Gold rings and telescopes

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 3
Roo

Gold rings and telescopes

Postby Roo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 am

Someone posted that all they are getting from Carl is rings and spy glasses. All I'm getting is iron ore silver and gold ore with an occasional seashell There are no gold rings or spy glasses in my market to buy. I am selling the ore like I used to sell those and they go quick. Problem is I have to make them from raw materials again. Weird.
Roo McBoingboing
Level 80
New Jersey USA

Tier 8
Zieroh

Re: Gold rings and telescopes

Postby Zieroh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:33 am

What's wrong with making stuff?

And why sell the ore? It's more valuable if you make something out of it.
Level: 70

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:17 am

Roo wrote:Someone posted that all they are getting from Carl is rings and spy glasses. All I'm getting is iron ore silver and gold ore with an occasional seashell There are no gold rings or spy glasses in my market to buy. I am selling the ore like I used to sell those and they go quick. Problem is I have to make them from raw materials again. Weird.

Do you have the recipe to make skeleton keys?
Those are a hot commodity in the market and will help boost your blacksmith mill.
You can put them to make at night so you don't tie up your mill during the day.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 3
Roo

Postby Roo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Yes, making all I can. Gold rings, iron bars, jewelry and telescopes. (!) There is still more than I can use.
Roo McBoingboing
Level 80
New Jersey USA

Tier 6
chumrovin

Postby chumrovin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Roo wrote:Yes, making all I can. Gold rings, iron bars, jewelry and telescopes. (!) There is still more than I can use.

Music boxes are a good one, they use some of every ore. I stack those up before bed, and they sell immediately. I much prefer getting ore over pre-made items, but I agree, it's strange actually MAKING a gold ring :lol:

Its not the ore from the island that's killing me, its this gold digging to complete the book of secrets treasure that's destroying my storage!
Level 62
Android - Samsung Galaxy s7
No fb, etc (by choice)
Playing solo since November 2015
Location- WI, USA (central time)

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm

chumrovin wrote:
Roo wrote:Yes, making all I can. Gold rings, iron bars, jewelry and telescopes. (!) There is still more than I can use.

Music boxes are a good one, they use some of every ore. I stack those up before bed, and they sell immediately. I much prefer getting ore over pre-made items, but I agree, it's strange actually MAKING a gold ring :lol:

Its not the ore from the island that's killing me, its this gold digging to complete the book of secrets treasure that's destroying my storage!

It takes about 20 gold ore, so you will find it soon Chumy :D I was joking on other post that as a prize we get 10 panther stickers and 20 gold ore :D ;)
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:13 pm

I don't remember exactly when the gold and sliver ore were added to Carl's. Did an update happen in order for it to come into play and is it possible some have that update and others not? I know that sometimes my game updates automatically and sometimes I have to go to the playstore and physically update it. Not everyone participates or reads the forums and may not be aware of the update.

On the other hand, I do still get gold rings from Carl's from the second slot and the daily chest. Sometimes I have more than I need and sometimes I have to make them or look for them on WM, more the spyglasses than the gold rings. I stack my mills so I've started adding the spyglass again to my stack. Haven't had to do that with the Gold Rings yet.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Tier 6
chumrovin

Postby chumrovin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Scubakat wrote:I don't remember exactly when the gold and sliver ore were added to Carl's. Did an update happen in order for it to come into play and is it possible some have that update and others not? I know that sometimes my game updates automatically and sometimes I have to go to the playstore and physically update it. Not everyone participates or reads the forums and may not be aware of the update.

I remember Piipou responding, went back and found his answer. Not sure if it was update related or not, however.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27180&p=308602#p308602
Level 62
Android - Samsung Galaxy s7
No fb, etc (by choice)
Playing solo since November 2015
Location- WI, USA (central time)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”