Bonus rounds

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: Bonus rounds

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Since the most bonus rounds I've ever completed was 9, Shelly will remain will remain a shut in. :(
If every bonus round offered a sticker, maybe there could be a "horse shoe's" chance of getting her. :lol: :lol: (thanks for the imagery Ely ) :P
Shelly, I'm so sad, it's not meant to be, too many odds against us.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 3
maggieo

Postby maggieo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Starlarose wrote:Hmmm, since it seems like such a long shot....
I am sensing a promo to help with Shelly stickers. They gotta keep the lights on after all. And why introduce a pet that mathematically is almost impossible to get?
I see a special offer coming....

This is what I think, too. :)
Game ID - Margaret
Level 76
Secondary Island - MaggieO
Level 21

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:54 pm

maggieo wrote:
I am sensing a promo to help with Shelly stickers. They gotta keep the lights on after all. And why introduce a pet that mathematically is almost impossible to get?

I've heard rumor of a coming special event eta end of month but for what? :lol:
would be nice if we got an official heads up? of course, maybe they just haven't finalized the date/details yet either ;)
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Ely321 wrote:
maggieo wrote:

I've heard rumor of a coming special event eta end of month but for what? :lol:
would be nice if we got an official heads up? of course, maybe they just haven't finalized the date/details yet either ;)

It makes sense that there would be another way to get Shelly. If it was meant for us to get Shelly with bonus tiers then they would flood bonus tiers with Shelly stickers. Instead we get little if any stickers. Just a taste so when the real way of getting Shelly is offered we all jump at it.
Maybe a dive with Shelly stickers and maybe some cool decor to go with Shelly along the way. Something special for St. Patrick's day.
Something is in store for us with this pet.
Wait and see I guess.

Lisatigg

Postby Lisatigg » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Livinez wrote:I hear ya' Lut!!! I was just about to submit a threatening support ticket demanding they remove Maps from Bonus Tiers or I'd cease to play their goofy game!!! You jump through all these hoops for 500 Hearts and end up with 3 Scraps of Paper?!!! That's some old [email protected]!t right der!!!
But seriously, this is just plain insulting! I think they're mocking us! They sit in their crazy cubicles laughing at us saying,

Employee 1: "Let's watch them scurry to finish 43 Bonus Tiers and still not get the Bonus Pet or stickers they need! :lol:
Employee 2: "IKR! :lol: How many Map rewards do you think it'll take before they either purchase gems or get a clue? :P
Employee 1: "Not sure? But just to play it safe...make it about 25%! Remember...it's suppose to seem random." ;)
Employee 2: "Random shmandom...as if we'd leave anything to chance?! Chance don't pay my bills. THEY do!
Employee 1: "Good point! Better make it 40% maps!" :lol:

OMG DYING!!!! LMAO
3 BONUS ROUNDS DONE FOR ME
1ST HEDGEHOG STICKER
2ND 2X INK REM
3RD 2X INK REM
UGGGGG WHERE R THE DANG STICKERS... LOL

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes, I also have long thought that PB employees laugh at our pain. Probably one or more sadists in the bunch. I suspect they hired the same guy who used to be in charge of the final jet of water in the log flume ride.

Joking aside, I don't get the beef here. This is, after all a bonus pet.

Historical experience is that somewhere around 35 to 40% of the bonus round prizes are stickers. While I agree more stickers and zero maps would be better, it isn't clear that what we will get this time is very different.

Besides, this seems somewhat responsive to a request made earlier on this forum asking that they award Tradefest pets by letting us accumulate stickers (receiving the 15th in round 7) so that people who might otherwise miss out altogether will at least have some stickers toward eventually getting the pet rather than nothing. Though that suggestion related to the first pet, maybe they are experimenting with that approach.

