Piggy Bank Gems

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Starlarose
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Starlarose » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Kissable32 wrote:
BethM wrote:Their marketing people often price packages based on the player's past purchase history. People who have spent money before tend to get higher priced offers. In this case, it looks like they are holding the price constant, but offering different quantities.

Since this is a beta, it may be I get a worse deal because I have spent more money in the past, or it could just be part of the beta test where they are randomly assigning offers to see which ones get purchased how often.


that's crappy if so, the ones who spend money should get a good deal to be motivated to break their piggy bank

Nope that's not it. I spend on all 3 of my games. I think it is random. My third game has now got it.
One Level 75 and one Level 56 game have the offer for 260 gems. The other game is L75 and has the 550 gem offer. I spend similar amounts on the two L75 games but have different offers.
Seems random. Plus until someone buys the bank we don't know if the gem amounts change each time or are set to stay what they are at now.
Also, my two games with the 260 gem offers are broke now. Stuck with no piggy bank. But every time I log out and then back in I get part of the dialogue from Keani about the piggy bank. But no piggy bank and no piggy bank gems for doing trades.
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:14 pm

the piggy bank is now gone from my big island.

I had random speed boost on both island, showed up at the same time (just happened to have them both open to notice) and both islands lost the speed boost at the same time. Had it roughly less than an hour. When the game refreshed on my big island, piggy bank was gone along with any gem offers the trade post had and the one boat order that had it.

I think someone is working the internal part of the game and getting it all wonkified lol!
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

NiciH
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby NiciH » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I think it is a great idea :D All the characters on my island are maxed out, so there was no reason to do tradeposts unti now. Same with boats, no need for maps .... Now, if I am in need for some gems for a great price than I can play/trade towards that goal :D
Level 80
IPad Pro
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 pm

NiciH wrote:I think it is a great idea :D All the characters on my island are maxed out, so there was no reason to do tradeposts unti now. Same with boats, no need for maps .... Now, if I am in need for some gems for a great price than I can play/trade towards that goal :D



I'd be more excited if it was even across the board. Seeing other people get 550 gems for $2.99 while I'm only offered 260 for $2.99 doesn't make me feel that great. Guess that's the green monster in me :mrgreen:
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby BethM » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:32 pm

Mine is still gone. At first it came and went every other time I opened the game, but has not been there the last few times. Even when I did gave the pig, I never got any of the character dialog.

It may be that the different offers are just part of the beta and that they will settle on one at some point.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 4
Red626
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Red626 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 pm

It adds to both the gems we have and the new bank...just tried it and got this


then this
Level 75
Tomorrow isn’t promised....love fiercely..laugh often
Top

Tier 2
tlise
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:30 am

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby tlise » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:39 pm

King often try different prices to see which is more popular. King is very data driven so will be looking at a lot of factors.
And for those who are panicking thinking PB Is stealing gems. I had a gem ship which went into my gems plus extra for the piggy bank.
King never word things well, thats why they have so much problems with the bank in other games where people accuse them of stealing their bars. Its not. Its an everyday way of having a special offer so you get them cheaper and a better value.
If you don't want to use it, just ignore it :)
Top

NiciH
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby NiciH » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 pm

Kissable32 wrote:
NiciH wrote:I think it is a great idea :D All the characters on my island are maxed out, so there was no reason to do tradeposts unti now. Same with boats, no need for maps .... Now, if I am in need for some gems for a great price than I can play/trade towards that goal :D



I'd be more excited if it was even across the board. Seeing other people get 550 gems for $2.99 while I'm only offered 260 for $2.99 doesn't make me feel that great. Guess that's the green monster in me :mrgreen:

:D Thats would be nice, my offer is $2.99 for 350 gems ... 550 gems would be way better :lol:
Level 80
IPad Pro
Top

Tier 9
Kissable32
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 pm

NiciH wrote:
Kissable32 wrote:
NiciH wrote:I think it is a great idea :D All the characters on my island are maxed out, so there was no reason to do tradeposts unti now. Same with boats, no need for maps .... Now, if I am in need for some gems for a great price than I can play/trade towards that goal :D



I'd be more excited if it was even across the board. Seeing other people get 550 gems for $2.99 while I'm only offered 260 for $2.99 doesn't make me feel that great. Guess that's the green monster in me :mrgreen:

:D Thats would be nice, my offer is $2.99 for 350 gems ... 550 gems would be way better :lol:


And your deal is better than mine! The game I buy gems on isn’t giving me a good offer at all
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )
Top

Tier 4
Red626
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Re: Piggy Bank Gems

Postby Red626 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 pm

And they have different prices for the gems. I have 550 for 2.99
Level 75
Tomorrow isn’t promised....love fiercely..laugh often
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”