ON THE SUBJECT OF THE DYES ..

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Lulusitis

ON THE SUBJECT OF THE DYES ..

Postby Lulusitis » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:18 pm

I’ve just been to wishing well isles ...
Five pots ..5 dyes ...( bear with me ..just doing basics)
If I jump on that isle every hour for 8 hrs ...
Doesn’t that add to I can get rid of at least 40 dyes in one day ?
Now times that by 7
That’s 280 per week
That’s not bad ..n not one goes to WM
No wonder I don’t have a dye problem ...lols lols lols equals ...a happy trademaster .....

N no I’m not playing for eight hrs ..just jump on n off ..easy peasy lemon squeezy dye in easy lols lols
Been level 75 now for sometime :D :D :D :D
Loving the game
Midlands uk
Playing on iPad Air 2 & 2nd Lulusitis’stoos Island on kindle lvl 34 going on 35
happy is my li quest in life...n getting my storage sorted please PB

Tier 9
Kissable32

Re: ON THE SUBJECT OF THE DYES ..

Postby Kissable32 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:22 pm

But unless you have your storage maxed and are able to stack those dyes...the tokens those dyes turn into, take up a lot of storage space....so, not really a fix IMO. I stack my red ones when I can, and then every day + 9 hours I collect my wish and take 5 tokens out of the bubbles and make a new wish, so yes it does use the dyes, but honestly, not quick enough to solve the overabundance of dyes given. Not all players will be able to stack the tokens, or even understand how to, and a lot of players don’t have tons of storage to hold on to those tokens, not to mention a lot of players might not have the frog maxed To 3 Stars. So that would mean that they are holding on to 280+ tokens (if they do it every hour) that can only be used every 2 days or every other day, depending on the level they have that frog.

The dye situation is definitely a tough one right now lol...I have a bunch of decorations in storage that I’ve tried to use my dyes on, but now I just sell them at low cost in the market so that the lower level players can use them however they need or want to.
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Or you could just go to the Bazaar and buy Puffer Fish etc. (like we used to do, before there even was a Frog) ...much easier and doesn't require to have your storage maxed. ;)
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 pm

DragonDiscipleD wrote:Or you could just go to the Bazaar and buy Puffer Fish etc. (like we used to do, before there even was a Frog) ...much easier and doesn't require to have your storage maxed. ;)

I do do this...and sometimes will go to the market and buy a bunch of dyes to do this. However, at the rate that we are being given dyes, it’s like trying to fill the ocean with a cup lol
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Kissable32 wrote:
DragonDiscipleD wrote:Or you could just go to the Bazaar and buy Puffer Fish etc. (like we used to do, before there even was a Frog) ...much easier and doesn't require to have your storage maxed. ;)

I do do this...and sometimes will go to the market and buy a bunch of dyes to do this. However, at the rate that we are being given dyes, it’s like trying to fill the ocean with a cup lol

There wouldn’t be a Dye issue in the WM if everyone (or at least the majority) would just trade them at the Bazaar or [as mentioned] turn them into Wish tokens. But as you said...unless you are able to stack the Wish tokens; they too count against your storage.

So what you don’t like or want the decor offered in the Bazaar?! You’d rather have the WM in its current un-shoppable state? Is the little coin you stand to make (once it finally sells) really worth it???
As far as I am concerned, the Bazaar is the only way to rid yourself of them once and for all!!!! Being as over abundant as they are, I just CAN NOT wrap my head around placing them in the WM other than the desire for gold.

I can see occasionally throwing one or two in here and there at low-mid price but whole markets full [all 8 slots] ...at MAX price?! Come on...just admit it. You want gold and you don’t care how long you have to wait for it. Why not, right?! Easy money. Chances are it was just thrown at you anyway from a dive or the big octopus; it’s not like you had to make it. It’s pure profit! Who cares about the WM...you don’t really shop there much anyway. Wesley [or some other chump] will come along sooner or later and buy it so, who cares? Not your problem. :mrgreen:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:31 pm

good idea, i forgot about the puffers for sale in the Bazaar :D (and other items) been sitting on a lot of dye cause i don't want to flood the market and i get it faster than i can sell it so . . . . :lol:
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm

IMO the Bazaar is the best way to go! You don’t have to display the decor and storing it is penalty free! :)
It really is a win-win for us all! :D ;)
Now all we have to do is get everyone on board! :roll:
Level 80
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Livinez wrote:
Kissable32 wrote:

There wouldn’t be a Dye issue in the WM if everyone (or at least the majority) would just trade them at the Bazaar or [as mentioned] turn them into Wish tokens. But as you said...unless you are able to stack the Wish tokens; they too count against your storage.

So what you don’t like or want the decor offered in the Bazaar?! You’d rather have the WM in its current un-shoppable state? Is the little coin you stand to make (once it finally sells) really worth it???
As far as I am concerned, the Bazaar is the only way to rid yourself of them once and for all!!!! Being as over abundant as they are, I just CAN NOT wrap my head around placing them in the WM other than the desire for gold.

I can see occasionally throwing one or two in here and there at low-mid price but whole markets full [all 8 slots] ...at MAX price?! Come on...just admit it. You want gold and you don’t care how long you have to wait for it. Why not, right?! Easy money. Chances are it was just thrown at you anyway from a dive or the big octopus; it’s not like you had to make it. It’s pure profit! Who cares about the WM...you don’t really shop there much anyway. Wesley [or some other chump] will come along sooner or later and buy it so, who cares? Not your problem. :mrgreen:

I'm gonna read that as you saying it somewhat jokingly and not scolding because I'm not sure anything I've said warrants that......but yes, sometimes the reasons I sell them is because I do need the coins still. I am not yet level 75, I still have mills to buy, and as I'm sure you remember, the last few mills and chunks of land to clear cost a pretty gold coin. And at the level I'm at, I have just about the amount of coins needed to purchase mills when they become available, sometimes not! However, that said, like I said up there, I do go on a buying spree in the market to clear the dyes, and then use those to purchase whatever decorations from the bazaar that I can. I also try to stack my wishing wellspring island with the tokens I know I'm going to need to use, and STILL have over 50 tokens in my storage that need to be used.

But point taken. I will no longer sell dyes in the market, no matter if I need the coin or not, cause well, I sure don't want to be called out as greedy.
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes it was said in jest and not at all meant to be malicious. I sincerely apologize if it came off otherwise. It TOTALLY was NOT directed at you or anyone else in particular. I was just trying to wrap my head around the rational of a player selling dye instead of disposing of it in the Bazaar. You are well within your right to do what you want! ;)

It’s your game, your Dye and your market. With that being said...I think it’s fair to point out that as players exercise that right, it inevitably effects us all. :|
Level 80
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Kissable, and anyone else, you just go right on ahead and do whatever is right for your game. With what you've explained, you are already trying your hardest to use dye in other ways, great job ;) You are not greedy, and please don't think such things. I don't think that, and I don't think anyone else does as well :D

Oh poor World Market, bathed in colors that seem to stain our hearts :lol: But one day things will change, and people will return to you in search of dye ;)

Yes, the dye is a real problem at the moment. So many great suggestions have been made. Use them to buy decor, trade them in at Wishing Wellspring Island, hold them in your storage until they no longer clog the market. All great options. The dye is just the current thing clogging the market. PB has the market set to choose a different item now and then that floods the market, and currently it is dye. Let's all do our best to help, but don't stress over it. Your best is great, but remember to do what you need to for your own games as well. And fear not, they will change it again, and soon enough it will be something different and we will all be glad to not have the WM flooded with dye, and we can start complaining about the next item that it becomes flooded with :lol:
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”