Green Slime Drop Rate - Way Too Low

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
kppk

Green Slime Drop Rate - Way Too Low

Postby kppk » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 am

I realize the Halloween event is designed to encourage gem / cash purchases, but the drop rate for green slime is way too low. Even with harvest times dropped to every 20 minutes, they just don't drop. I'm getting 1 green slime per 20+ harvests.

Please consider revising the green slime drop rate, and recommend stop giving moon dew from harvests to encourage more player to player island interactions. I think if you do that a better balance would be achieved and players wouldn't be quite so upset.

Tier 6
Egersund

Re: Green Slime Drop Rate - Way Too Low

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 am

kppk wrote:I realize the Halloween event is designed to encourage gem / cash purchases, but the drop rate for green slime is way too low. Even with harvest times dropped to every 20 minutes, they just don't drop. I'm getting 1 green slime per 20+ harvests.

Please consider revising the green slime drop rate, and recommend stop giving moon dew from harvests to encourage more player to player island interactions. I think if you do that a better balance would be achieved and players wouldn't be quite so upset.

TOO MUCH Green Slime and almost zero Unicorn Dust here... :( :( :(
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 2
mzkageG

Postby mzkageG » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 am

same I badly need green slime
level 80
New Zealand
Daily player

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:50 pm

After last few harvests I have 12 unicorn dusts, 4 moon dews and 0 green slime.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Lutka48 wrote:After last few harvests I have 12 unicorn dusts, 4 moon dews and 0 green slime.

17 Moon Dews, 16 Green Slimes (8 Eerie Elixirs completed, waiting for Pumpkin Potions) and zero Unicorn Dust. Seems like you and I need to do some trading, eh?!

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Egersund wrote:
Lutka48 wrote:After last few harvests I have 12 unicorn dusts, 4 moon dews and 0 green slime.

17 Moon Dews, 16 Green Slimes (8 Eerie Elixirs completed, waiting for Pumpkin Potions) and zero Unicorn Dust. Seems like you and I need to do some trading, eh?!

Seems that way! :lol:
Yes, my Spire stays behind almost two levels due to constant lack of slime. :roll:
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 pm

I went thru that the first couple days - no unicorn dust day 1, no green slime day 2. Today, mine seem to have evened out a bit in the game that bought the bundle, but still no green slime in my 2 cauldron game.

Having a single ingredient being able to bring all feeding to a halt is such bad, bad design. Esp for people with only 2 cauldrons, the odds of having enough of both those is way too small. And why is there such a high drop rate on moon drops if they wanted us to gift people to get those? I have more Moon Drops now than either of the others, because their only use is in the woodshop making the pumpkin stuff, which we can’t even make on account of no green slime.

I hope, at some point, they are able to admit to themselves what a failure this event design is and just stick the witch house in a GSC slot to buy with doubloons or maybe in the bazaar as a prestige purchase.
Last edited by BethM on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:00 pm

BethM wrote:I went thru that the first couple days - no unicorn dust day 1, no green slime day 2. Today, mine seem to have evened out a bit.

The effect of a single ingredient being able to bring all feeding to a halt is such bad, bad design. Esp for people with only 2 cauldrons, the odds of having enough of both those is way too small.

I hope, at some point, they are able to admit to themselves what a failure this event design is and just stick the witch house in a GSC slot to buy with doubloons or maybe in the bazaar as a prestige purchase.

May I ask how far you have gotten and did you finally give-in and buy starter packs for both your islands? Have you begun using gems for missing items?

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:09 pm

My towers on game 1 with the starter pack are Level 8 50/120 and Level 7 960/1000. I have also used 5 gems twice at the woodshop to produce the pumpkin potion with no green slime.

My towers on Game 2 with only 2 cauldrons are Level 4 30/500 and Level 4 130/500.

I think with the bundle and the extra days I may be able to finish on Game 1. Still, I regret buying the bundle. Without that investment, I would just close up both games for a bit and quit letting this whole business bug me so much.

The worst of it is, I don’t personally place much value in the witch house, as it gives, basically, GSC rewards. I have no need for pearls, black powder, or tan maps. I do not like the ghost pets and don’t want their stickers, so I really have no use for doubloons now either. I have pearled the GSC boat away many, many times since that island was reconfigured. The only thing there I do want is the very occasional other pet sticker from the slot 1 chest, but those are too few and far between for me to chase.

I also agree with those who think they made the wrong choice to go with harvest 1 every 20 minutes rather than giving 3 once an hour. What it means is I harvest, come here and rant for 18 minutes, then go harvest again, etc ...
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 pm

BethM wrote:I regret buying the bundle. Without that investment, I would just close up both games for a bit and quit letting this whole business bug me so much.

The worst of it is, I don’t personally place much value in the witch house, as it gives, basically, GSC rewards. I have no need for pearls, black powder, or tan maps. I do not like the ghost pets and don’t want their stickers, so I really have no use for doubloons now either. I have pearled the GSC boat away many, many times since that island was reconfigured. The only thing there I do want is the very occasional other pet sticker from the slot 1 chest, but those are too few and far between for me to chase.

I also agree with those who think they made the wrong choice to go with harvest 1 every 20 minutes rather than giving 3 once an hour. What it means is I harvest, come here and rant for 18 minutes, then go harvest again, etc ...

Yes, but if we do not rant somehow - will the devs ever change it? I have no solution. I never bothered to write in here until recently and it is as you say - rant, harvest, grouch a bit and go harvest again. Sad. My apologies to you and Liv. As for Bobbo, no apologies needed. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”