Honest feelings...

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Shianyee84

Honest feelings...

Postby Shianyee84 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 am

Not a rant. Honestly, I love the game. So many activities to keep me occupied. Mills and mills to fill, trade post orders, boats, friendship boats, and now dives. It's great!

But I'm kinda sick of looking at the loading screen. Can the Developers please look into speeding up the loading? I swear, the loading screen takes at least 25% of my play time! And the game occasionally crashes. Now with dives to help, I'm practically living on the loading screen.

Sure it's beautiful, and to make it less boring, the screen gets changed quite often too. So I don't see the same picture all the time.

But I honestly just want to play without loading and loading all the time. When I visit the outer islands... is loading, when I visit friends it's loading, when the game crashes I need to reload...

I would really want more quality time spent on game, rather than the loading screen please.
It's getting so boring to just wait, I'd rather spend the time watching something else, but then again, I'm worried my dives need to be collected and re-started, or boats timer going to end, so it's back to the loading screen..
GC id: Angeline_195
Level 65
Working on: Relationships with islanders
Device: iPad mini 3
Singapore

Tier 3
Nefertamara

Re: Honest feelings...

Postby Nefertamara » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:18 am

The loading screen time is how long it takes the fancy graphics for this game to load on to each users device. Some people have faster, some slower, based on device being used and how much stuff you have on your islands. If you want less graphics, less spinning mills, less animated pets etc you can have a shorter loading screen time. Which would you prefer?
Maxed out everwhere, Just sitting around piling up money waiting for new levels!

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 am

I also beleive it is about device you are playing on. And/or the net connection speed.
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

PiratePearl75

Postby PiratePearl75 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:28 pm

I agree with your frustration about the loading screen!
Between the Friendship and dives, I am visiting other islands much more than usual.
With multiple friends diving, I'd rather "stack" shortest to longest dive times, and check out new islands from my market (I have 10 friends- avoiding Facebook), but those loading screens take sooooo long.
At this point I compare 2-3 dives (at the most) and it still gets old.
But I do love my graphics!

Shianyee84

Postby Shianyee84 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Well, if it's sacrificing some of the graphics for faster or less loading screens, I think I'm frustrated enough with the loading screen to agree wiTh it.

And honestly, after watching once or twice of the animation in the beginning, I barely have time nowadays to even look at the mills spinning or whatever. It's just loading goods for production, collect goods, fill orders, join dives, harvest crops and trees, feed the pets, tap wildlifes and more loading screens.

Most of the time I jump straight from loading screen to loading screen, first is loading my island, then loading friend's island to join dives. And when such a special dive is going on and I have around 20 active friends, well, u know what I mean. I could not join any dive, but then I'll be losing out on those goodies for helping. :roll:

True dilemma of the game... :? Oh well, back to more loading screens now...
GC id: Angeline_195
Level 65
Working on: Relationships with islanders
Device: iPad mini 3
Singapore

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm

We do spend a lot of time drying those sails.

However, remember the days of DSL?
You had time to go make coffee, drink it, get dressed, make the bed.....well, you get the point right? :lol:
In time, I'm sure it will get faster, everything seems to these days.....except for me. :D
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Kittykatz wrote:I'm sure it will get faster, everything seems to these days.....except for me. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would make it a lot nicer if you could access the WM from anyone's island at least. That way when searching for a dive on the WM you wouldn't have to go back to your home island and go back into the WM again.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:12 pm

I think it's more of the matter of connecting to their servers. Very little of the game is stored on your device, and none of your "friends" islands are stored on your device. When you go to your island (at first), or visit another island, you are connecting to the PB server, then accessing the graphic and setup information for that particular island, be it your or a friends. Depending on network traffic, server availability, among other things, the time it takes to get all of that information will vary.

You probably notice that when you visit some friends islands it take very little time (server not busy), but go to another friends island and it takes forever (server busy). It all depends on how much activity there is between you and the requested server. (There are obviously multiple servers hosting people's islands)

In the "old days", the games were loaded on your device and you played them. No lag, no delays, no interaction with others. Today's "video" games are just connections to game servers based in some corner of the world and these servers house most of the information, both data and graphics, and that has many advantages, esp when you change devices, or lose your data. However, to get these advantages, along with group play and the ability to play with people all around the globe, you have the delay deal.

That's why everytime you return to your island, it still can take a lot of time, even if you were just there. You are actually reconnecting to the serer, again....

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Nefertamara wrote:The loading screen time is how long it takes the fancy graphics for this game to load on to each users device. Some people have faster, some slower, based on device being used and how much stuff you have on your islands. If you want less graphics, less spinning mills, less animated pets etc you can have a shorter loading screen time. Which would you prefer?

Actually, I think some people would be willing to part with some of the fancy graphics if it meant faster loading and fewer crashes. I have long thought the player settings should have a "minimum animations" option (probably one of those "this change will not take effect until you restart the game" things.). The rate at which they are adding to this game, that may shortly be the only way some people would be able to continue playing.

Yes, the pet animations are amusing when you first see them, but I really do not need to wait thru the song and dance every blessed time I feed them and I really don't need the routine they do when accidentally awakened while swiping across the screen. Some of the animations are needed for game play, like the ability to tell a crop is ready to harvest, when a mill is in use or an animal is ready to be fed, but I think a lot of them could be tightened up with no great loss.
Last edited by BethM on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:54 pm

BethM wrote:Yes, the pet animations are amusing when you first see them, but I really do not need to wait thru the song and dance every blessed time I feed them....

:lol: :lol: You do not have to wait, just tap them twice :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”