I want 6 months before I get to Level 80

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 15
J1st

I want 6 months before I get to Level 80

Postby J1st » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:36 am

Yup, that is my wish. I want to enjoy these new levels. I applaud everyone that wants to level up, but I don't. I want to take my time and smell the flowers as they say. Any clues or suggestions to achieve this goal would be appreciated. And I think others might be interested in this approach as well. What can we do to slow down the increase that we know is coming... Remember the song by the Red Rocket...Sammy Hagar, I can't drive 55? We'll I don't want to drive 80, at least not for a while.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Re: I want 6 months before I get to Level 80

Postby bBadkitty » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:48 am

You ain't kidding it took them this long just to get us 5 lvls. Close to a year. It was in late November or early December that we ran out of lvls and storytime. My kids kept asking me anything new.? :D

Nope nothing new, would be my answer just TF after TF after RF.
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 2
spaceinvader

Postby spaceinvader » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:40 am

If I was trying not to level up, I’d do the opposite of what I do when I try to level up :P ... which would be not feeding any pets (mine or others) or event items; not playing on Sundays (or whenever they offer extra xp); only fulfilling trades that give me something I really need (like doubloons, pearls, gems) and maybe just focusing on events (though keep in mind that you get a lot of extra xp from feeding gathering event items)
I think, if you play on a daily basis, it’d be quite challenging not to get to level 80 before six months. Might be interesting to see how you manage ;)
QubeTown - k0alia

Level 80

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:46 am

J1st wrote:Yup, that is my wish. I want to enjoy these new levels. I applaud everyone that wants to level up, but I don't. I want to take my time and smell the flowers as they say. Any clues or suggestions to achieve this goal would be appreciated. And I think others might be interested in this approach as well. What can we do to slow down the increase that we know is coming... Remember the song by the Red Rocket...Sammy Hagar, I can't drive 55? We'll I don't want to drive 80, at least not for a while.

spaceinvader makes some really good points. you could go further and delete trades that include high value items as it's a double whammy, you get high xp for selling and again when you restock. i would suggest trying to buy high value items instead of making them, but with wm as it is that's not practical. for those who have feeder islands it's easier to sell stuff between them and avoid xp on the main one.

ghost ship cove chests sometimes give xp instead of hearts, so watch out for that too.

good luck! :D
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Tier 4
alteo

Postby alteo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:05 pm

J1st wrote:Yup, that is my wish. I want to enjoy these new levels. I applaud everyone that wants to level up, but I don't. I want to take my time and smell the flowers as they say. Any clues or suggestions to achieve this goal would be appreciated. And I think others might be interested in this approach as well. What can we do to slow down the increase that we know is coming... Remember the song by the Red Rocket...Sammy Hagar, I can't drive 55? We'll I don't want to drive 80, at least not for a while.

Same here, that's my wish too. Unfortunately that is not going to happen if you are a daily player, no matter how little you play.

I have done very few TP and boat trades and feed only pets that give rewards I want and yet, I am already at lvl 77 :cry:
Island name: Alteo
G+ id: AlTeo88
Level: 80

Too many pets, too little space.
Too much gold, too few things to spend on.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:15 pm

That’s sort of how I played the 70-75 increases but somewhere in the middle of 73 I got bored with it and resumed normal play. That’s about the point when I began to wonder if PB might actually release even more levels before I got to 75 and wanted to make sure there was time to rebuild my prestige bank.

Two things you can stop that affect xp only are wildlife tapping and collecting the first two items from Sunshine Chalkenge.

Ignore TP orders except as needed for storyline or for Jasper / builder progress.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:24 pm

I try not to play on bonus xp days, don't feed my pets as much, don't do Trade post orders ( except for Tradefest), use the WM to gain gold without xp, don't collect SSC that give us xp, and unfortunately....try to play a bit less since using our Mills gives us xp too.

The Mills we can't control the xp we get from them, all we can do is make what really need.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm with you Jerry. I'm still a 75! Slow old fart I am! :lol:

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 pm

The tricky part is that most things give xp plus coins or xp plus stuff or xp plus karma, so there is a balance we need to find between avoiding xp and actually still playing the game.

This one’s really going to hurt, Jerry, especially for you, but we get a ton of xp from feeding other players pets. Feeding friendlies to a pet gets over 200 xp. (It doesn’t matter if the pet is rank 1,2 or 3, they all seem to give around 220 xp.) Feed 5 pets, that’s about 1100 xp.

I’m waiting to see how long you can hold out on that one. We’ll look forward to next February when everybody gets one of your pet carpet bombings.
Last edited by BethM on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 6
Purplecat

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I am on a go slow as well Jerry. So far so good. I'm not sure it will take me 6 months but I intend to take it really easy. And I have pledged to not do any tradepost orders at all, unless it is for an event where it is required. All TF TO requests are being deleted.
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”