Believe me...I REALLY tried not to post this!

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 12
Livinez

Believe me...I REALLY tried not to post this!

Postby Livinez » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Hey Hartman! :) I've always considered us to be on friendly Forum terms so I hope you don't mind me asking...
Who are the "some" you are referring to in your signature??

I should probably just ignore it and not give it any energy but your signature is in every one of your posts and the big bold red text makes it kinda difficult to dismiss. I'm surprised at you. I wouldn't have pegged you as the passive-aggressive cloak in dagger type. HOWEVER a person achieves what they achieve in this game [as long as it doesn't involve hacking] it is STILL an ACHIEVEMENT!!! Who are we to try to take that away from them!?! If a person has made enough money in RL to pay all their bills, take care of their families and still afford to spend money on an app...that alone makes them a winner in my book! Many of us here purchase or have purchased gems! So what? Have you NEVER purchased gems? And what DO YOU consider to be a large quantity of gems???? I can barely afford to pay my bills these days, let alone purchase large quantities of anything! :lol:
So although I don't qualify, it still bothers me to see. And who decides who's a Champion or not? Everyone here who sets a goal for themselves and achieves it is a champion in my book? Yes...you are entitled to express your opinions! But really, what are you hoping to accomplish by it? if you're going to "call someone out" for something, just do it!!!
Besides...I have read many times on this Forum where people have said they've purchased the $19-79.99 special gem offers and yet those same people have not achieved what some others have achieved in the game; proving that the purchase of gems is not a guarantee of success. And how do you KNOW that this person who you obviously consider to be a Champion [in order to make such a claim] has made the purchase of these large quantities of gems? You can't and don't know! Therefore your statement is not only speculative and erroneous but unsportsmanlike and just plan not nice! :cry:
Not cool Hart, not cool. 8-)
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Monkasunshine

Re: Believe me...I REALLY tried not to post this!

Postby Monkasunshine » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Call me an optimist, but I was reading it at as the sort of tongue in cheek comment one would make while nudging the target with an elbow...reminding them of a long established difference in opinion. The kind of remark that is catty if directed at a stranger, but jesting with a friend.

I could be wrong, I suppose, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if "some people" know exactly who they are and stick their tongues out at him every time they read it. :p

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Monkasunshine wrote:Call me an optimist, but I was reading it at as the sort of tongue in cheek comment one would make while nudging the target with an elbow...reminding them of a long established difference in opinion. The kind of remark that is catty if directed at a stranger, but jesting with a friend.

I could be wrong, I suppose, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if "some people" know exactly who they are and stick their tongues out at him every time they read it. :p

You may be right. I saw someone going back and forth with this the other day but I couldn't tell if they were being catty or serious. ;)
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Tier 7
Koalia

Postby Koalia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Scubakat wrote:
Monkasunshine wrote:Call me an optimist, but I was reading it at as the sort of tongue in cheek comment one would make while nudging the target with an elbow...reminding them of a long established difference in opinion. The kind of remark that is catty if directed at a stranger, but jesting with a friend.

You may be right. I saw someone going back and forth with this the other day but I couldn't tell if they were being catty or serious. ;)

Is this the thread you are referring to? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28013 .... I got that same 'are they or aren't they' impression :lol:
Level 75

you got me singing ♥

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Koalia wrote:
Is this the thread you are referring to? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28013 .... I got that same 'are they or aren't they' impression :lol:

Yep, that's it.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 am

I think Hartman just gets grumpy sometimes.
He once told me it was because he was thinking about poor young Finn eating some 6 month old seaweed stew. :roll:
All in tongue and cheek.
After all, if it weren't for those players who buy stuff, these types of games would disappear.
At the least, they wouldn't continue to improve.
Since we are not competing against each other, it does not take anything away from anybody.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 am

I think the issue is that sometimes these "look at me I was the first to accomplish X" posts look a lot like bragging or showing off, so I can see where some people are put off by them.

While I do get a whif of that, I also find the ones with the level by level screenshots to be really helpful, and I suspect the desire to help and to share the information probably was the real motivation, rather than showing off.
Last edited by BethM on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:30 am

And I do not think he is reffering to Livinez at all
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 am

I get what you guys are saying. I just read that thread. I see there was a direct accusation toward a specific individual in which that individual was able to [and did] respond. So IF mere jest, why take it any further?! Again, everyone has a right to voice their opinions; but at the point you add it to your signature
in such a way

it becomes nothing less than a smear campaign! Really my main issue with the signature is its obscurity!
1. "Champion" - Who says or determines this?
2. "Large quantity of gems" - How many gems qualify as a large quantity and who determines this?
3. "Some we know" - How do you "know"? Did they tell you exactly how many gems they've purchased recently? Did you hack their credit card account and see this yourself?
4. And what's the end game - To make others who may want to be like these supposed "champions" to purchase large quantities of gems themselves? Or is this an attempt to cause people to lose respect for anyone who achieves anything in this game because of the assumption that in order to do so you have to spend lots of money?
Like I said in my OP, however someone [anyone] legally achieves something in this game, it is no less an achievement. If you really want to know how someone achieved something 'so fast' or at all; ask them. If they reply, (whether you believe their response or not) without proof to the contrary you MUST concede.
Look...I'm pretty sure it wasn't directed at me but still...I'm bothered by what it implies. It's presumptuous and catty to think that just because someone has done something you haven't that you FOR SURE KNOW how they did it. You can suspect...but never REALLY KNOW!!!
As far as anything I've accomplished or posted during this recent event; I'm telling the ABSOLUTE truth when it was done WITHOUT the use of large quantities of gems [again...what's a large quantity]!!! Did I use gems, definitely! To speed things up DEFINITELY NOT!!! I had about 80 something already and spent $4.99 for enough gems to purchase [and when the time comes] replace my FF bushes. The rest can be attributed to having two accounts (so double everything) and time and effort. Not that I owe anyone anything but this is the EXACT reason I started posting my achievements on this Forum in the first place...to give hope to people who felt this game was unplayable without purchasing large quantities of gems. My kids play Xbox One Multiplayer games. They said there's a word in the Gaming Community for the way I play, it's called "No Lifing It". Although it sounds pretty sad and pathetic, I'm afraid I have to own it. :geek: Well there you have it! The secret to MY success anyway. And in case you don't believe me, here's my Ipad/IPhone Battery Meters to tell the tale. :lol:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 6
chumrovin

Postby chumrovin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:55 am

I don't think anyone is motivated by getting approval from other forum members. I personally love, applaud and refer back to people when they get through an event quickly and help everyone else by posting a tutorial.

That being said, I now declare myself champion of Lilbubbleblast for posting this before she could (sorry, trying to lighten the mood)

Level 62
Android - Samsung Galaxy s7
No fb, etc (by choice)
Playing solo since November 2015
Location- WI, USA (central time)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”