Your not being fair to the players for the almighty dollar.

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Stromburg

Your not being fair to the players for the almighty dollar.

Postby Stromburg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Dear Paradise Bay, I have been playing for over a year and a half. I HAD been enjoying this game a lot. I am 80th level. I have always been able to finish the events with 2 to 3 days before they was over. I could do that because I am retired and can be on for several hours each day. NOW I AM NOT ENJOYING THIS GAME. Why you might ask? Well the last three events..... the Hot Air Balloon, the Halloween Totems and now the Spooky Boat have been unattainable. The Tradefest's have gotten harder to achieve. Look at my island I have LOTS of pets I have received in the Tradefest events. I used to complete them and some of the bonus levels done. Now I am just barely finishing the event and hope I am nor sick or have to be gone for a day or two (Real life happens). My wife also plays the game and I have to question the fairness of events like the Piggy Bank? Why do I get 550 gems and she only gets 350 gems for the same price? So bottom line your treating us players differently?

This Is troublesome to me. I always thought these events were unfair to the players that have to work, have families in point of fact players that have real lives. Why offer one person a deal on an event and reward someone else differently? Especially when it comes to my hard earned cash.

I wonder if Free to Play games get the clue that I spend money on them for two reasons. One there is an item I really would like to add to my game. Your Wizard Tower is an example. Two, I like the game enough to support it. I support a game by spending the roughly the same amount a Non Free To Play game makes for the purchase of the game and any DLC (down loaded content) they add every other year or so. This is about $40 to $60 and usually $20 per DLC. I think that is fair compensation. Up to this post I have supported your game in this manner.

Things Free to Play games do to STOP me from spending money on them is to make events impossible to achieve without spending money on them. In fact this really, really, really makes me hate that game. This concept is the Play to Win business model. Event SHOULD be doable for someone who only has a couple of hours a day to play,

When you make events that even a disabled or retired person can not complete it is obvious that you are doing this now on purpose to get people to spend money. I do not feel that you have just had a couple of badly designed events. You have had none prior to these last three. Clearly something on your end has changed.

I will NO LONGER spend ANY more money after this post on this game as long as you continue this policy. You were not doing it in the past so something has changed with your business model and I DO NOT LIKE IT.

I tried to post this on their Facebook page and it had to be reviewed before they post it. Want to bet it will not post?

Haz

Re: Your not being fair to the players for the almighty dollar.

Postby Haz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Well said.

McWomble64

Postby McWomble64 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 pm

I’m glad someone else can see that things have changed and had the balls to speak out about it. I do try to finish events to get the rewards, but the last few have been impossible without spending real cash to get there.
I have said before that I haven’t spent any money on any app games, but I do “watch” any videos that are available which I believe they earn money from, so I am doing my bit towards contributing towards the game.
I have the piggy bank, and he is full... every time I complete a trade the gems that fall into oblivion is amazing. I have hoped at times along the way that the piggy would just give up and spill his contents for free, but obviously that’s not going to happen.
I feel like I need to buy another 6 lolly pots which would cost me another 180 gems, but that would only get me another 18000 points towards my table which I feel would still not get me finished from where I am at the moment. It would also chew up a heap of my time visiting friends islands to use up all the lolly bags.

This will be just another event that I won’t get finished
Victoria, Australia
Lvl 51. 8/9
Lvl 52, 16/10 bought Sita's spa n squeezed it in

16/11, bought last piece of land for $150k to fit my wild turkey won from tradefest in.
Also watched 1st ad and got a brown map piece

Stromburg

Postby Stromburg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah I bought 4 pots yesterday only to realize that they take 8 hours to collect even after buying them. I am currently 7k into 12th level with 2 more to go and 1 day 10 hour left I will not make it. Hence why even after spending gems on this event including buying the last of the pomegranates trees and the extra one you buy with stars and four pots it will be the last time King makes a dime off me. I started this with over 120 pomegranates and now I have xero and have to wait for my trees to refill. Again they have lost my business unless things change.
Last edited by Stromburg on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stromburg

Postby Stromburg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:55 pm

By the way my wife is 13500 plus exp from completing it. She may not make it.

Tier 2
mzkageG

Postby mzkageG » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm

I agree, i thought it was just me because i see others complete in record time, i mean some already have the new pet through the adventuring boat :shock: thats amazing to me especially after the halloween events. I got my batship finally done due to having an overload of the stuff you needed which was just luck to begin with, the totems i never completed i hated that event it made me nearly part with real money, im glad i didnt. I hope PB listen because its not so fun anymore , and they could make the rewards better and give more gems etc when you pass a level i think the rewards are weak for the amount of time it takes to finish each one.
level 80
New Zealand
Daily player

Tier 3
Bamagirl1225

Postby Bamagirl1225 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 am

I agree with you all.
:D ( Roll Tide Roll )

Tier 1
Alewiina

Postby Alewiina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 am

Totally agree with you all. With school and work I don't know why I even bother to try, haven't finished an event in forever even with checking in several times a day :(

Grandmas

Postby Grandmas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 am

Haz wrote:Well said.

I agree. I will not pay to play. It's not fair to those of us who do not have paypal or credit cards. We play for fun. It's not fun when you really try but just can't do it.

Tier 2
tlise

Postby tlise » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Just an fyi, the piggy bank is beta. At least you have it. While they iron out kinks and see which bundle works out more popular then everyone will be the same. Out of 3 players in my house, my daughters is 550...my husbands is 350. I don't have it.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”