the shark cages cannot be made in time with a 14 hour boat order. Unless you just happen to have 6 -12 iron bars in your storage and nothing already in the dive shop. Plus you have to be real fast at starting the order.
With more mills to do the work the devs will I increase the requests.
Even when you stock up on things and stack, Tradefest comes along and wipes it all out.
So with more mills they will just give us more to make and the extra mills will take up precious space on our islands.
But, I have a solution. If you really want more mills to help with orders then start a second game. I did and it does help at times.

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 am

Now that's one smart puppy! :D

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:42 am

Kittykatz wrote:Now that's one smart puppy! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He looks like my little Buddy dog.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny...

Lisatigg

Postby Lisatigg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 am

I got the otter, i have 3 for glass, 3 for seaweed and now 1 for shells... same with turtles, 3 fish, 3 shrimp, and 1 crab...

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”