Something new coming when???

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 12
mattlynch

Something new coming when???

Postby mattlynch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 am

A Daily mini game like the tasks in Tradefest
http://fr.paradisebay.wikia.com/wiki/Sunshine_preview
Level 75/ 14.00M Gold Coins
Started July 2016/Android Tablet
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
FB ID Matt Lynch same Avatar as Forum
Pets all Bronze /all Sliver /Gold but 1
All Mills/Recipes 1 To Go
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

Tier 3
Piipou

Re: Something new coming when???

Postby Piipou » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 am

When King want to activate it ;)
In beta stage for the moment, look already funny :D
Forums Francophone et Espagnol https://baieduparadis.fr/forum
Admin du wikia Français https://fr.paradisebay.wikia.com
Admin with Shrippers on English wikia https://paradise-bay.wikia.com
Support on Spanish wikia https://es.paradisebay.wikia.com

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 am

Hello there Mat :D
I am not sure if you knew this allready, but that site is not official one but an enthusiastic one, created and running by this guy Piipou who answered you just now. If you find his info useful, please join me in the thread "Proposition for Pablo and the King" as I asked them to give us a link to both french and english PB wiki, so we can use it more easily as it contains very detailed user manual, especially for new players, as well as useful info for us all. :D

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28894
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 12
mattlynch

Postby mattlynch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 pm

JoannaK wrote:Hello there Mat :D
I am not sure if you knew this allready, but that site is not official one but an enthusiastic one, created and running by this guy Piipou who answered you just now. If you find his info useful, please join me in the thread "Proposition for Pablo and the King" as I asked them to give us a link to both french and english PB wiki, so we can use it more easily as it contains very detailed user manual, especially for new players, as well as useful info for us all. :D

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28894

I know , thought it to be interesting wanted to see other Trademasters opinions on it that all
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm

It looks like something fun for all. :D

I am looking forward to it :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:42 pm

It is not clear what, if anything, are the rewards for achieving 1, 2, or 3 suns.

Apart from whatever those may be, I am not too enthused. This looks to work a lot like Tradefest, where we are left with a treehouse full of a whole lot of stuff that is demanded but never actually purchased and delivered. To make matters worse, the World Market always gets totally F'd up during these events.

I mean, if it is just going to operate like Tradefest in disguise, why bother?

Other flaws -

1. From the screenshots, there doesn't seem to be any way to dismiss the ridiculous orders.

2. Ridiculous orders - If we are stuck with nonsense like 3 fruitcakes in 3 1/2 hours, a lot of players are going to be discouraged and complaining. IMO requests should always be achievable, and that includes time for production of input components. The way they do it now always depend on having tons of inventory, which does not pose a significant challenge for advanced players yet becomes an impossible obstacle for lower level players. Basically, they manage the worst of both worlds.

In case you can't tell, I gave grown to hate Tradefest, so more Tradefest in disguise does not thrill me.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
mattlynch

Postby mattlynch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:18 pm

BethM wrote:It is not clear what, if anything, are the rewards for achieving 1, 2, or 3 suns.

Apart from whatever those may be, I am not too enthused. This looks to work a lot like Tradefest, where we are left with a treehouse full of a whole lot of stuff that is demanded but never actually purchased and delivered. To make matters worse, the World Market always gets totally F'd up during these events.

I mean, if it is just going to operate like Tradefest in disguise, why bother?

Other flaws -

1. From the screenshots, there doesn't seem to be any way to dismiss the ridiculous orders.

2. Ridiculous orders - If we are stuck with nonsense like 3 fruitcakes in 3 1/2 hours, a lot of players are going to be discouraged and complaining. IMO requests should always be achievable, and that includes time for production of input components. The way they do it now always depend on having tons of inventory, which does not pose a significant challenge for advanced players yet becomes an impossible obstacle for lower level players. Basically, they manage the worst of both worlds.

In case you can't tell, I gave grown to hate Tradefest, so more Tradefest in disguise does not thrill me.

I completely get you what you are saying my concerns are constant Tradefest at all times whether mini or normal and mini during normal Tradefest it kind like an overload of Tradefests daily just a little to much at one time, but is a beta testing thing when or if it comes out ,
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, I applaud the general idea of exploring new mini games, esp if they become alternatives to Tradefest in some months. I would like to see it involve something other than time pressure challenges that keep me from doing other parts of the game like the adventure ship.

I did enjoy the little riddle event and the book challenges. They added diversion/ dimension without totally disrupting the game.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
mattlynch

Postby mattlynch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 pm

BethM wrote:Well, I applaud the general idea of exploring new mini games, esp if they become alternatives to Tradefest in some months. I would like to see it involve something other than time pressure challenges that keep me from doing other parts of the game like the adventure ship.

I did enjoy the little riddle event and the book challenges. They added diversion/ dimension without totally disrupting the game.

I completely agree with that
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:16 pm

BethM wrote:

Me too!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”