Forum Tips & Guideline

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 12
Livinez

Forum Tips & Guideline

Postby Livinez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Seeing how on August 1st PB will be closing all but the English Forum...I thought it might be a good idea to point out some tips that might benefit us in our time of growth and make the Forum an easier place to navigate and find the help you seek! :D

1. Before starting a “New Topic”, try doing an ‘Advanced Search’ of the main item or point of interest you’re curious about or need help with. If one already exists, post your comment or question under that topic. This will minimize duplicate topics, as well as improving the chance of getting a reply and the help you need.

For example...you want help with Balloon Sundries. Go to Advanced Search and enter Balloon Sundries in the KEYWORD BOX. You can than further narrow your search to only search a certain category; say General Discussion or Trade Requests. For a more precise results, search specifically with Topic Titles. You can also limit the timeframe; to only search the past day, week, month, etc..

I did this and found 8 Topics on Balloon Sundries. Wouldn’t it be simpler if there were only 1, 2 or maybe just 3???

2. Try to stay “On Topic”. We all can get side tracked or distracted so straying off topic is easy to do. There is actually an “Off Topic” Thread you might consider visiting to share that thought or even send a PM of that joke or comment.

3. For non-English speaking posters...Google Translate is easy and works great! Here’s the link: https://translate.google.com/m/translate?hl=en
Just “copy and paste” your translated text into your post and voila! :D
Since translations may vary... let’s all try to read through posts carefully and ask for clarification if need be.
Patience is a virtue, especially in regards to Paradise Bay.

4. This is the English Forum so please post in English. Keeping Topics and Posts in ONE language will prevent confusion and exclusion. Otherwise it’ll seem like private conversations and/or private jokes are going on all over the place.

5. Remember to always be kind and respectful. No name calling or hurtful jabs at a fellow Forum member. We are all here to get help or discuss things concerning the game. We don’t have to always agree on things and some issues may even be upsetting to you. If the Forum is not providing the help you desire or resolves your issue; you need to contact PB Support. You can do this by using either the in-game Support Link or the Support Tab at the top of every Forum page.
No matter how frustrated you may become,we should try our best to discuss things in as calm and rational a manner as possible.

These are all just a few suggestions I could think of off the top of my head. If there is anything else you all can think of..feel free to post a reply or PM me your thoughts or ideas on this topic directly. If warranted, I’ll edit my original post to include any additional points of interest.

A warm welcome to all our new friends! :D

*Note* I am not employed by Paradise Bay or any of its affiliates. I’m just speaking as one Forum Member to another.
Last edited by Livinez on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 5
Goofball

Re: English Forum Tips

Postby Goofball » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:29 pm

If I may..

Hurrah and Welcome to all our incredibly talented new Trademasters, or Trademistresses!

Google Translate works quite well. HOWEVER, from experience, I suggest you put both English and your other language together. Such as Hvala vam (Thank you). That way, if there is a misunderstanding, it is easier to address.

And to that, I would add to please respect another culture. Appreciate the richness, enjoy the variety. The World is a better place, with Bibimbap, Sushi, Daal, Tacos, Tapas, KImchee, Blinis, or your other favorites :!:
Goofball, level 80. Greenwich minus 6 or 7.

Time Travelers Strictly Cash. Location: Earth (most times)

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm

That's putting it right. Great work Liv. We all of our issues and frustration with the game with that I say a do got a dentist appt. Later gator. :lol: :lol:
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 am

Excellent tips Liv :D

let's try to keep this on top for the next while as we welcome others :D

Good reminders for all of us :D especially those of us known to go "off topic" :lol: :lol: ;)

** the "off topic" thread is not an exclusive club-anyone that is looking for a few laughs or has something funny/kind to share can post :D **
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 2
baiadoparaiso

Postby baiadoparaiso » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:56 pm

King decision to close all fora but the English one is just a most stupid decision.
King could have closed the forum but leaving it in "read only" mode.
No, it was a lot easier to "pull the plug"
We have now lost a lot of knowledge and I do not expect a "Google translate" to help non English speakers.
King is keen enough to get our money, but it is the end of the story

And to nake matters worse, try to send a message to the moderator of the English forum, he will not even bother to read your message

French players have taken their destiny in their own hands and set up a new discussion space that will not be spammed and will be managed.

Spanish players have already started their own forum and I understand that German ones are doing the same.

Good luck
Niveau 75

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:55 pm

baiadoparaiso wrote:King decision to close all fora but the English one is just a most stupid decision.
King could have closed the forum but leaving it in "read only" mode.
No, it was a lot easier to "pull the plug"

I don't understand this either; usually even IF forum is closed, it is left read-only at least for a while until conversation has moved to new forum. Also major pinned topics Tutorials, Help, Tips etc. are either moved to new forum, or kept as reference.

Apparently there never was any intention to get these people to come here, quite the opposite.
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 2
Cara1967

Postby Cara1967 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:04 am

Vielen lieben Dank für das herzliche Willkommen .... :D .... Ich freue mich auf den internationalen Gedankenaustausch :P ... Und natürlich (ich hoffe ich spreche für uns alle!!! ) respektieren wir alle Menschen, egal welchen Glauben, Herkunft, Partnerschaft und Grundgedanken sie haben. ...

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:52 am

I think this is great for welcoming players from other languages! Thanks Liv for your time and care you put into the forum , it’s amazing!!!!!!!
GC: LCSFBEACH
Level 80 storage TH 7020 and WM 6975
101/102 pets / 93 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1 ⭐️⭐️ 7 ⭐️
Karma 2.73 mil ❤️ and gold 115.51 mil
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tier 3
Piipou

Postby Piipou » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks Liv for your tips ;) Are you now an official King Forum Moderator ? it would be a great decision from King ;)
Just for translation : google is a pain... use http://Deepl.com a very more acurate translator !
ANd for French or Spanish guys, join us on our new forum https://baieduparadis.fr/forum
Forums Francophone et Espagnol https://baieduparadis.fr/forum
Admin du wikia Français https://fr.paradisebay.wikia.com
Admin with Shrippers on English wikia https://paradise-bay.wikia.com
Support on Spanish wikia https://es.paradisebay.wikia.com

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Piipou wrote:Thanks Liv for your tips ;) Are you now an official King Forum Moderator ? it would be a great decision from King ;)
Just for translation : google is a pain... use http://Deepl.com a very more acurate translator !
ANd for French or Spanish guys, join us on our new forum https://baieduparadis.fr/forum

Thanks Piipou! :D No, I’m not a moderator. :lol: Probably a good thing. :P
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”