Issue with collecting dive rewards?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Megwilson06

Issue with collecting dive rewards?

Postby Megwilson06 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Hello! I was just curious to see if anyone else might be having an issue when it comes to collecting rewards at the end of a dive event.

I try to collect rewards from my helpers as I go. Sometimes I start a dive late in the day, and the dive event will end before I remember to go back into the game in the morning. The game doesn’t let you collect the dive helper shells one at a time at the point, you have to collect everything at once. In the past, I would notice a ton of rewards (XP, clam shells, dye, etc) flying up from all of the players who were able to help. Now, it seems that there are only rewards from two people no matter how many people help throughout the event (if I wait to collect). If I collect throughout the event, it’s fine.

I tried asking support if there was an issue. They weren’t very helpful, so I thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

https://youtu.be/n55l-FvDDtY
Here the screen recording they asked for. I don’t think support watched it because there are still zero views.

If you watch it, you can see I believe 17 helpers. Definitely more than 2, and I didn’t collect anything in advance. It has been doing this for over a week now. No matter if I have 3 helpers or 50, I only get two rewards. Not a huge deal, like I said it’s fine if we collect during the event. I just won’t do anymore night dives. It is just frustrating that support thinks I’m complaining about having less dive helpers when I’m not.

Thanks for your message, Trademaster!
I am sorry to hear that.

All of your actions are synchronised with the game server, so it shouldn't be possible to lose items in the game.

This said, we will be more than happy to take a closer look at your island.

For this we need you to record your gameplay, so we can see the issue. Could I ask you to try and record a video of your actions, showing how you collect the items, but that they aren't showing up in your storage?

For instructions on how to record the screen on your device please visit:

For iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Thanks in advance and we'll keep a look-out for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
Doom Turtle

Ahoy Trademaster,
Our Experts took a look and in this Dive it only looks like 2 Players are helping out and that the rewards from these two players were added as they should.

We are having some difficulties at the moment with connection issues with Facebook, it's likely what you are noticing in the reduction of helpers.

I hope that this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Have a great adventure in the bay!

Kind regards,
Doom Turtle
Support Crew
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Tier 4
Snooby

Re: Issue with collecting dive rewards?

Postby Snooby » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi meg, can’t help with you problem, but just want to thank you for feeding nearly all the pets on my island (disepara) on 19th October. I did put a thank you in the off topic section, pet feeding appreciation thread, but don’t know if you come on the Forum often. :) :)

Edit. I’ve just had a look at your video, and it does seem you have only two helpers on that dive
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Tier 6
Serene

Postby Serene » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Meg, I've just viewed your video, and as far as I can tell (judging by the amount of clam shells collected) you had more than two helpers. My experience is, that when collecting on final dive, all the rewards are collected as one, regardless of how many helpers.
Current level : 80
Operating on Windows 10

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Megwilson06 wrote:Hello! I was just curious to see if anyone else might be having an issue when it comes to collecting rewards at the end of a dive event.

I try to collect rewards from my helpers as I go. Sometimes I start a dive late in the day, and the dive event will end before I remember to go back into the game in the morning. The game doesn’t let you collect the dive helper shells one at a time at the point, you have to collect everything at once. In the past, I would notice a ton of rewards (XP, clam shells, dye, etc) flying up from all of the players who were able to help. Now, it seems that there are only rewards from two people no matter how many people help throughout the event (if I wait to collect). If I collect throughout the event, it’s fine.

I tried asking support if there was an issue. They weren’t very helpful, so I thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

https://youtu.be/n55l-FvDDtY
Here the screen recording they asked for. I don’t think support watched it because there are still zero views.

If you watch it, you can see I believe 17 helpers. Definitely more than 2, and I didn’t collect anything in advance. It has been doing this for over a week now. No matter if I have 3 helpers or 50, I only get two rewards. Not a huge deal, like I said it’s fine if we collect during the event. I just won’t do anymore night dives. It is just frustrating that support thinks I’m complaining about having less dive helpers when I’m not.

Thanks for your message, Trademaster!
I am sorry to hear that.

All of your actions are synchronised with the game server, so it shouldn't be possible to lose items in the game.

This said, we will be more than happy to take a closer look at your island.

For this we need you to record your gameplay, so we can see the issue. Could I ask you to try and record a video of your actions, showing how you collect the items, but that they aren't showing up in your storage?

