Two ways to fix the Halloween event now

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
ja1000000

Two ways to fix the Halloween event now

Postby ja1000000 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 am

Hi - longtime player here, Level 80 at island ja1000000.

After trying to navigate the new event yesterday, respectfully to the devs, here’s my observations on two things that would help quickly fix the Halloween item trading and make it much more enjoyable.

Keeping in mind that what motivates us most in these events is the chance to interact with other islands, make new friends and and help our friends!

- The items used to feed our friend’s pumpkin totems should be changed to be the mandrake root and nightshade the supply of which players control by how many trades and boats they complete. I currently have 30+ of each of those items sitting useless and no way to use them since I have so few of the potion making items from the cauldrons.

Can’t understand why the precious cauldron items would be giveaways since I never have enough to even make my own potions and am using gems for missing ingredients even after buying the bundle. The net result is a bad feeling that I can’t help friends although that’s my main reason for being in an event, and not sure I want to continue slogging through this for no fun reason and high cost?!?

Would love to be able to help friends with all my extra mandrake and nightshade and I can always trade for more of both!

- Everytime a friend feeds your pumpkin totems, it should be worth 50 or 100 hearts (10 now). Would help address the very slow progress in potion making, and motivate players to help friends and reciprocate.

Thank you! :lol:

Blondieskatz

Re: Two ways to fix the Halloween event now

Postby Blondieskatz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm

I agree, I struggle to make what I need. I would love to visit friends and help, but....

Ladymaria

Postby Ladymaria » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 pm

An other easy way to fix the event fast, is to let us collect more then 2×1 item/h.
I have been stuck for several hours, since I get wrong items, (not dust and slime that I so badly need) it has been 19 h since the event started and I have been able to produce one each of the items that we can feed the totems with. And the way ppls counts, they don't think about that you can be stuck for hours, because you get wrong items. So in the way the event works now, it's impossible to finish without pay real money. And that sucks!!!

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Maybe the quick solution (for devs) would be for letting us buy that 3ed coulderon for 100 gems, which would give 3 items per hour. This way we would all be standing a chance to finish it and it wouldn't make those who bought a bundle to feel bad or cheated
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

PiratePearl75

Postby PiratePearl75 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 pm

I was expecting this event would include the “hidden items” feature of past holiday games- (ie pumpkins, etc) I realize the drop rate on those was way too high, but having an abundance of those ingredients made the recipes possible to make/enjoy.
Now we have to check our cauldrons every hour, to maybe get 1 (x2) if the 3 ingredients we need? I have plenty of orbs and mandrakes, I actually can earn those!
I love the complexity of building the recipes (like the game itself) - but my only comparison to the way this is set up would be that the dive length for sea glass for an otter as 16 hours, and the moles take 8 to get iron ore. So if I spend my whole day waiting to get sea glass, by the time I can make a toy sub I have wasted a day of production time.

ja1000000

Postby ja1000000 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 pm

So that’s number 3 - increase the cauldron drop rates when harvested.

On buying a 3rd cauldron, don’t waste the money unless they change drop rates. I have 4 cauldrons now w the bundle and still not nearly enough blue dust or green slime to make potions.

I think we all applaud the designers for trying something new and not another build a table/ship event.

But have to wonder if they beta tested this since the problems were obvious to us players pretty quickly yesterday, as another poster said if you need a flow chart to explain the event you’ve gone to a bad place :). I don’t think we’re speaking up just because it’s a difficult challenge this time. It’s impossible and not fun at all.

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm

instead of thinking it gives us fun in playing, they think us helping each other hurts their revenues so they are trying to maintain the façade of not doing everything they can to discourage it. they deliberately withhold items to encourage us to spend more.

lets face facts, they have reduced hearts awarded for helping to both parties to the point it's meaningless, stopped us selling excess stuff in wm and now reduced the cauldron output so we dont have anything spare to sell/donate anyway.

it's already been said before, this event design is NOT by accident!
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

PiratePearl75

Postby PiratePearl75 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Ok, so I went back into my game and happened to look at the Kickstart Bundle- I GET IT NOW!!
That’s where the ingredients are hiding! :lol: :lol:
They were right there all along. Pay to play.
Yep, sitting this one out. No worries.
It’s not broken- it’s “FIXED”! :lol: :lol:

ja1000000

Postby ja1000000 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Buying the bundle actually doesn’t even help once you get past a couple early levels - there’s still a huge lack of dust and slime.

My feedback above should be taken as someone who bought the bundle (and spent more gems besides to fill in missing ingredients) but still can’t get this event to work... can’t imagine the experience of those who prefer not to buy and have every right to make that choice too!!! :)

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:13 pm

OP: excellent suggestion.

Past events allowed us to help others without using items we needed. This event does the opposite. If I give away all of my green and white (or whatever) deals, I can’t make my own stuff. And like you, doing boats and TP’s gets us too many of those ingredients.

Events like this should have been play tested by people who actually play the game, like shrippers and piipou.

I feel this event was created with good intentions but needed refinement before release.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”