Assuming I don't finish all 50 rounds, this could work out a couple ways for me. It will either be as a head start on a giraffe-like pet with stickers we sometimes get or a head start on the red panda with stickers we can get only from buying chests. If it's the latter, then I agree maybe we have a beef.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:51 pm

GO LIVINEZ!! LOL. I was just about to post almost the same thing. You and I are on the same wavelength (although you are far ahead of me in light years), but you said it kid!

x3 Scraps of Paper???? WTH??? Prestige Points are pretty much useless, but THREE SCRAPS OF PAPER?? For a Bonus Level award is a freakin' Joke. It really IS insulting.

There should be code in these Tradefests that looks at your Level of progress in the game and awards accordingly. If you are a 65 with both Special 75 PP Decorations, and all islands unlocked, then maps and points should be a no-go. It should be a REWARD for a long time player not to have to deal with this early game stuff.

Yo KING! Start giving the long time players a modicum of respect and acknowledgement for their long time game play. Doing that with THREE SCRAPS OF PAPER is not a kudo. You may as well award us with cotton.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livinez wrote:I hear ya' Lut!!! I was just about to submit a threatening support ticket demanding they remove Maps from Bonus Tiers or I'd cease to play their goofy game!!! You jump through all these hoops for 500 Hearts and end up with 3 Scraps of Paper?!!! That's some old [email protected]!t right der!!!
But seriously, this is just plain insulting! I think they're mocking us! They sit in their crazy cubicles laughing at us saying,

Employee 1: "Let's watch them scurry to finish 43 Bonus Tiers and still not get the Bonus Pet or stickers they need! :lol:
Employee 2: "IKR! :lol: How many Map rewards do you think it'll take before they either purchase gems or get a clue? :P
Employee 1: "Not sure? But just to play it safe...make it about 25%! Remember...it's suppose to seem random." ;)
Employee 2: "Random shmandom...as if we'd leave anything to chance?! Chance don't pay my bills. THEY do!
Employee 1: "Good point! Better make it 40% maps!" :lol:

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:22 pm

I gotchu OB!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
——————————————————————————————————————————

But PLEASE everyone...don't misunderstand my frustration. My ONLY complaint is the maps!!! As far as I'm concerned they could keep EVERYTHING exactly the same; just remove the map pieces! :x
Why not plug Primos in their place??? Cuz that would be too much like right! :P
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:56 pm

I agree with everyone, it doesen't make sence... They give us the event in which all players or at least 99% could win and get bored till the end of time, and in every Tradefest, only 1-2% of all players ever reach end of bonus rounds... I agree with Kitty, if it was ONLY Shelly's stickers I am not sure I could win 15 bonus rounds, this way people get discouridged... Why did they do that?

When I saw Livinez's post where she showed begining of bonus rounds, I thought they finally came up with exelent idea, and we could choose which prize we want on each bonus round (out of 4 offered), but....

I think THAT would be the solution for everyone! And everyone would play as much bonus rounds as thay can, I bet!
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 7
Koalia

Postby Koalia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm

JoannaK wrote:I agree with everyone, it doesen't make sence... They give us the event in which all players or at least 99% could win and get bored till the end of time, and in every Tradefest, only 1-2% of all players ever reach end of bonus rounds... I agree with Kitty, if it was ONLY Shelly's stickers I am not sure I could win 15 bonus rounds, this way people get discouridged... Why did they do that?

When I saw Livinez's post where she showed begining of bonus rounds, I thought they finally came up with exelent idea, and we could choose which prize we want on each bonus round (out of 4 offered), but....

I think THAT would be the solution for everyone! And everyone would play as much bonus rounds as thay can, I bet!

I totally agree with this . Being able to choose our own prizes would be a game changer, for the better. For me, getting maps is not only frustrating but also very discouraging.
My windmill storage is usually between 700 -720. Right now it's at 498 :shock: . We'll see how many rounds I can pull off... I'm working on BT 21. So far I got maps (5x), prestige (3x) and stickers (1 flamingos, 1 platypus, 1 hedgehog and 2 Shelly)
Level 75

you got me singing ♥

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”