Not as crazy impossible

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
Nooneandanyone

Not as crazy impossible

Postby Nooneandanyone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

So I know the general consensus is that this event was impossible without 24/7 gameplay and loads of money.

I found that with the starter bundle and only a handful of gems (because I was impatient not because I had to use them) I finished with days to spare. I helped friends occasionally and definitely wasn’t playing 24/7... I collected randomly through the day and slept my sound 8 hours.

I agree that the event needed the four cauldrons instead of two and yet it didn’t seem as dire as painted on the forums.

I appreciate games being free to play and still I have to keep in mind that they are providing a service not a charity. The starter bundle seemed a reasonable trade off... especially since I didn’t need the gems to complete it....

I’m sorry so many of you didn’t find it as fun as I did and I appreciate that I had to balance totem building with other supplies and that it wasn’t just a stacking game . While I wouldn’t like every event to be like this, it was a nice mix up on the usual events.

So with that, I hope you all find the piece of the game you enjoy and have fun with it. Happy weekend all.
FB: Alice Carroll (Happy to add PB friends)
GC: emojis that read “sun moon | Alice down the rabbit hole | stars rain”

MariaC

Re: Not as crazy impossible

Postby MariaC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Well, it depends on how is your life, and how much time you are willing to dedicate to a game.
I have three kids, three dogs, and a husband that is here a week, and then gone for two weeks, and so on. Every weekday we wake up at six, and by almost eight I already dropped everyone at school and I am at my own job. I won't get out of there up to four PM. And I can't play there. Then, I have to pick up kids from assorted extracurricular activities. Waiting here and there ehives me some time to play, but then as soon as the first kid is picked up I rather talk to her than play a game and ignore her. Once at home we all have a number of duties to do, so next play time I have is around eight or so. And sometimes I don't play because I would rather watch something at Netflix or walk the dogs.
So this event is impossible for me. And it's impossible also for other people with tight schedules.
But I don't think I should complain. It is, as you put it, a free game, and I am not in a rush for having it all and having it now. I started the event, then read what people was saying here, lots of complains, and then I thought "why would I have to be upset for something so meaningless than having or not having that thing at the end of the event?"
So I stopped playing it. I tried to help my friends for a while, but I ended up stopping because out of all my game friends only one was actually playing the event, and then she/he stopped after a couple of days (packed tiny totems). And I realised I had a huge amount of moon dew in my treehouse. I wrote a ticket to ask to get rid of it, and they emailed me the address of this forum. That's their game support.
But I also think that those players spending real money in this event to complete at least should have more benefits. I read about people who paid for stuff, and now realized they wont complete it anyway, unless they keep paying... And that's sad.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:52 pm

I also bought the kickstart bundle and got back at the end way more gems than I spent. I also was able to finish both towers a couple days ago, and I disagree with everything else Nooneand anyone said.

I found this event totally not fun. I didn’t set alarms but kept waking up in the night anyway, just from the stress of it.

I could not have finished without keeping my iPad near all day so I could collect from cauldrons every 20 minutes. Only by collecting 12 items per hour was I able to get anything approaching the amount of green slime needed to keep both the green potion and pumpkin potion producing. (And yes, what gems I did spend usually went to load a mill with green slime missing.)

I was able to keep all five mills busy almost nonstop. Waking up in the night even meant I could reload mills so they they ran all night as well. But lets get real. This is a ridiculous way to play any game. No game event should be designed to dominate our lives to this extent.

I cringe every time I see a poster here talking about buying hundreds more gems or spending thousands of gems to get this ugly, stupid virtual thing. Yes, it’s their money and their choice, but those choices affect all of us in the long run. If PB sees this event approach as a money maker, they will all be like this in future because PB obviously don’t place much value or importance on keeping customers happy. Keeping us spending is what matters, even if it means folks who can’t or won’t do so much spending are lost along the way.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Lola1

