World Market

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Arflain

World Market

Postby Arflain » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 am

I don't know what everyone else sees on the World Market, but for more than two weeks all I have been getting are flowered shirts, bananas, bouquets, roses and sushi. Almost every ad I look at has most of the items already purchased. I wait until the new ads appear and if I see something I need, I click on it only to get the post daying it couldn't be completed.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Tier 16
BethM

Re: World Market

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:02 am

I have noticed the surfeit of purple shirts and roses and generally a somewhat more limited range of commodities the past couple weeks.

I have also noticed more sellers than usual with only one or two items remaining (usually roses and purple shirts and dyes). Maybe Wesley needs to be a little quicker about clearing old stuff out.

There has always been an issue with the curves circling each other for awhile before saying the item is already sold, but I think that is just the reality of millions of players and servers talking to servers. I recall someone suggesting once that if it takes more than a couple seconds, the game should just sell it to you whether it is really there or not. Wasn't my idea but it makes sense; it's not like anyone ever has to deliver actual stuff.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Declaired2

Postby Declaired2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:17 pm

If you are connected to Facebook, disconnect to view the world market. If you have 'friended' a lot of islands cut it back to just two or three. That way you'll get a better mix of offerings from different people.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:13 pm

I don't connect to Facebook. I keep only 7 friends from the WM. I usually see maybe 3 or 4 of them, but mostly random players.

One thing I have noticed when I visit random player from the WM, is they are nearly always level 60 or above, usually 64 or 65 (my level). I used to see more players at the lower and middle levels. I miss those lower level players, because they seemed to sell a lot of coconuts. They have the trees but not yet all the mills that consume the coconuts. Also, sometimes all I want is rope or string or boards or cloth, and they are good for that too.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 pm

It seems those splendid bouquet of roses is becoming the next golden rings. :o
Seems the roses should have come before ring. :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 pm

BethM wrote:I don't connect to Facebook. I keep only 7 friends from the WM. I usually see maybe 3 or 4 of them, but mostly random players.

One thing I have noticed when I visit random player from the WM, is they are nearly always level 60 or above, usually 64 or 65 (my level). I used to see more players at the lower and middle levels. I miss those lower level players, because they seemed to sell a lot of coconuts. They have the trees but not yet all the mills that consume the coconuts. Also, sometimes all I want is rope or string or boards or cloth, and they are good for that too.

I could be wrong but I think that PB groups us based on our current levels. that way a newbie doesn't see all items in WM that they can't buy as they are not at a high enough level? And we don't only see items that newbies can make/sell. imo
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 pm

I suspected they did that. I guess it improves my chances of finding items from the last couple mills, but I think a mix is needed.

Declaired2

Postby Declaired2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Ely321 wrote:
BethM wrote:I could be wrong but I think that PB groups us based on our current levels. that way a newbie doesn't see all items in WM that they can't buy as they are not at a high enough level? And we don't only see items that newbies can make/sell. imo

I'm level 47 and I see people from all levels. The majority of players seem to be in the 60+/- range. I think it's more about the age of the game and not as many people starting new games.
PB needs some marketing to bring new people in.

Tier 8
Zieroh

Postby Zieroh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 am

My WM is mostly overrun with flashlights and thermoses. Oh, and chewing gum. Lots and lots of chewing gum.
Level: 70

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:22 am

:lol: [quote="Zieroh"]My WM is mostly overrun with flashlights and thermoses. Oh, and chewing gum. Lots and lots of chewing gum.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”