For instructions on how to record the screen on your device please visit:

For iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Thanks in advance and we'll keep a look-out for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
Doom Turtle

Ahoy Trademaster,
Our Experts took a look and in this Dive it only looks like 2 Players are helping out and that the rewards from these two players were added as they should.

We are having some difficulties at the moment with connection issues with Facebook, it's likely what you are noticing in the reduction of helpers.

I hope that this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Have a great adventure in the bay!

Kind regards,
Doom Turtle
Support Crew

Yes this is happening to me I thought the same as you too!
Meg I think it looks different now, look at your clam shell count it still goes up, I just think they changed the Graphics and don't show all those prizes and shells and karma flying up anymore unfortunately , I think it's just one moment but you should still show all your rewards in the total count for Karma shells and other rewards
GC: LCSFBEACH
Level 80 storage TH 7020 and WM 6975
101/102 pets / 93 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1 ⭐️⭐️ 7 ⭐️
Karma 2.73 mil ❤️ and gold 115.51 mil
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi. I always collect all rewards at the end and it is rare that I’ll collect from the clamshells along the way. I noticed this issue mentioned a couple weeks ago and have been closely monitoring my dive collections since. Beach is correct, though a ton of items don’t fly up our screen as before, we are indeed getting the rewards. If you keep track of your stock and count things before you collect and then check after you’ve collected, you’ll see that you indeed are getting the rewards. The graphics have just changed. Hope that helps :)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 3
W28KYM

Postby W28KYM » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 pm

I noticed this too a while ago. I checked my karma and shells before I collected my final rewards and there’s always a lot more than the two people shown helping.

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:32 pm

The same started happening to me but my thoughts were the same as Beach’s. I just think they decided to trim some of the graphics fat from the game. I started checking my inventory before collecting my final dive prizes and my totals did increase so I’m pretty sure we’re still receiving all our prizes.

Before this, there were many times that I waited until the very end of my dive to collect all the helper shells at once along with my final dive reward and my game would nearly “tilt” and a couple of times actually CRASHED! :o

I think this is a good change. The only real way to ensure you’re receiving all your rewards is to click individual helper shells before your dive is over. I sometimes do this when I have the time. ;)

*Off Topic*
@Beach~I see your TH Storage has far exceeded mine when previously you were behind.8-)
I was just curious whether or not your Storage Piece panel has disappeared yet? If not, how many TH blades do you need for each upgrade?
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:21 pm

Livinez wrote:The same started happening to me but my thoughts were the same as Beach’s. I just think they decided to trim some of the graphics fat from the game. I started checking my inventory before collecting my final dive prizes and my totals did increase so I’m pretty sure we’re still receiving all our prizes.

Before this, there were many times that I waited until the very end of my dive to collect all the helper shells at once along with my final dive reward and my game would nearly “tilt” and a couple of times actually CRASHED! :o

I think this is a good change. The only real way to ensure you’re receiving all your rewards is to click individual helper shells before your dive is over. I sometimes do this when I have the time. ;)

*Off Topic*
@Beach~I see your TH Storage has far exceeded mine when previously you were behind.8-)
I was just curious whether or not your Storage Piece panel has disappeared yet? If not, how many TH blades do you need for each upgrade?

Liv I've been ahead of you on TH for awhile since shortly after they released the storage again and they gave me back my storage from the level increase. Each time you've asked me I've been ahead on TH ? I'm only short on crates for treehouse and blades for windmill. I only need 11 blades on WM and 11 paddles on TH for each upgrade. I do dillegently use the storage islands now :D
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:08 am

this just happened on my first island. submitted a ticket. will go and check my clam count before and after on my second island to see if t hey changed the graphics or if there is a problem there too. will let you know.

UPDATE:
while it looked at the first island to only show 2 rewards coming up-i thought the same as you that i was ripped off so i checked the before & after count on island #2 that was diving the same period as #1 was-again, it looked like only 2 helpers were counted but the before and after said a different story-so imo, the graphics are the only thing that has changed, we are still getting clams for the helper, the game just isn't showing that.
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 am

I'm glad everyone's in agreement with what I said in my initial answer :shock:

I don't like the change I like waiting and seeing all the rewards fly up at the end! I just buy a bunch of flowers before collecting that last rewards :D

Sorry for going off topic to answer above
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”