Halloween Event Progress Question

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Halloween Event Progress Question

Postby CoffeeQueen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:31 am

I know everyone has their own opinions on whether to spend or not to spend on this event but I am just curious: Has anyone been able to make any real progress on this so far without having to purchase anything or use any gems?
Level 80, name Julie, FB: Main Bay
TS Code: A684EK Level 66

Sollied

Re: Halloween Event Progress Question

Postby Sollied » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:37 am

Haven’t made very much progress. See other players have 4 cauldrons and I have 2 can’t purchase any more?
Can you only collect 1,000,000 coins? :D

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:47 am

Sollied wrote:Haven’t made very much progress. See other players have 4 cauldrons and I have 2 can’t purchase any more?

You get the extra 2 by purchasing the starter bundle

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:48 am

I think with cauldrons fixed we can make some progress now.
So far, I was able to get my totem and spire to level 6 on my island #2.
I did buy some ingredients yesterday for gems, 4 or 5 ( 20- 25 gems) but no kikstart bundle for this island and my cauldrons were still on one hour for most of the day today.
I cannot predict if I will finish because somehow I barely get any green slime. :lol:
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 am

CoffeeQueen wrote:I know everyone has their own opinions on whether to spend or not to spend on this event but I am just curious: Has anyone been able to make any real progress on this so far without having to purchase anything or use any gems?

Yes, I’ve gotten all the way to level 4 in one tower now. Oh, that’s not what you meant by real progress?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Postby Lolly2017 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 am

Hi CoffeeQueen, I just did the same thing I do for most events: I bought a starter bundle and broke my piggy bank, all for less than the cost of brunch. I have only got the speed up today but am still almost at level ten. I think the bigger question is do you want to spend the time necessary to make any headway. This event is more time demanding than most I’ve done, luckily it’s the weekend for me. Hope this helps. :D cheers Lolly.
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:48 am

BethM wrote:Yes, I’ve gotten all the way to level 4 in one tower now. Oh, that’s not what you meant by real progress?

Oh thank you so much for making me laugh tonight!

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:17 am

Lolly2017 wrote:Hi CoffeeQueen, I just did the same thing I do for most events: I bought a starter bundle and broke my piggy bank, all for less than the cost of brunch. I have only got the speed up today but am still almost at level ten. I think the bigger question is do you want to spend the time necessary to make any headway. This event is more time demanding than most I’ve done, luckily it’s the weekend for me. Hope this helps. :D cheers Lolly.

I've never bought the starter bundles on any of the events and I always used my gems to buy the 6 harvestable items. Up until the piggy bank showed up on my main bay, I would use gems earned in the game to buy them. I am one of the fortunate ones that got the piggy bank with the max limit of 550 and I don't have any guilty pleasures in RL that I spend money on so I do break my piggy bank in game each time it's full (this has averaged out to be 2x a week on normal weeks and 3x a week during TF because of doing a lot more TP and boat orders than normal). Past events I would continue to use my gems to buy 6 harvestables at a time up until the last day so I could continue to help others even after the event had ended.

I haven't used a single gem yet on this event and still won't buy any of the bundles. Both my totems are at level 4 currently about to hit level 5. I work a full time job during the day which includes weekends so my days off are during the week and some weeks split. For me it's not a matter of if I want to spend the time in the game trying to level them up faster, it's that I don't have that kind of time to spend in the game even if I wanted to. Past events I was always able to finish level 15 before the event ended while working my job, playing in my spare time, not having to spend every single free minute I could spare trying to complete it.

I do appreciate your input very much. I'm just not moving along on mine anywhere even remotely close to how I did on previous events and am just trying to figure out if it's worth it to keep going on it or not.

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Postby Lolly2017 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 am

CoffeeQueen wrote:
Lolly2017 wrote:Hi CoffeeQueen, I just did the same thing I do for most events: I bought a starter bundle and broke my piggy bank, all for less than the cost of brunch. I have only got the speed up today but am still almost at level ten. I think the bigger question is do you want to spend the time necessary to make any headway. This event is more time demanding than most I’ve done, luckily it’s the weekend for me. Hope this helps. :D cheers Lolly.

I've never bought the starter bundles on any of the events and I always used my gems to buy the 6 harvestable items. Up until the piggy bank showed up on my main bay, I would use gems earned in the game to buy them. I am one of the fortunate ones that got the piggy bank with the max limit of 550 and I don't have any guilty pleasures in RL that I spend money on so I do break my piggy bank in game each time it's full (this has averaged out to be 2x a week on normal weeks and 3x a week during TF because of doing a lot more TP and boat orders than normal). Past events I would continue to use my gems to buy 6 harvestables at a time up until the last day so I could continue to help others even after the event had ended.

I haven't used a single gem yet on this event and still won't buy any of the bundles. Both my totems are at level 4 currently about to hit level 5. I work a full time job during the day which includes weekends so my days off are during the week and some weeks split. For me it's not a matter of if I want to spend the time in the game trying to level them up faster, it's that I don't have that kind of time to spend in the game even if I wanted to. Past events I was always able to finish level 15 before the event ended while working my job, playing in my spare time, not having to spend every single free minute I could spare trying to complete it.

I do appreciate your input very much. I'm just not moving along on mine anywhere even remotely close to how I did on previous events and am just trying to figure out if it's worth it to keep going on it or not.

I’m sorry CoffeeQueen if I have offended you, this was truly not my intention. I only meant to say that for me the main difference between this and other events is the amount of time needed to get through the levels, rather than the cost - in real money or in gems.
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:50 am

Lolly2017 wrote:I’m sorry CoffeeQueen if I have offended you, this was truly not my intention. I only meant to say that for me the main difference between this and other events is the amount of time needed to get through the levels, rather than the cost - in real money or in gems.

Oh no you absolutely did not, that's why I said I appreciate your input very much. I welcome everyone's voice on this as to whether they're choosing to spend money, use gems, or just chug along doing it with normal game play. I like hearing different opinions on this. While I have no plans to buy any bundles, I haven't made any decisions yet as to whether I will use my gems or not or just not bother and let them end up at whatever level they end up at.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”