Piggy Bank Gems

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Seeschanelskies
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:26 am

Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Seeschanelskies » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi. Does anyone else have the new Piggy Bank Gems feature. How does this work and will we still earn regular gems through boat orders, seal dives, treasure chests, etc.?
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 pm

I'm just going to take a guess here, and it's a guess that I REALLY hope is not correct. My guess is that whatever gems we collect from boats or dives, will go into the piggy bank and then we have to pay real money to break it to get the gems that we already earned. That's how they did it over at candy crush, and it sucks big time (King owns candy crush and PB)
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Tier 5
cookie66
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby cookie66 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Kissable32 wrote:I'm just going to take a guess here, and it's a guess that I REALLY hope is not correct. My guess is that whatever gems we collect from boats or dives, will go into the piggy bank and then we have to pay real money to break it to get the gems that we already earned. That's how they did it over at candy crush, and it sucks big time (King owns candy crush and PB)


that's exactly what it is. to buy 260 gems costs £3.89 normally, with the piggy bank it costs £2.49. its just a way of buying a few gems a bit cheaper.

I'm probably being too cynical but i wonder if this is the start of a gem restriction to try to get us to spend more. it will be interesting to see how many of the small boats offering gems we get in future.
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 pm

cookie66 wrote:
Kissable32 wrote:I'm just going to take a guess here, and it's a guess that I REALLY hope is not correct. My guess is that whatever gems we collect from boats or dives, will go into the piggy bank and then we have to pay real money to break it to get the gems that we already earned. That's how they did it over at candy crush, and it sucks big time (King owns candy crush and PB)


that's exactly what it is. to buy 260 gems costs £3.89 normally, with the piggy bank it costs £2.49. its just a way of buying a few gems a bit cheaper.

I'm probably being too cynical but i wonder if this is the start of a gem restriction to try to get us to spend more. it will be interesting to see how many of the small boats offering gems we get in future.


I KNEW we shouldn't have bragged on here about how awesome those small 5 gem boats were.....dang it!
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Starlarose
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Starlarose » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Ok, what is everyone being offered? It appears to vary. Is it a beta?
I have 3 games. Only 2 have the piggy bank. This is what my L75 game shows:
Image

My Level 56 game had the offer for 260 gems for 2.99. But then I left the game. When I returned the piggy bank was gone.
It appears to me that after I collect 185 in-game gems then I can purchase the additional gems. But it was 2.99 for different amounts of gems. Then it disappeared from the L56 game altogether and never showed up on my 3rd game.
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Starlarose wrote:Ok, what is everyone being offered? It appears to vary. Is it a beta?
I have 3 games. Only 2 have the piggy bank. This is what my L75 game shows:
Image

My Level 56 game had the offer for 260 gems for 2.99. But then I left the game. When I returned the piggy bank was gone.
It appears to me that after I collect 185 in-game gems then I can purchase the additional gems. But it was 2.99 for different amounts of gems. Then it disappeared from the L56 game altogether and never showed up on my 3rd game.


my small island showed what you pictured...I closed it out and I still have the piggy bank. still no piggy bank on big island thank god
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Tier 2
spaceinvader
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby spaceinvader » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Is this a beta test? I have it in my second island but not the main one.
You can earn gems by completing TP or boat orders for example and then when you have at least 185 in the bank you can purchase them with real money (mine in Canadian dollars)

Here’s the full in game explanation

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
QubeTown - k0alia


Level 80
Image
Top

Tier 7
Oblio98
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:08 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Oblio98 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 pm

So we now have to buy gems we collect from the "giving tree", boat orders, chests, and other things like IslandTV?

This better not be the case.
Top

Tier 2
spaceinvader
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby spaceinvader » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Oblio98 wrote:So we now have to buy gems we collect from the "giving tree", boat orders, chests, and other things like IslandTV?

This better not be the case.


No, I was just able to collect from the giving tree and it went directly to my gem count, not the piggy bank. It should be the same for dives, chests, etc. Some clarification from PB would be awesome :roll:
QubeTown - k0alia


Level 80
Image
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 pm

spaceinvader wrote:
Oblio98 wrote:So we now have to buy gems we collect from the "giving tree", boat orders, chests, and other things like IslandTV?

This better not be the case.


No, I was just able to collect from the giving tree and it went directly to my gem count, not the piggy bank. It should be the same for dives, chests, etc. Some clarification from PB would be awesome :roll:


Agreed. It would be nice if when they rolled out a new feature/event, a moderator would come to the forum and announce it so we KNOW what's going on instead of speculating ourselves into a tizzy.
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”