Piggy Bank Gems

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Megwilson06

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Megwilson06 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Oblio98 wrote:So we now have to buy gems we collect from the "giving tree", boat orders, chests, and other things like IslandTV?

This better not be the case.

I was hoping to test that theory, but I can’t seem to get gems to show up. My island tv disappeared when the pig appeared, already collected from the giving tree/daily chest, and I can’t get a gem boat to save my life. I keep getting patches or maps. I really hope island tv comes back and didn’t get replaced by that dang piggy bank.

Possible bright side, maybe if they get some more income they will actually start adding to this game. I’d happily donate some money if we could get more land or NEW interesting features that don’t include tradefests or reskinned pets.
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Megwilson06

Postby Megwilson06 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 pm

sphoebus wrote:So pig gems and regular gems appear to be two different things. I just finished a gem boat order and got both types of gems, each of a different amount and into their different 'buckets'. This might be less confusing if the pig gems were something other than gems....

That’s good news!
Game Center ID: Megwilson06

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Tier 2
spaceinvader

Postby spaceinvader » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:55 pm

sphoebus wrote:So pig gems and regular gems appear to be two different things. I just finished a gem boat order and got both types of gems, each of a different amount and into their different 'buckets'. This might be less confusing if the pig gems were something other than gems....

Or at least a different color :roll:

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if we’d still get gems in regular boat orders
QubeTown - k0alia

Level 80

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:56 pm

too bad we can't merge the piggy bank threads all into one, there's like 3 or 4 now
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 pm

BethM wrote:Here’s what mine shows:

So, for the same 2.99, I get 250 gems while Starla gets 550? That feels feels pretty rude.

I wonder how they base it....off of level? I'm level 63 on my big island and I can fill my piggy bank to 260. My small island is level 33 and I can fill the piggy bank to 550 on that one.
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Their marketing people often price packages based on the player's past purchase history. People who have spent money before tend to get higher priced offers. In this case, it looks like they are holding the price constant, but offering different quantities.

Since this is a beta, it may be I get a worse deal because I have spent more money in the past, or it could just be part of the beta test where they are randomly assigning offers to see which ones get purchased how often.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm

BethM wrote:Their marketing people often price packages based on the player's past purchase history. People who have spent money before tend to get higher priced offers. In this case, it looks like they are holding the price constant, but offering different quantities.

Since this is a beta, it may be I get a worse deal because I have spent more money in the past, or it could just be part of the beta test where they are randomly assigning offers to see which ones get purchased how often.

that's crappy if so, the ones who spend money should get a good deal to be motivated to break their piggy bank
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Right now I don't like it. Especially with no "official " notice to the PB players. As usual, it's up to the expert players to figure out and analyze this change so everyone else can make their decisions concerning game play. Thank goodness for the folks who do that for us. But now my gut feeling is to bail out. I'm usually not pessimistic, so sorry.
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 pm

My 2 games are showing the piggy banks... As I cash out the TP and BO, my gems go to both 'buckets' too. I figure the Piggy Bank is just a virtual gem COUNT and not actual gems. I have not lost any gems in this new transaction... yet.
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 pm

DesertDuo78 wrote:

My 2 games are showing the piggy banks... As I cash out the TP and BO, my gems go to both 'buckets' too. I figure the Piggy Bank is just a virtual gem COUNT and not actual gems. I have not lost any gems in this new transaction... yet.

and when you accumulate enough gems, you get to pay real cash to get them out. It's Gem Jail! lol
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”