The agony of defeat....

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Jemima80

Re: The agony of defeat....

Postby Jemima80 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:09 am

I’m so disappointed with this event :( I’ve joined the community to voice it and have never posted before.... I’ve used 400 gems so far and still no where near completing, I wish I had havebought the starter pack as this is just impossible (both totems only on level 10) I wish they would extend the event or do something. Actually feel like deleting the game as it’s very demotivating.

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 am

Jemima80 wrote:I’m so disappointed with this event :( I’ve joined the community to voice it and have never posted before.... I’ve used 400 gems so far and still no where near completing, I wish I had havebought the starter pack as this is just impossible (both totems only on level 10) I wish they would extend the event or do something. Actually feel like deleting the game as it’s very demotivating.

I never posted until last month so... I am making up for it now. :oops:

I had just two cauldrons, but I found out to focus entirely on the Spire so that was what I did. Yes, I still had to use about 350 gems, but they award you 50 gems at the end (for each finished) so... I used tons of pearls for sending big ships away, but I have tons of those and keep earning them from otters and turtles so I sell them at WM to help you who still need to send ships away.

Hang in there and keep going as maybe they allow us to sell things after the event is over and complete those unfinished things perhaps??? Nobody seems to know even at King as you can see a copy of their response to Liv on another thread...
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Jemima80

Postby Jemima80 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:32 am

Thank you! I will check that out! I’m hoping they are listening and making it possible for us to complete... the current bundle really wouldn’t make much difference, I’m hoping the last one might but feel annoyed at it possibly being the only way to complete.

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am

Jemima80 wrote:Thank you! I will check that out! I’m hoping they are listening and making it possible for us to complete... the current bundle really wouldn’t make much difference, I’m hoping the last one might but feel annoyed at it possibly being the only way to complete.

The thread is here...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=523084#p939239

Fmca

Postby Fmca » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 am

Let’s agree this is the worst event PB have ever done....not that I’d ever want someone out of a job but whoever designed it should have their head hanging low. One of the great things about PB is that I can rely on people I’ve never met, no clue in which country they live, but over 3 years we’ve looked after each other when events come. On this event it’s difficult to help PB friends, so whoever designed this event not only made it difficult but made it hard to help us help PB friends who have been there. Shame on you for such a horrible event and also denying us long time players our 3 year candle

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Egersund wrote:
valyc85 wrote:Senza la possibilità di comprare gli altri due calderone è davvero impossibile.

NOT impossible, but I did have to use gems to buy the needed resources from time to time. I hated all the waiting for resources as the cauldrons keep spitting out the wrong things for people. Everyone has complained about getting one or the other or too much of this or that and not enough of X. I did do the event, but I only finished the Spire. I refuse to think about the time it would take to complete the Totem, but I got the "goodies" so... :D KEEP at it!!! Good luck!

Actually I found it much, much easier to work only on Totem after SS was finished. It was only on level 11( getting close to 12).
I didn’t even have to tend my game than often.
After initial few harvests I had to only feed those 3 mills every couple hours or so since my slime drop was just right to make pumpkin potions for Totem only.
Well, I did some TP orders too, but didn’t need a single gem to finish my Totem on island #2.
Maybe 2 cauldrons were designed for only one tower?
Or one tower at the time .
And trying to work on both at the same time caused too much downtime with the mills?
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Lutka48 wrote:Actually I found it much, much easier to work only on Totem after SS was finished. It was only on level 11( getting close to 12).
I didn’t even have to tend my game than often.
After initial few harvests I had to only feed those 3 mills every couple hours or so since my slime drop was just right to make pumpkin potions for Totem only.
Well, I did some TP orders too, but didn’t need a single gem to finish my Totem on island #2.
Maybe 2 cauldrons were designed for only one tower?
Or one tower at the time .
And trying to work on both at the same time caused too much downtime with the mills?

You are wonderful. I lost my will. Just me and just saying... I feel bad about half webbing, but I do not want to do any more. I want something I can do like in the past and have fun. This one feels different and yes, I read what you said and I believe you. I apologise to any and all, but I am unable to do more of this one. I help now and am going to really think hard about all the ones in the future...

Thanks and I owe you! :D

Fmca

Postby Fmca » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 pm

The point of playing this game for me is to relieve stress, have a bit of fun. This event is anything but. I hope PB realise that and make the next few events and TF’s easier because I’m sure other PBers have had their stress levels increased

Tier 3
JessicaC

Postby JessicaC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:03 am

I've officially given up.

Sure it sucks I won't get the gems that were given but I have my gems balance is pretty high so it's not too bad. Sure, I won't get the leaf pile but that's not a big deal either. I'm a little more upset about not being able to get the witch hut, but it's pretty similar to the Magical tower and I realize it's not too much of a big deal. I have the Magical Tower. That's good enough for me. And well, there's a possibility the hut will be sold for gems in the future.

So it's not really the rewards. It's more of the fact I wasn't able to finish, PERIOD, because I've been able to finish all builder/gathering events up until now...so it's really disappointing to see that I've failed this time.

I just hope that devs learned from this nearly failure of an event and don't end up repeating themselves by creating another super difficult event like this one
Facebook: Profile link note: yes, you have to go through another site called Rojkmao to get there
Level: 80
School & Chat

Tier 2
Villanelle75

Postby Villanelle75 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:19 am

I had hope of finished, but I'm drowning in unicorn dust with no slime, and yet cauldron after cauldron I get more dust and no slime. (I've changed some of the dust for dew, too.) . So my mills are sitting idle (well, they are making other, non-Halloween stuff) and I'm moving no closer to the end goal most of the time due to the lack of slime.

I've purchased 7 slimes with gems, and I'm fine using a few gems to supplement. But at this point, it is basically my only source of slime and that's ridiculous. Meanwhile, the dust just takes up storage space because there's nothing I can do with it since I can't make the cauldrons needed to turn the pink juice (whatever it's called) in to the finished product.

This, to me, is almost even more frustrating that the many other issues with the event's design.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”