Halloween event math impossible?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Steelglow

Halloween event math impossible?

Postby Steelglow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Ok, who wants to do some math with me?
As I calculate it, this totem event seems impossible without spending serious gems and/or cash.

First, a note that this is a COMPLICATED event. But we all know you can't do anything without the raw ingredients.

As I see it, each drink (bizarre brew or terrifying tonic) gives 100 hearts to a totem. Each drink requires 4 cauldron ingedients and 1 special dock or trade post ingredient (3 cauldron to make pumpkin potion, 1 cauldron + 1 special for either moody mixture or eerie elixir.) You can harvest 2 cauldron ingredients per hour (one from each cauldron.)

BEST CASE scenario, assuming you get the right ingredients (disregarding that you can't control what the cauldron gives you, and assuming you're able to fill dock and trade orders) it therefore takes 2 hours to harvest ingredients for one drink.

Totally ignoring production times, and the bottleneck created by both drinks requiring the woodshop, this means you can harvest ingredients to max 50 hearts/hour.

According to the wiki, to reach level 15 EACH tower requires 16,400 hearts. Yes, friends can help with 10 hearts at a time, but on your own, as well as I can figure it, it would take almost 14 days harvesting cauldrons 24 hours a day (no sleep!) to max out just one totem!

Again, there's more to this with helping friends and mill production times, but am I wrong?
Please tell me I am! I've never before felt that an event in this game was so impossible for those of us who don't spend money on the game.

Tier 6
Egersund

Re: Halloween event math impossible?

Postby Egersund » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Steelglow wrote:Ok, who wants to do some math with me?
As I calculate it, this totem event seems impossible without spending serious gems and/or cash.

First, a note that this is a COMPLICATED event. But we all know you can't do anything without the raw ingredients.

As I see it, each drink (bizarre brew or terrifying tonic) gives 100 hearts to a totem. Each drink requires 4 cauldron ingedients and 1 special dock or trade post ingredient (3 cauldron to make pumpkin potion, 1 cauldron + 1 special for either moody mixture or eerie elixir.) You can harvest 2 cauldron ingredients per hour (one from each cauldron.)

BEST CASE scenario, assuming you get the right ingredients (disregarding that you can't control what the cauldron gives you, and assuming you're able to fill dock and trade orders) it therefore takes 2 hours to harvest ingredients for one drink.

Totally ignoring production times, and the bottleneck created by both drinks requiring the woodshop, this means you can harvest ingredients to max 50 hearts/hour.

According to the wiki, to reach level 15 EACH tower requires 16,400 hearts. Yes, friends can help with 10 hearts at a time, but on your own, as well as I can figure it, it would take almost 14 days harvesting cauldrons 24 hours a day (no sleep!) to max out just one totem!

Again, there's more to this with helping friends and mill production times, but am I wrong?
Please tell me I am! I've never before felt that an event in this game was so impossible for those of us who don't spend money on the game.

Sad to say, you need all bundle packs and lots of gems to expedite things... Really sad... :( :(
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Steelglow

Postby Steelglow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Yeah, it is really sad. I am still going to do what I can, but I hate knowing I have no chance at finishing.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Yes, the cauldrons are the real bottleneck here. I have multiple of the roots and nightshades from the TP and boats, but am lacking the ingredients that depend on chance. This is worse than the flowers. So far I have yet to receive any of the blue bubble stuff in either game.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:55 pm

The math is, for making 164 potions, with Mill mastery it takes 4 straight days (92 hours) if you have all the ingredients ready to make them.
The event lasts for 252 hours, so it means about 3 hours of play per day if you have all that you need to make potions and you have Mill mastery.

Gems are obviously part of the dev's plan for this event, so either we gonna buy them, or buy those event packs or spent those we have saved is the only thing left up to us to decide.
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

babsy66

Postby babsy66 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

JoannaK wrote:The math is, for making 164 potions, with Mill mastery it takes 4 straight days (92 hours) if you have all the ingredients ready to make them.
The event lasts for 252 hours, so it means about 3 hours of play per day if you have all that you need to make potions and you have Mill mastery.

Gems are obviously part of the dev's plan for this event, so either we gonna buy them, or buy those event packs or spent those we have saved is the only thing left up to us to decide.

the pots give 1 object per hour.
It takes 4 for a potion.
To finish a totem you need 164 potions = 656 hours which is 27 days, without sleep and without purchase and gems!!!!

At the rate of 12 hours a day for 10 days you must always spend 2500 gems!

Thank you, King.
Niveau 75
Or 37 M
Réserves 3145/ 3225
Personnages tous niveau 21
Animaux tous, dont 58/66 3*** ;) :D :lol:

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:52 pm

JoannaK wrote:The math is, for making 164 potions, with Mill mastery it takes 4 straight days (92 hours) if you have all the ingredients ready to make them.

I’m confused. Where did we get 92 hours?

The 2 final tonics from tiki bar and aarbucks are worth 100 hearts each. If each totem requires 16,400 hearts, then we will need to make 164 tonics from each mill. Each tonic takes 45 minutes at mm3 (1 hour at mm2). At 45 minutes each, those 164 tonics would take 123 hours (164 hrs at mm2 or mm1). I wonder if the 25% chance of double applies to these items. If so, then it is more like 98.4 hours, depending on your luck or 131 at mm2. (Edit- Maggieo says we do, so I’ve adjusted the calculations below to reflect the 25% chance of double at mm2 and above.)

The event is 252 hours or 10.5 days. 3 hours per day only adds up to 31.5 hours, so I don’t follow that logic. To get to 98 hours, that means those mills need to be busy 9+ hours/day at mm3, about 12.5 hrs/day at mm2, more like 15+ hours for folks at mm1.

I’ll bet those folks at level 23 are sure glad they were allowed to play.
Last edited by BethM on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 3
maggieo

Postby maggieo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 pm

BethM wrote:I wonder if the 25% chance of double applies to these items.

It does. I was lucky enough to get double on my first one, which is how I got all the way up to Level 2 on one totem.

This is going to be a loooooooong event. I already think it might be the first one I don’t finish. :(
Game ID - Margaret
Level 76
Secondary Island - MaggieO
Level 21

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Good to know. I’ll ecit the post above to use the mm2 bonus.

Tier 5
Goofball

Postby Goofball » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 pm

The added factors - the pumpkin potion, required for both the final products, needs to be produced at twice the rate of the other two. Yet, it isn't. So, unless you get lucky with a double down, you have to wait for the second one to catch up. As different people have noted, the random generation of ingredients is also a bottleneck. Finally, I have noticed that the visits to other islands part has dropped off rather abruptly. Why? The unicorn dust, and the green slime are doubly required to make the first 1/2 potions. I quickly ran up an abundance of moon dew, and had to stop visiting to save the other ingredients. Bottom line - multiple choke points, with the only work around being spend real cash or gems galore. Either they plan to "surprise us" somewhere down the line, and cough up some help, or that witches' hut is going to be mighty rare. :o
Goofball, level 80. Greenwich minus 6 or 7.

Time Travelers Strictly Cash. Location: Earth (most times)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”