Easy makes u happy?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Lisatigg

Easy makes u happy?

Postby Lisatigg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:20 am

So now that everyone is done complaining about a hard event, how many people finished this in a day? I purposely stopped at 8 because id like it to at least take 2 days. Poor PB just cant win! At least this gal likesd a bit of a challange!

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: Easy makes u happy?

Postby Kittykatz » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:49 am

My game "self regulates" me against finishing too fast, it constantly shuts down.

I didn't play the "Nightmare on Paradise Bay" last event, but I have no complaints about this event.

The technical problem I have is not of PB's making.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 am

Lisatigg wrote:So now that everyone is done complaining about a hard event, how many people finished this in a day? I purposely stopped at 8 because id like it to at least take 2 days. Poor PB just cant win! At least this gal likesd a bit of a challange!

dont dismiss the complaints. i think it was justified considering all the issues surrounding it.

some may find this event easy but not everyone will. think about all those who have real life commitments and limited playing time. most of the time they slog away without any hope of completing an event. is it too much to ask that they have a chance to experience something that is challenging but achievable for them?

I'm one of those who will complete in a day or so. I'm not bothered by that. it will give me a chance to do other things in the game. if i want a challenge i try playing the event differently. how about complete it without using sundries and no trade post orders for example. an event can be as easy or difficult as you want to make it. :)
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

LilysIris86

Postby LilysIris86 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 am

This just means that we do not have to be slaves to the game to complete the event. At the pace I am going I will finish a day or 2 before the event ends and that is because I am not pushing myself to finish any faster. This event is such that any game play strategy stands a good chance of finishing. While the last event was impossible in its ORIGINAL format to complete without spending real money or using over 1000 gems. It is not that this event is easy, though I understand if your style of play makes it so, it is that this event is actually possible, in its given format, without spending money that people approve of.
Something else to take into consideration...Could Paradise bay be trying to appease players that said they were thinking of leaving because of the last event? They may have looked at all the issues and said to themselves they had to give us something that they know works, and what better than using an old event style that they just need to change out the items and graphics.

Shawn62

Postby Shawn62 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:00 am

What are you talking about??

Tier 6
paradisebaygratuit

Postby paradisebaygratuit » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 am

Lisatigg wrote:So now that everyone is done complaining about a hard event, how many people finished this in a day? I purposely stopped at 8 because id like it to at least take 2 days. Poor PB just cant win! At least this gal likesd a bit of a challange!

This event imho was a challenge but an unfair challenge to most players and has generated a lot of ill will.

And PB is not in any way poor.

But I will say this, players that are unhappy can communicate their unhappiness by not playing/paying. Don't think I haven't considered this on many occasions.

I confess it has too much control over my time and life. One day I hope to have the discipline to walk away.

Like walking away from a bad relationship.

For now I am hopelessly addicted to this game.
80 Lvl; 4000 Tree; 4125 Wind; 4527 Prestige; 243,689 Karma; All land, islands; All pets xcp Wolf, Electric Eel, Long Eared Mouse, Camel, Ostrich, Pegacorn, White Hart, Dragon Hatchling, Griffin Cub, Ghost Pelican; All mills max xcp Paradise Pies :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:19 am

Yes, easy makes me a lot happier. I prefer events that are comfortable. For me, it makes them a fun challenge rather than a burden or chore.

I would not call this one easy though. Its items have fairly short cook times and small points. The mills have to be reloaded frequently so this event takes a lot of tending. A full queue at the glass blower takes less than an hour with mm3. It’s not as bad as the 20 minute cauldrons, but will still be a challenge for a lot of players.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
Villanelle75

Postby Villanelle75 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:55 am

I'm only on level 6, and while I'm sure I will complete the event long before the deadline, clearly I'm not nearly done. So yes, I much prefer this.

For the totem event, my chief complaint was the unbalanced resources. Even if I was playign non-stop, I got to the point where there was no green slime, and there was no way to get more, save buying it with gems. So my mills sat idle (well, idle as far as the totem event, but of course I had them making other regular items) and I was unable to progress. Meanwhile, I had completely useless unicorn dust clogging up my storage. So it wasn't that it was hard and required more time, it was that even when putting in the time, I was still unable to make progress.

I don't mind spending some money on this game. Paying for a service I use and enjoy doesn't bother me or feel any different than paying for a movie ticket. But this felt like it was either an incredibly poor design, or a far more blatant money grab. Neither of those are particularly fun. (For me, and presumably for the vast majority of players."

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 am

YES :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 5
cookie66

Postby cookie66 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 am

JoannaK wrote:YES :D

brief and to the point! :lol: :lol: :lol:
lvl 80: Paul with peacock avatar when connected to FB, or cookie with monkey head
TS Code: F5RB67

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”