Asking for items on levels haven't obtained

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Disappointed

Asking for items on levels haven't obtained

Postby Disappointed » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Why would your game ask for an item on a level that I have not obtained? Am I supposed to trade for this? Am I supposed to spend money to obtain this item? This is not good game planning.

Tier 5
cookie66

Re: Asking for items on levels haven't obtained

Postby cookie66 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Disappointed wrote:Why would your game ask for an item on a level that I have not obtained? Am I supposed to trade for this? Am I supposed to spend money to obtain this item? This is not good game planning.

what item is it asking for and where?

I'm only guessing but sometimes in your trade post it asks for something to develop a character storyline. it shows up at the bottom of your trade post and you cannot delete it. if that is the case it means you have advanced the storyline faster than expected for your levels.

i think at some point it has happened to us all. :)
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:33 pm

I think you are right. Apart from storyline requests, I don’t think this game does ever ask for items not available at the player’s level.

It may ask for an item from a mill you haven’t bought yet, but it will be one you are eligible to buy.

It may ask for an item needing a recipe you don’t have yet, but it will be one you could buy if you had the pearls, not one you are not yet eligible to buy due to game or character level.

At least, that has been my experience.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 pm

BethM wrote:I think you are right. Apart from storyline requests, I don’t think this game does ever ask for items not available at the player’s level.

It may ask for an item from a mill you haven’t bought yet, but it will be one you are eligible to buy.

It may ask for an item needing a recipe you don’t have yet, but it will be one you could buy if you had the pearls, not one you are not yet eligible to buy due to game or character level.

My storyline trade is asking for mango crepes and I can’t complete the trade because I don’t have like at level 19 yet, and can’t purchase the recipe lol.....I’m working on it tho, and definitely have the pearls to buy it when he levels up.
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes, there are a few places where players seem to progress the storyline ahead of levels and characters. Mango crepes is one, the top hat is another one that stops people for a while.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

On Sunday, I bet lots of top hats and mango crepes will be available on the WM. I remember being stuck without those items, and it was tough for a while. Hang in there!
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Silverknight wrote:On Sunday, I bet lots of top hats and mango crepes will be available on the WM. I remember being stuck without those items, and it was tough for a while. Hang in there!

I'm not too worried...I'm not super excited about processing that story line, just trying to get my stuff stocked for the retrofest coming up, thankfully I finished the piñata with enough time to GET stocked back up, I feel for those who didn't get theirs finished yet and are still blowing through items to get the trade post order bag o candies.
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 2
spaceinvader

Postby spaceinvader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Kissable32 wrote:
BethM wrote:I think you are right. Apart from storyline requests, I don’t think this game does ever ask for items not available at the player’s level.

My storyline trade is asking for mango crepes and I can’t complete the trade because I don’t have like at level 19 yet, and can’t purchase the recipe lol.....I’m working on it tho, and definitely have the pearls to buy it when he levels up.

I can pass on the mango crepes, if you need them :D I can meet you at Joanna’s, Kitty’s, Jerry’s, etc and you can hitch a ride back to my island. Just let me know ;)
QubeTown - k0alia

Level 80

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Silverknight wrote:On Sunday, I bet lots of top hats and mango crepes will be available on the WM. I remember being stuck without those items, and it was tough for a while. Hang in there!

I have only one top hat and it's your . Find me at jerry, kitty, new ely or liv.
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the offers, and perhaps one day I will take you up on it, but I'm just gonna work on it, and let it go to other lower level players....I've been putting in minimal effort lately, and just don't feel right taking a mango crepe that someone else all gung ho can use. I'll get there, I'm in no rush :).
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”