Coins....

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Lainypie

Coins....

Postby Lainypie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 pm

hi folks
How on earth do u guys afford to expand land, buy new mills eg bakery £65,000 or somthing ridiculous!
Im struggling, still need to expand lots of land and buy the tinker, bakery etc...only just afforded the sushi bar after saving coins for weeks! :(
do u have tips, apart from selling items, to gain LOTS more coins.....or do i just have to keep grafting away! lol

Tier 16
Ely321

Re: Coins....

Postby Ely321 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:33 pm

buy from islands, sell to islands, do adventure ships if you can, any mills not working, set them up at night for long items to sell the next day-keep watch on which items are high pay for low work.

enjoy the game, when you get to the top(not me) you will have too much of the things you now have too little of :lol: (coin, karma, experience)
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 pm

I remember the days . . . when I would scour through strangers islands looking for enough pink stars to get an axe, shears, hammer and now I can't give them away :lol: :lol: . . . keep it up and you'll get there too. :D :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 pm

I gess most of us went through that same strugle. What I would do now if I am starting the game again from the beginning, I would buy mills first, land only if I have to ( like the one with Clara's cave or with dive shop), never spent on decoration untill have extra coins and keep my mills running all the time... That is what I would do ;)
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:14 am

Until I reached the then max level 50 (or maybe 55), I never had enough coins to buy a mill when it first came available. It was quite a while before they raised it that time, and there was nothing left for me to buy, and the coins started to pile up. I find I also gain a lot of coins during Tradefest.

One tip is to try to always keep things in the market to sell. It doesn't seem to matter if they are not big ticket items, they can still generate coins.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Candiedmaple

Postby Candiedmaple » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:03 am

I always have enough money to buy the shops that are available when I reach a new level, but that is because it is my goal to do that. I look up the price of the next shop on the Wiki, and then save and spend accordingly. However, this means that I do not buy new land frequently , and am sparing on what else I buy. For instance, the game tells me I can buy another mole and another sloth to put on my land, but I'm doing without for now.
Level 56
Hoarder of blueberries, cocoa, mushrooms and sap!

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:09 am

Candiedmaple wrote:I always have enough money to buy the shops that are available when I reach a new level, but that is because it is my goal to do that. I look up the price of the next shop on the Wiki, and then save and spend accordingly. However, this means that I do not buy new land frequently , and am sparing on what else I buy. For instance, the game tells me I can buy another mole and another sloth to put on my land, but I'm doing without for now.

That is definitely the way to play it. It is very tempting to buy the decorations but if you hold off and only buy what is necessary at first you will come out ahead quicker.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Candiedmaple

Postby Candiedmaple » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 am

Scubakat wrote:That is definitely the way to play it. It is very tempting to buy the decorations but if you hold off and only buy what is necessary at first you will come out ahead quicker.

Fortunately, I have absolutely no eye for decorating, so passing up decorations is more of a relief to me. *laughs*
Level 56
Hoarder of blueberries, cocoa, mushrooms and sap!

Tier 2
Koppertone04

Postby Koppertone04 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:23 am

I was in the same situation months back. I did a lot of the recommendations given in other replies.
Making big items overnight, then again before i went to work. Then i made it my plan to sell them
Specifically to build my bank. I also kept my market filled with fast growing produce and grew stuff
as fast as i could. Even the little sales add up. I also found if I was able not to think about how
Much I had every day and just enjoy the game, it seemed to grow faster! ;)
Level 75

GC koppertone04

Looking for GC friends :P

Lainypie

Postby Lainypie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

wow
thank you so much for all yr replies!
amazing support guys xxx
thanks
im off to make some dosh....if only it was this easy inreal life :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”