Losing Focus

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 7
Oblio98

Losing Focus

Postby Oblio98 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:20 pm

I think I am at the point where this game has reached the vanishing point for me.

I somehow got to Level 80, probably by doing Adventure Ships and the TF's, so now I am back to collecting Prestige Points. And this TF has no attraction to me at all. There is no way I'm doing 50, so the parrot is a non-starter. The only things left to accomplish are getting more Pet Stickers to complete getting all of my pets to Level 3 (or 15), but once they're there, there really is no big payoff (with the exception of getting Pearls and Blue Map Pieces), so having Pets at max level really doesn't matter.

So what does matter? I see boat and Tradepost offers and go "No way am I giving you that for THAT!" :lol:
There is no room left on land or sea, the only enjoyment lately has been the "Help your friend" events, but those are far and few between and end up costing us Gems.

So, aside from the fact that I've spent real money on the game, and the thought that "something might happen if I leave", I am thinking that SOMETHING has to happen with this game to keep people coming back.

What does this game offer to players to keep them coming back? I am not sure anymore.

Does anyone else feel like this, or should I just shut up and sneak some of my wife's meds and get to planting more cotton! :o

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: Losing Focus

Postby mauimonkey » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 am

Nope, don't shut up. Always feel free to say what you feel. If we don't, how are they to know what we think?

I agree, it feels a bit stagnant. Yeah, we got new levels, a new mill and recipes (which is totally awesome, I'm not complaining about that). We've been getting new relics and adventuring ship pets. We have almost constant events of some sort or another. So how on earth do we get bored? It's because it's the same things over and over and over. Now, they have done some things to change up events a bit, but it's still the same old events. And it's only made worse that all these events are on a schedule and have a pattern to them (ususally), so we aren't even surprised when the next thing comes. They need to shake things up a little, throw something at us unexpectedly. I'd like to see them take some old events (that they already have the programing for) and throw them in now and then.... the old school dive events, FlashFest (with no BTs!), Scavenger Hunt, Community Event, more Book of Secrets adventures. And I don't mean in addition to our regularly scheduled events (TF, RF & build events), but instead of them. Just randomly, just here and there sometimes. Something that when we open our games we go "oh cool!" instead of "not again!"
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:11 am

I think a lot of us feel like that, yet somehow we do keep coming back.

Is it the hours (and for some, money) we have invested in it? Maybe it just feels like too much of a commitment to just walk away?

Is it that collector impulse that we can’t not have the latest whatever?

I don’t know. Like a lot of others, I resent Retrofests and wish they would restructure them, but here I am playing it in both games, in 1 because I want to get the parrot before it goes away, and game 2 just because.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:14 am

I feel your Blah, Oblio :D

I think it would be nice to have, instead of another event backed up to the last event, have one event a month, for a week or two but make it a different event each time. so month 1=TF, month 2=builder event, month 3=RF, month 4=special dive event . . . etc etc imo, it would be much more interesting if we didn't get to expect a new TF&RF&builder all in one month. Like Maui says, shake it up a bit, not more, just shaken :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:25 am

I agree with everything everyone of the LTP's have said, and would like to add one more thing. Either come up with a way to expand land and water, or give us a darn good reason why it can't. And fix some of these constant little bugs in the game. I said this on another post, but another game I'm playing has a "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" post in their forum. It clearly states what ideas they like and are working on, what they may work on in the future, and those suggestions that for whatever reason, can not and will not be added to the game. Some of it boils down to the type of graphics engines the games are based on. Not everything needs or has to be a surprise to please the players of the game.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 5
outpt1

Postby outpt1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 am

Never completed a TF. Keeping me going. For me it’s a challenge. Plus there are other things I wish to accomplish .waiting on Westley and Sita (chewing finger nails) Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas events. Their going to have to redo the dock for the 5th seal,maybe something will turn up land wise.

Not giving up any time soon to many possibilities in the(hopefully)near future.Stand back and take a deep breath. :D :D :D
Level 80
Small town East Texas
Island 1 outpt1
Island 2 outpt2 of course

Haz

Postby Haz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:56 am

Totally agree with all the comments.

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 pm

imo many of the issues come down to a lack of imagination, will and communication from PB.

Maui and Ely are right about the lack of variety. constant trade/retrofests have become boring and we desperately need something different. for PB it is easy to keep churning them out and it must still be profitable or they would be more innovative.

I'm lucky that i have the time to complete events, although i dont want to be glued to the game for days on end. it must be difficult for players who have real life commitments to maintain enthusiasm when rewards are virtually unachievable.

J1st makes an excellent point about not having a two way communication with developers. it would be easier for us to engage with the game if we felt that our comments weren't falling on deaf ears. major issues appear to be ignored while we keep getting updates that are at best useless. perhaps if PB explained their reasoning it would go some way to appeasing the vast number of disgruntled players. these comments are nothing new, we've been saying these things for 6 months now.

and yet we still keep playing! i think Beth gives us the 2 main reasons why. our hoarder instinct makes us want to get everything and we do feel heavily invested in the game. we've come so far and most of us still remember the fun we've had in the past. most of us are not ready to give up on it quite yet.

my reason for not quiting is that despite its faults I've yet to find something i like better. however I'm still looking. also i think i would miss this forum. there is a comradery and humour here that is imo unique. :)
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Sometimes we just need to check in to a B&B for awhile.

Then we can come back to PB. ;)

( Hopefully, to a few improvements)
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 5
outpt1

Postby outpt1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Everyone needs a break now and then to recharge the batteries. Doesn’t hurt to take a few days off.
Level 80
Small town East Texas
Island 1 outpt1
Island 2 outpt2 of course

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”