Postby Lola1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello,
I only have two caldrons...my plan was to buy extra but they were only offered in the starter pack. I started the game with 1500 gems...this morning I bought more gems... I haven't harvested my cauldrons every 20 minutes because I have nevered played glued to my game every 20 minutes but play at different times during the day ...but when you get 1 ingredient from each cauldron every 20 minutes you still only have 6 ingredients to work with.
I have had to use gems just about for every pumpkin I make...much of it is the luck of the draw but with other events there were always enough ingredients that you weren't spending gems every time..I believe this is where the frustration sets in...if you don't get what you need you have to purchase it.
I have been playing this game for a year.... I don't have as much experience as some of the others but can figure out that some aspects of this event were a little bit of a challenge.
I am finally on level 13 so hopefully I will complete in time...
I'm not complaining....just explaining....no one's game rolls out the same...
Congratulations to you and all the others who have completed the event...it has been a doozy..
Lola1
:)

Tier 3
W28KYM

Postby W28KYM » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm

I agree with Beth, this event was anything but fun. In fact it’s been down right boring!!

But........since I’ve been playing from near enough the very start, I wanted to try and get as far on as I could.

As a consequence of this monotonous event, I’ve not really ‘played’ the game at all in the ten or so days it’s been on. In fact, I actually downloaded a different game :shock: :shock:

This has been the pits and I really hope I get my enthusiasm back once it’s finished.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:50 pm

I’m glad that people are enjoying and finishing this event. But when talking about why people were upset about it and why we complained...... yes, it is possible for those who purchased the bundles to finish already. But only if they have lots of free time. And let’s not forget how they set this event up originally. The cauldrons were set to harvest only once an hour, and at that rate even the original starter bundle wouldn’t get you anywhere close to finishing in the time allowed. It was only the change of the cauldron collection time that gave many people hope. And then the time itself...... keep in mind that if they hadn’t extended the event that we would be only a few hours away from it being over right now. And they only extended the time because they messed up the release of the 20 minute cauldrons. And the other (and biggest factor) is that people found the error with the SS and are/were able to collect the end rewards by completeing just the SS. If that weren’t an option, many many many players would still be far away from receiving the final rewards.

So even though they made it a little more achievable, don’t forget that that was not their original intensions. Even though this event is very very hard still, it was meant to be much much harder than we currently have it. I, myself, cannot let go of those facts. And those facts are why people are/were upset.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 pm

I know the two day extension came after fixing the problem of coin for crops players not getting the 20 minute cauldrons, but I think they probably were thinking of the other issues as well when they decided to give the extra 2 days. They have extended so many events, I am starting to wonder if the extra days are now actually built into their planning.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:49 pm

BethM wrote:I know the two day extension came after fixing the problem of coin for crops players not getting the 20 minute cauldrons, but I think they probably were thinking of the other issues as well when they decided to give the extra 2 days. They have extended so many events, I am starting to wonder if the extra days are now actually built into their planning.

I believe if they intended to extend the event originally when they changed the cauldron time, that those who got the 20 min cauldron times first (who didn’t have crops for gold) would have gotten it then. Believe me, they didn’t intend to extend the time. They only extended it because of time lost by those who got the 20 min cauldrons late.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 2
Nooneandanyone

Postby Nooneandanyone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 pm

MariaC wrote:Well, it depends on how is your life, and how much time you are willing to dedicate to a game.
... And it's impossible also for other people with tight schedules.

I have a full time job and a family too — that’s my point. I, with a very busy schedule, without sitting on my phone collecting every single minute, was able to complete with days to spare....

Tier 2
Nooneandanyone

Postby Nooneandanyone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
So even though they made it a little more achievable, don’t forget that that was not their original intensions. Even though this event is very very hard still, it was meant to be much much harder than we currently have it. I, myself, cannot let go of those facts. And those facts are why people are/were upset.

Even though the rollout wasn’t perfect, and for that I get why you’re upset— but that’s not my point. My point is that it wasn’t as impossible as portrayed. Even had they not added the two days, I would’ve finished in time and I didn’t get the 20 min cauldrons until the final fix...

It was a challenging event that required patience... and that was a switch up from previous events.... but not impossible. Anything new will be messy and for that I can’t be upset — I appreciate their attempt to not just recycle old events and pets, but try something new. And while it was messy they offered reparations. Hopefully next time it will be cleaner and I appreciate the attempt at novelty.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”