The Halloween event is still almost impossible

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Rose66

The Halloween event is still almost impossible

Postby Rose66 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:58 am

Please bare with me while I throw some math at you. Each totem needs 165 potions to get to level 15 ( I found this info in the forum from another player, she completed her totem using gems and cash), combined that’s 330 potions to complete both totems. Each finished potions requires 4 items (3 items for the pumpkin juice and 1 item for either the moody mixture or the eerie elixir), those items can only be collected from the caldrons, so that’s 1312 items needed to complete 330 potions. It takes 219 hour to collect 1312 items when you only have 2 caldrons and they need a cool down of 20 minutes. If you sleep 8 hours a night and collect from your caldrons every 20 minutes when you’re awake you will collect 1024 items over the 12 day of this event( this number takes into account the fist 2 day when you could only collect every hour). This is still not enough, more needs to be fixed. Changing the collection time to 20 minutes gave us a false sense that the challenge is doable but it really isn’t. I did leave out that some of us occasionally get bonus item when we collect from our mills, and the reason I did is because not all players have full mill mastery and the bonus. Thanks for letting me bore you with my math.

Megwilson06

Re: The Halloween event is still almost impossible

Postby Megwilson06 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 am

But, you don’t collect the “fourth” item from the cauldrons. You collect mandrake root & nightshade from doing trades. So that sort of throws your 1312 off by having that added into the amount needed to collect.
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Rose66

Postby Rose66 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:10 am

The mandrake or the night shade are the fifth item you need to make the final potions which I left out of the calculations because they don’t come from the caldron.

Megwilson06

Postby Megwilson06 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 am

Rose66 wrote:The mandrake or the night shade are the fifth item you need to make the final potions which I left out of the calculations because they don’t come from the caldron.

You’re right, I guess I got confused the way it was worded saying each finished product needs four ingredients. I guess I didn’t read it as the fourth ingredient was needed to make the pink and green potions you put with the pumpkin potion for the final products. Sorry!

It is definitely a hard event, but I don’t think it’s impossible with the four cauldrons. Since people have finished within three days. Hopefully the people who were able to buy the extra cauldrons can help more towards the end and make it possible for those with only two cauldrons to finish on time.
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 am

The problem with all the math saying it can't be done, it that it already has. Liv is finished, and I'm sure several others are really really close. Just Sayin... ;)
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 am

J1st wrote:The problem with all the math saying it can't be done, it that it already has. Liv is finished, and I'm sure several others are really really close. Just Sayin... ;)

Yeah...I know Lcsfbeach finished before me. 8-)
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

LilysIris86

Postby LilysIris86 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:44 am

The only issue is that this math does not take into account the bonus for mills that have made it to mastery level 2 that gives 25% double. When you factor that in, you need less of the finished potion and elixir or mixture (about 250 for the potion and 125 for the other 2). To get those, you might also have the mill double, so that would mean you need ingredients for 200 potions and 100 of the others. This in the end equals 600 for the potion and 200 for the mixture/elixir, for 800 items from cauldron total, or 400 individual collections. They have given us about 10 days worth of 20 minute cool down...so, that is 40 collections a day, at 3 per hour, you need to play 12-13 hours a day to finish. This is ruff math, using round numbers for my own ease, but it is doable (if not long and tedious) for those that can open the game for a minute here and there throughout the day. If, at a minimum you can average 13-14 finished brews and tonics a day, you will make it. The first 2 days and the hour cool down makes that number closer to 15-16 per day, which is still possible.

ouroboros

Postby ouroboros » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:55 am

J1st wrote:The problem with all the math saying it can't be done, it that it already has. Liv is finished, and I'm sure several others are really really close. Just Sayin... ;)

All the math is based on two assumptions:
1) People want to complete the event without spending gems/money.
2) Not everyone has mill mastery two on all the mills for this event.

Yes, this event can be completed very easily - buy as many 7250 gem bundles as necessary, buy all the potions in the bazaar, and complete the even in under hour.

With this event, PB has changed the expectations for gameplay. I'm afraid that this is a test to see how people respond, and if enough people spend money to complete the event then this is how all future events will be structured.

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 am

ouroboros wrote:With this event, PB has changed the expectations for gameplay. I'm afraid that this is a test to see how people respond, and if enough people spend money to complete the event then this is how all future events will be structured.

I certainly hope not! This one is NOT fun!!! This one feels different from all the others as this one is DRAINING and boredom is horrible just waiting for resources!!! They had better change their model as I am not going to do this type again if the Bat Ship Crazy is like this! I will just sit it out and help others with resources or take a vacation/pause.
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:33 am

I'm not playing this one but if they do decide to have another event like this I'm considering hiring 3 monkeys doing 8 hr shifts each. I'll feed them on peanuts and give out bananas as a productivity bonus. they can then clean my house in their marginal time.

i dont know if this is against employment laws though? :lol: :lol: :lol:
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”