We need a 2nd step to confirm gem spend

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
RandomCupcake

We need a 2nd step to confirm gem spend

Postby RandomCupcake » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:55 am

Ffs. I just accidentally blew away 26 gems to rush a stupid magnolia tree. It is really irritating how easy it is to do this!! There really needs to be a 2nd, confirmation step for all gem transactions in this game!

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time it's happened to me either. I've gotta have wasted 100 gems in this way so far - the plants/trees are killers. I don't purchase gems IRL, I squirrel them away for times of need, so it has a big impact on my gameplay time-wise. Similarly, I'm sure anyone who does purchase gems would share in my frustration, as it is then a waste of actual money!

It's just so annoying :( It's impossible to always be so careful. A second, confirmation step may have allowed me to stop it from happening. :/
Level 75
Playing since July 2016
No in-app purchases
No sister-islands
Yes I probably do play too much! :)

Live and let live ❤

LilBubbleBlast

Re: We need a 2nd step to confirm gem spend

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Oh yes, I do believe that an, "Are you sure?" confirmation button needs to pop up before gem use, whether by accident or on purpose.
I vote YES.
Just so you know, do not tap the screen on your tablet in order to make the screen load faster. The game is active under that loading screen and I have goofed by accidentally spending gems that way! So sorry for your loss of gems. 8-)

Tier 2
RandomCupcake

Postby RandomCupcake » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm

LilBubbleBlast wrote:Oh yes, I do believe that an, "Are you sure?" confirmation button needs to pop up before gem use, whether by accident or on purpose.
I vote YES.
Just so you know, do not tap the screen on your tablet in order to make the screen load faster. The game is active under that loading screen and I have goofed by accidentally spending gems that way! So sorry for your loss of gems. 8-)

Hahaha yeah, I do that sometimes and freak out as soon as I hear the game load but the screen hasn't refreshed yet! :lol:
Level 75
Playing since July 2016
No in-app purchases
No sister-islands
Yes I probably do play too much! :)

Live and let live ❤

Tier 3
beccam47

Postby beccam47 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 pm

I vote yes, I have accidentally spent gems on the trees when I tap on it to see how much time is left and I tap to get off the tree I have hit rush and really didn't mean to so again yes yes yes.
Level 75
Fb: Rebecca Moore
Island name: Rebecca Moore
Android

Redwing60

Postby Redwing60 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm

I raised the issue last July when I lost over 300gems in this manner and submitted a ticket to try and get them back all to no avail. I have tried to be a bit more careful but guess what? I lost another 300 a couple of weeks ago by a second's loss of concentration. I totally agree but am not sure anyone is listening.

Tier 2
MyrnaKuki

Postby MyrnaKuki » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:05 pm

I totally agree that a confirmation to spend gems is sorely needed. I've tried to sabre my gems to 100 and haven't gotten past 50 by accidentally spending them. Sometimes I must have spent them without even realizing I had done so.
I hope they fix this very soon! :roll:

Tier 3
Lizabeth

Postby Lizabeth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Yes, yes, yes, --- a thousand times yes!!!

Tier 2
jenf

Postby jenf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:17 am

This needs to be a thing, especially since it potentially involves the spending of real life money. Good thing I don't plan to anytime soon, but I still have accidentally clicked Rush all the same and wasted all the gems I've worked at a snail's pace to save up. ><

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 am

jenf wrote:This needs to be a thing, especially since it potentially involves the spending of real life money. Good thing I don't plan to anytime soon, but I still have accidentally clicked Rush all the same and wasted all the gems I've worked at a snail's pace to save up. ><

HiYa Jen, I sent you a PM regarding Tradefest, since this is your first. Happy to help you, as are many people in this forum! Happy Trading 8-)

Tier 2
Allegra

Postby Allegra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:48 am

RandomCupcake wrote:Ffs. I just accidentally blew away 26 gems to rush a stupid magnolia tree. It is really irritating how easy it is to do this!! There really needs to be a 2nd, confirmation step for all gem transactions in this game!

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time it's happened to me either. I've gotta have wasted 100 gems in this way so far - the plants/trees are killers. I don't purchase gems IRL, I squirrel them away for times of need, so it has a big impact on my gameplay time-wise. Similarly, I'm sure anyone who does purchase gems would share in my frustration, as it is then a waste of actual money!

It's just so annoying :( It's impossible to always be so careful. A second, confirmation step may have allowed me to stop it from happening. :/

I so agree. In fact today I lost 700 gems while opening the my inventory tree house--I had zero intention on increasing storage but I did accidentally; I had time to look at what happened my finger was on the button yet I did press yet it somehow registered has me tapping it--I was still, am so frustrated. Just like you this is not the first time it happens but definitely the first in terms of large gems/money lost.
Should I report it or it will be considered as lazy fingers and my request will be denied?
Level 65

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”