Am I the only one

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 1
Nanaz9333

Am I the only one

Postby Nanaz9333 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:31 am

Am I the only one who refuses to spend a cent on this game? M
Maybe that’s why my progress is so slow... :oops:

Zaidee

Re: Am I the only one

Postby Zaidee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 am

No you aren't, l don't spend a cent on any of the games l play and never will.

Tier 2
mzkageG

Postby mzkageG » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 am

I'm with you lol only have 2 cauldrons,, I'm too broke :roll: :P
level 80
New Zealand
Daily player

Tier 1
Nanaz9333

Postby Nanaz9333 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 am

Zaidee wrote:No you aren't, l don't spend a cent on any of the games l play and never will.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:40 am

Nanaz9333 wrote:Am I the only one who refuses to spend a cent on this game? M

Not real cash, but I am resigned (been beaten down) to using gems now. There is absolutely and positively no way to progress without using gems this time. Just keeping the mills running and needing resources requires a trip to get resources. Trouble is - you use resources to fill the mills and then you need to harvest every single 20 minute slot and it just does not happen for most of us... Life intervenes with kids at the door, eating times, chores, sleeping, and whatever else and you just lose resources out of the system. Think of cauldrons like you do fields! When you do not have a crop, what do you do? Go to the WM of course!! Well we can not so we either spend gems to get some resources at the bazaar or we sit and gnash our teeth and listen to someone calling me a monkeyhead (Yeah, I know what she meant really), but me a monkey?? Ha! :D
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Lola16

Postby Lola16 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am

No i don’t spend real money. I just don’t get excited by this money grabbing event so in general have ignored it.

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am

i wont spend anything on this game until i see what direction the game takes. i refuse to be bullied, coerced, conned or guilted into it.

the piggy bank gave me an offer that was nearly 3 times more expensive than others were given and the current event was unachievable without spending. that makes me feel unvalued as a player.

i refused to participate in this event on principle but as soon as i discovered i could get the main prize in the time frame by only completing 1 totem i decided to make an effort as the prizes are worth having. i asked myself if i was to buy the decorations with gems how much would i be prepared to use and i will not exceed that. i will also not buy any gems for it.

i notice that pb are still severely restricting the availability of key items and forcing people to play 24/7. it also looks like yet another event with follow immediately after this one. this tells me they haven't altered their ethos and give no thought to the players who are exhausted by the demands of this and every other event.

pb need to fully address all the issues expressed by the forum members and take us seriously. we are the customers and if we dont like the product then we can go elsewhere.
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:19 am

cookie66 wrote:pb need to fully address all the issues expressed by the forum members and take us seriously. we are the customers and if we dont like the product then we can go elsewhere.

And you were the one on the edge before... I sympathise with you, really I do.

My tushie/bum hurts from all the sitting this time. I also discovered something not nice - decided I was acting miserly and that was not a pleasant conclusion. I decided to open up the coffers and lay on those gems and that did not feel good either as everything in the game is based really on them. *sigh* Ok, ok...enough said. Sadness at self-awareness actually. The game makes you think about things (so much dead time to it in this event), that is for certain. :o :roll:
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:03 am

Egersund wrote:And you were the one on the edge before... I sympathise with you, really I do.

there's no need for sympathy on my part. :D yes I'd had enough of this game and was ready to walk away from it. but as i said on the other thread I now play under my terms not theirs. at the end of the day it's just a game played to enjoy.

it's all about choices. we choose whether to log in and play, participate in events or not, spend or not. it's up to us as individuals to decide for ourselves and there is no right or wrong. we've been conditioned to "needing" the next reward but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? if we dont get the latest pet or decoration what's the worst that will happen?

would i like things to be different? without doubt! am i going to lose sleep over it? certainly not! :lol: :lol:
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 am

Nanaz9333 wrote:Am I the only one who refuses to spend a cent on this game? M

I have always spent small amounts of money on games which I enjoy playing, for several reasons. The main one is that games companies need income or they wouldn't exist at all. Buying a small batch of gems each month costs no more than buying a cup of decent coffee or a beer.

I don't see anything wrong with playing free, on the other hand neither do I see it as a matter of pride.

Since the piggy bank however I have not spent anything at all. The piggy bank gives different people very different offers and PB aren't in the least bit interested in being fair to all players. So I haven't bought any gems since.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”