What’s the best way to finish the hallowe’en event?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Vigornia

What’s the best way to finish the hallowe’en event?

Postby Vigornia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 am

Those of you who have finished, please share your tips!

So here’s where I’m at:

Both totem and spire are level 10. I didn’t buy the kickstarter bundle as I usually finish events well within time without having to buy the bundles. I’ve had a timer on to remind me every 20 minutes to collect while I’m at home and awake, so I’ve been working fairly solidly at it. Assuming my maths is correct, I still need 95 potions to complete the spire, and at a rate of 6 potions per 5 hours (assuming optimum ratio of ingredients from the cauldrons) it’ll take 160 hours to complete - which is more time than we have, and I need to do teal life things like deal with the kids and sleep, so it’s not possible. Even the many helpful visitors I usually have at events are few and far between this time.

I have gems stored up, what’s the most efficient way of using these? Is it even worth bothering to use them?

I reckon someone added an extra 0 to a value and threw the maths out with this. Shame PB don’t seem to be interested in making it possible, even for those who did buy the starter bundle :/

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: What’s the best way to finish the hallowe’en event?

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:49 am

Check out this thread, there is hope...... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=523064
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Vigornia

Postby Vigornia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 am

Yes, the 95 potions I’ve worked out I need is just for the spire, not the totem. My maths could be wrong but I don’t think it’s possible. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way of using gems - buying potions, buying ingredients or speeding up?

I’m not feeding my totem at all now, although not getting enough slime doesn’t help get my spire up. I hardly got any slime all day yesterday.

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 am

Vigornia wrote:Yes, the 95 potions I’ve worked out I need is just for the spire, not the totem. My maths could be wrong but I don’t think it’s possible. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way of using gems - buying potions, buying ingredients or speeding up?

I’m not feeding my totem at all now, although not getting enough slime doesn’t help get my spire up. I hardly got any slime all day yesterday.

Each of us had to find an answer and we do not agree other than this event is too much to expect most players to do and it is loathsome in the end.

Some items for completion: A wise lady in here said "if you speed up the cauldrons, it is cheaper in gems than buying items from the bazaar - trouble is, you do not know what you are going to get". I did just that once or twice when my total stock dropped. I was still frustrated by the sheer number of hours required and to remember to come back and harvest cauldrons. :( Very soon I started buying the exact ingredient I needed from the bazaar, loaded the mill and went away. Raw ingredients soon disappeared AGAIN. Frustration of course! As I could soon see the end, I just dumped gems into mills to rush brews to be done. For me, gifting helped immensely as I got many of them and they all added up. In short, I had two cauldrons and it was not fun that way. Others bought the starter pack and still gave up. Others tried the mid-event bundle and were not satisfied at not getting finished products to feed and be done. You will have to tell us the best way... :D
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

It costs the same just to buy the missing ingredient when you go to feed the mill as buying in the bazaar. No more, no less, but it saves a step. I needed to buy a few green slime to keep the pumpkin brew moving.

If the 95 potions from Aarbucks is the obstacle, then it sounds like speeding those will be necessary. With luck and mill mastery 2 you will also get some double up bonus items.

If you finish the totem, you get a 50 gem reward, so you get some of them back.

The Magical Tower now sells in the bazaar for 800 gems for those who didn’t get it during the event. I wonder if they will eventually put the witch hut there as well. If so, I’d guess the price might be in that same 800 - 1000 range.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Amarj

Postby Amarj » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:44 pm

BethM wrote:
The Magical Tower now sells in the bazaar for 800 gems for those who didn’t get it during the event. I wonder if they will eventually put the witch hut there as well. If so, I’d guess the price might be in that same 800 - 1000 range.

Really? I don’t see it in the Bazaar ... where?

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Amarj wrote:
BethM wrote:

The magical tower is not in the bazaar, it's in the build menu
Level 80, name Julie, FB: Main Bay
TS Code: A684EK Level 66

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Amarj wrote:
BethM wrote:

The magical tower was available for 800 gems in the build menu, not the bazaar. That was near the end of 2017 that it was offered, and only for a limited time. Those who have it can’t check for you, so if you don’t have it and you don’t see it in the build menu, then it isn’t available anymore. If anyone does see it on offer still, please let us know.

Beth, I had the same thought (and hope) that they’d offer the witch’s hut for gems later. And I’d bet the leaf pile will show up in a RF eventually.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:01 pm

The magical tower should still be in the build menu to purchase for 800 gems. I have the tower on my main bay from that event but my 2nd bay I wasn't playing then and it shows available to purchase in the build menu on that one.
Level 80, name Julie, FB: Main Bay
TS Code: A684EK Level 66

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:09 pm

CoffeeQueen wrote:The magical tower should still be in the build menu to purchase for 800 gems. I have the tower on my main bay from that event but my 2nd bay I wasn't playing then and it shows available to purchase in the build menu on that one.

Sweet! Thanks Queen! That’s really awesome, actually. I mean, why take it off offer anyway? That’s great that it’s there again, and seemingly permanently? Or for a long time at least. Very cool :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”