What a rip off.

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 5
Checkers420

What a rip off.

Postby Checkers420 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 am

30 days to wait after getting 1 ghostly chest for 1 doubloon. Everyone is complaining about the stuff NOT given when feeding pets. The way things are being worded to lead us into nothing. Just a constant berage of miss information. Nothing answered from Pablo or the other 2 NEW moderators. I have sent pm's about subjects to get no response. With all the misdirection going on with Shelly you could have given us a chance to get her with the third slot on ghost cove but instead you give us 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days to look at that slot to remind us of getting screwed on that. Even all the ladies that have been kissing Pablo's backside are now pissed. Here's a bit of advice quit pissing off your players or you will be out of a job due to nobody playing anymore. With a whole team of people and all you can come up with is 1 ghostly chest I would be firing some lazy, not thinking, taking things away from players, pretty much useless people on my staff and get some new people that want to stay working. I'm extremely disappointed in what's been going on with all the misdirection and lack of ideas when if you would look at the forums you could get way better ideas than 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days wait till the next thing. Needless to say I'm pissed at the whole last 2 months. Get it together.
Last edited by Checkers420 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tier 11
Scubakat

Re: What a rip off.

Postby Scubakat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:31 am

Checkers420 wrote:30 days to wait after getting 1 ghostly chest for 1 doubloon. Everyone is complaining about the stuff NOT given when feeding pets. The way things are being worded to lead us into nothing. Just a constant berage of miss information. Nothing answered from Pablo or the other 2 NEW moderators. I have sent pm's about subjects to get no response. With all the misdirection going on with Shelly you could have given us a chance to get her with the third slot on ghost cove but instead you give us 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days to look at that slot to remind us of getting screwed on that. Even all the ladies that have been kissing Pablo's backside are now pissed. Here's a bit of advice quit pissing off your players or you will be out of a job due to nobody playing anymore. With a whole team of people and all you can come up with is 1 ghostly chest I would be firing some lazy, not thinking, taking things away from players, pretty much useless people on my staff and get some new people that want to stay working. I'm extremely disappointed in what's been going on with all the misdirection and lack of ideas when if you would look at the forums you could get way better ideas than 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days wait till the next thing. Needless to say I'm pissed at the whole last 2 months. Get it together.

Wow! Relax Checker's! They didn't mislead anyone on the next offer on the Ghost Cove 3rd Slot since 15 days ago and I think they did well giving new comers a chance to get it. Don't throw yourself in a tizzy over a silly game. And do you have any idea how insulting you sounded by saying that "the ladies" have been kissing Pablo's backside? Maybe "the ladies" are just trying to relax and have a good time and you should do the same. ;)
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Tier 5
Checkers420

Postby Checkers420 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:47 am

Scubakat wrote:
Checkers420 wrote:30 days to wait after getting 1 ghostly chest for 1 doubloon. Everyone is complaining about the stuff NOT given when feeding pets. The way things are being worded to lead us into nothing. Just a constant berage of miss information. Nothing answered from Pablo or the other 2 NEW moderators. I have sent pm's about subjects to get no response. With all the misdirection going on with Shelly you could have given us a chance to get her with the third slot on ghost cove but instead you give us 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days to look at that slot to remind us of getting screwed on that. Even all the ladies that have been kissing Pablo's backside are now pissed. Here's a bit of advice quit pissing off your players or you will be out of a job due to nobody playing anymore. With a whole team of people and all you can come up with is 1 ghostly chest I would be firing some lazy, not thinking, taking things away from players, pretty much useless people on my staff and get some new people that want to stay working. I'm extremely disappointed in what's been going on with all the misdirection and lack of ideas when if you would look at the forums you could get way better ideas than 1 lousy ghostly chest and 30 days wait till the next thing. Needless to say I'm pissed at the whole last 2 months. Get it together.

Wow! Relax Checker's! They didn't mislead anyone on the next offer on the Ghost Cove 3rd Slot since 15 days ago and I think they did well giving new comers a chance to get it. Don't throw yourself in a tizzy over a silly game. And do you have any idea how insulting you sounded by saying that "the ladies" have been kissing Pablo's backside? Maybe "the ladies" are just trying to relax and have a good time and you should do the same. ;)

I am allowed my opinion. I wasn't writing to you. Sorry if you don't like my point of view but when I dislike someone else's point of view I just skip over their thread. I don't tell them how to act or to stop saying what's on their mind. I'm extremely relaxed. I served 6 years in the Navy so we all could have our own opinion. Don't ever tell me to keep quiet about anything. Nothing insulting was ment about the ladies and you know it. You just like to control people. The misdirection was not the 3d slot it was other things that have been discussed in other threads. I'm really not fond of someone telling me what to do. I was voicing my opinion and will do so till I die thank you very much.

