Crop planting

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Karennina

Crop planting

Postby Karennina » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:32 am

HI
Newbie here. Can someone please explain why I run out of cotton or bamboo for eg to plant? and what triggers
new crops to be available to plant?

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Crop planting

Postby BethM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm

it Sounds like you have the original plant 1, harvest 2 crop system.

Under the original system, you need to plant fields using the crops you have in storage. That’s why they always give us 3 to plant when we level up to get the next crop. Under this system, you use 1 cotton to plant a field, then get 2 cottons when you harvest, for example.

If you accidentally use up all of a crop without replanting, I think the game still lets you replant 1 field for free. Otherwise, you may need to spend gems to get started. With this plant 1, harvest 2 system, you can double your inventory each time you harvest until you build back up to a good inventory level. Personally, I try always to replant immediately after I harvest, before loading any mills or selling any crops. If I am in a hurry, I only harvest half that crop’s fields to use quickly, then go back and harvest the other half to replant all the fields.

There is another system being tested where we pay coins to plant fields, but then harvest only 1. Under this stystem, it doesn’t matter how many we have in inventory. You can use coins to plant as many fields as you need.

Each system has advantages and drawbacks. We don’t get to choose, we just have to adapt to whichever system they gave us.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm

I’ve got pay for crop version with the new update on both islands now.
Did they roll it out for everyone or it’s still beta?
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 2
Sweettater

Postby Sweettater » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Lutka48 wrote:I’ve got pay for crop version with the new update on both islands now.

I have had coin for crops for months, so maybe it will be for everyone.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Probably. As long as I have been playing, I don’t recall them ever starting a beta that they didn’t eventually implement, except the TV bird whose beta testing goes on forever and ever except on Windows where they have either given up or havent started yet.

Never, that I can remember have they had the management spine to dump a beta no matter how bad an idea it was or how much we didn’t like it. They always opt for pouring more good money after bad. (I’m not saying their betas aren’t usually good ideas, but they have made me wonder what is their point in asking for feedback if they plan to ignore it anyway.)
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 2
Highhawk

Postby Highhawk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:51 am

Lutka48 wrote:I’ve got pay for crop version with the new update on both islands now.

After update I am still plant one harvest two.
Gc. Sparkyhighhawk
Level 79
Love this game! Daily player feel free to add me.
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/sparky.highhawk

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 am

Highhawk wrote:

I think you might be one of the few to still have this feature. I lost it a long time ago, on both islands.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 2
Highhawk

Postby Highhawk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 am

J1st wrote:
Highhawk wrote:

I think you might be one of the few to still have this feature. I lost it a long time ago, on both islands.

I hope it lasts. I love being able to plant extra fields and harvest twice as much to replenish my stores. :D
Gc. Sparkyhighhawk
Level 79
Love this game! Daily player feel free to add me.
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/sparky.highhawk

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 am

I still have harvest 2 on my second game. My game 1 changed to coins to plant system when it was first rolled out and neither game has switched since, in either direction. I think I would be happy with the coins system if we still only had one Jasperfest a month, but now that we seem to be Festing half the time or more, I prefer the harvest 2.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”