Bonus rounds

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
Lutka48

Re: Bonus rounds

Postby Lutka48 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 pm

zingman wrote:I really don't think they intended anyone to get Shelly in this Tradefest.

Shelly isn't going away, though at current reported trends it may take a very long time (if ever) for the "average" player to get it. The "average" player being of course someone who manages to complete 5-6 bonus tiers tops., in which case said player will likely earn 1-2 Shelly stickers per Tradefest and it would take them a year (if not more) to obtain it -- and that seems a little (ok a lot) long to me.

Now if you assume that the odds are even (25% per item - i don't think they are), then the odds of getting a sticker (of any kind) actually improved with this Tradefest. Whereas previously it was a one-in-three (33%) shot at getting a random sticker, the odds are now 50-50 (25% Shelly + 25% other).

Lastly of course for max level players getting map pieces is frustrating, but that doesn't mean that they're worthless for everyone. Sure almost everyone would rather have stickers, but for a lower level player they could use that to unlock the next island, or run the next adventure ship.

The one thing I never, ever, want to see again in bonus tiers is tools.

I think the odds are even smaller
6 bonus rounds so far and still no Shelly's sticker

2 times 3 scraps of paper
2 times prestige
2 hedgehog stickers

I am very disappointed
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am

Kitty, did you name your hedgie Harriet? i get the impression this is supposed to be the boy and a girl is coming later(labeled the brown hedgie compared to this orange one)? at least from what i understand of french on pipou's site(i know PB is playing with him/her some so that may change as well) :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:23 am

Oh oh, I know how to check on cats whether they are boys or girls, but not hedgehogs. :oops:
I don't have her\him yet,, and thought maybe giving it a name might help motivate me.
I always thought the pets were gender neutral until we determined what sex they were.

In light of this news though, and that there will be another making a couple......

Maybe Harold and Harriet Hedgehog, will be dubbed. :P
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:55 am

that's just by my reading of "the site". unofficial. so i am just suspicious without confirmation as of yet. and who knows if they will go through with it or when, too?
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 2
POOKALOKI

Postby POOKALOKI » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 am

I have completed 2 bonus rounds. Got prestige both times. They are useless to me unless they come up with a way to use them. I have the campfire and the boat already. I was hoping for better prizes. :(
Level 80.

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:24 am

I know we should just be [and I am] happy we have BTs, but I'm just saying...500 Hearts is A LOT of work for Map pieces that we get thrown at us just about everywhere in the game!!! If they insist on including Maps in BTs they need to lower it to 250-300 hearts per BT! Again, I'm happy we have BTs so we are able to earn the stickers they took from our boats. I guess they could have thrown all of those Silver Pets into Pet Sanctuary Chests and make us pay for them. (Well if I look at it that way? :roll: )

@Kitty - I sincerely hope your power is restored and you at least get the hedgehog. It is one of more adorable pets. :P

To everyone working on BTs; keep at it!!! Can't quite figure out the math (probability of stickers vs the other stuff) but there is a "chance" of getting Shelly stickers so there is hope! I've done 8 tiers so far and have 2 Shelly's to show for it! Although I may not get many more, the only way to be sure is to do all 43!!!!
I'll keep you posted! ;)

Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 6
Zobyn

Postby Zobyn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:49 am

It's a total disappointment to get maps at my level. They're just something to sell for coin that I don't need. I doubt I need the Prestige at this point either.

It's obvious the game knows our level by the trade demands. ( I know no one on level 25 is being asked for 5 vanilla smoothies or 4 cowbells ) Why can't they better adapt the bonus rewards to where we're at in the game? Or maybe they can but choose to drag the game out. That's more likely IMO.

More stickers please.
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 am

These bonus rounds are long and drawn out. They are much more difficult than the regular rounds. I have never been able to finish even half of them.
I will plug a way for the weekend. But then it is back to work and very little time for more bonus rounds for me.
I doubt that I will be able to put in the time required for all 43 bonus tiers. So, no Shelly for me.
Congratulations to anyone who is able to get the stickers needed for Shelly.

jdyoder

Postby jdyoder » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:22 pm

It's pretty disappointing to get prestige points as a reward when you don't have anything you can use them on. Nothing new has been introduced for a long time. Don't really have a big need for maps either. Would be more enjoyable if the rewards we're more geared to what you need.

Tier 2
AlohaGirl

Postby AlohaGirl » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Ely321 wrote:Mathmatically, it will be very chancy that someone can get both of them so don't feel bad.

there are total 50 levels (7 regular & 43 bonus) from what I understand
the offers on the bonus tiers are 33% chance either prestige or maps or sticker
of the stickers, you have a wide variety they may choose to give you
so if you got exactly 1/3 of the bonus rounds stickers you would get 14-15 stickers and not all of them would be Shelly so you would have to have horseshoes up your butt to get 15 that were all Shelly in order to get the second pet. but we can all get part way there :D

just my thoughts-keep playing though, maybe you will be that one person? if so, please see the doctor as it may be hard for you to sit down :lol: :lol:

OMG horseshoes up your butt,! Nearly knocked me off my chair! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BonnieAnne
Level 61

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”