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 am

Checkers420 wrote:
I am allowed my opinion. I wasn't writing to you. Sorry if you don't like my point of view but when I dislike someone else's point of view I just skip over their thread. I don't tell them how to act or to stop saying what's on their mind. I'm extremely relaxed. I served 6 years in the Navy so we all could have our own opinion. Don't ever tell me to keep quiet about anything. Nothing insulting was ment about the ladies and you know it. You just like to control people. The misdirection was not the 3d slot it was other things that have been discussed in other threads. I'm really not fond of someone telling me what to do. I was voicing my opinion and will do so till I die thank you very much.

Seriously?! Out of that you got that I was trying to tell you what to do? I was trying to calm you down before you had that fifth heart attack. Carry on then pal. But I still don't think that any self respecting "lady" is going to appreciate that you called them "back-side kissers" no matter how you carry on. And yes, you are allowed an opinion. I have not been mean or insulting to you yet pal and I don't think I deserve your anger.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Candiedmaple

Postby Candiedmaple » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 am

You have to read my posts as a comedy skit usually never serious, except when I am.

I get you, Checkers. I get you.
Level 56
Hoarder of blueberries, cocoa, mushrooms and sap!

Tier 3
Elafaki

Postby Elafaki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:20 am

You nailed it Checkers420!

"WHAT A RIP OFF"

Extremely disappointed also! :oops:
:P Maria XxXxXx

Cherokee15

Postby Cherokee15 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:33 am

Candiedmaple wrote:
You have to read my posts as a comedy skit usually never serious, except when I am.

But...I think he was serious!!

I haven't been a "back-side kisser" since...well...NEVER!! :lol:
People ALWAYS destroy what they don't understand!! ALWAYS!!

Tier 5
Checkers420

Postby Checkers420 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:41 am

While I am trying to voice my opinion on how I think the game is being presented to us, at no point in my life am I trying to be insulting to females no matter how I put it. I say girls they don't like it, I say women, and they don't like it, I say ladies they don't like it. So let it be known the ladies kissing Pablo's backside was ment to be cute because they all send him kisses and hugs and complements and it reminds me of my memaw and her 8 other sisters and how no matter what was going on they would always give you that kiss and hug. And those same ladies are now on other threads complaining instead of kisses and hugs. And on that note to all the ladies I interact with I think you are all sweet and enjoy my conversations with you. But I'm tired of getting stuff taken away, mislead, and the other stuff mentioned in the original post. Thank you for reading.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:42 am

It's kind of nice not being the crankiest person on the board, for once.

I thought another chest was kind of a comedown for the third slot, but as I didn't have any reason to expect anything in particular here, I wouldn't have characterized it as ripped off. Personally I got a pretty good payoff for one doubloon. I think this must have been some kind of fallback placeholder and that the bargain one doubloon price was their way of acknowledging that. Now let's complain about having to pay 3 doubloons for the same chest in slot one. Just kidding all of us whiners there, but seriously, why is the next one a whole 30 days away?

Still, this follows the pattern of two of the developers greatest weaknesses. First they seem unwilling or unable to make the game work well for players at all levels at the same time. One end of the spectrum or the other is always losing out.

Second, they do a really bad job of thinking thru their new ideas to all their ramifications and logical conclusions. While the ghost book game was a cool idea, it should have been obvious that starting thru a time limited slot on the island sale board it was going to create a problem of players at different levels being out of synch. So now they have to disappoint and annoy half their players to give the ones who could not get the book before a chance to catch up. I guess in a couple more months, they will annoy Us and those folks to let the next batch catch up, and so on and so on. Then the problem is compounded when they introduce more chapters, if they are silly enough to tie that to the third slot. Imo the book clearly did not belong in an island board slot. It should have been awarded at the captain character level like they often do with decorations or triggered naturally like the story lines when a player reached an appropriate game level or combination game and ghost captain relationship level.
Last edited by BethM on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Candiedmaple

Postby Candiedmaple » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:47 am

Cherokee15 wrote:
Candiedmaple wrote:

But...I think he was serious!!

Don't tell Checkers if he was serious or not! You obviously like to control people!
Level 56
Hoarder of blueberries, cocoa, mushrooms and sap!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”