What’s the Fastest Way to Earn Gold Coins?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
3loons

What’s the Fastest Way to Earn Gold Coins?

Postby 3loons » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:16 pm

What’s the fastest way to earn gold coins? I’m having trouble making enough to expand my land and increase my production (ie afford another Otter). It seems I’m spending ALL my time just trying to keep up with all the Tradefests and special Holiday challenges that o can’t seem to focus on expansion and production improvement. I know I can make lots of coins via boat trades, but so many of them require that I have goods that I am unable to produce because I can’t afford all the mills for them. It’s so slow going for me. I end up having to use a lot of pearls to get get better boat orders that I can actually fill. Then I run out of pearls! Everything is SO EXPENSIVE!!! The other option is to sell goods in the market place, but then many of those don’t sell for much, and I need them to fill orders, which pay better, but still not enough to progress very far at the speed I’d like.

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: What’s the Fastest Way to Earn Gold Coins?

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi 3loons, do you get Ghost Ships? On Mondays, you get 2x the doubloons per ship and you can sell those at 4,000 gold coins a piece.

Feeding your pets gives you gold as well.

If you have some islands open that sell goods cheap, resell those on the WM for higher. Easy profit.

If you're having trouble keeping up with the Mills, selling on the WM is actually better since you'll earn the gold coin you need without gaining all the xp that jumps your level requiring you to get more Mills.

Your event builds, give you gold coin as well, so feed them.

When you blow the cave at Ghost Cove every few days, you get a good amount of gold from there as well.

Relic Ruins also gives gold when you find a key.

Most crafted items will sell on the WM, especially during Tradefest.

I hope some of suggestions you can implement and earn yar gold. :D
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Arflain

Postby Arflain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm

I keep almost all of my mills busy making things to sell on the World Market. I very seldom do the Tradposts because I make more by selling items. I also just post one of each item I am selling because not everyone needs five or ten of one particular item, it also gives others a chance to get something they might need. So, if I have 10 pairs of sandals, I put one up for sale, after it's bought, I put another one up to sell. I sell out everything right away too.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Tradefest is a great time for making extra coins. Jasper gives coins for every request filled but we still keep those items to use or sell somewhere else.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

3loons

Postby 3loons » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks for all the tips everyone. But you wouldn’t believe what just happened to me! I was tapping several times on accouple of my mills when I accidentally touched the dock. Everything happened so fast and a window popped up saying “upgrade” and my finger touched it and the next thing I know I lost thousands of gold coins!!!!!!! I think over 20,000 worth!!!!! It’s late and I’m very tired so my finger wandered off into the wrong area of my screen. I’m so mad at my carelessness! Question: what does this “upgrade” do? My docks look the same as before. What do I get for all that money?

Lola1

Postby Lola1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm

3loons wrote:Thanks for all the tips everyone. But you wouldn’t believe what just happened to me! I was tapping several times on accouple of my mills when I accidentally touched the dock. Everything happened so fast and a window popped up saying “upgrade” and my finger touched it and the next thing I know I lost thousands of gold coins!!!!!!! I think over 20,000 worth!!!!! It’s late and I’m very tired so my finger wandered off into the wrong area of my screen. I’m so mad at my carelessness! Question: what does this “upgrade” do? My docks look the same as before. What do I get for all that money?

I believe you did an upgrade you would eventually do...expanded your dock so more ships will come to trade..it's a good thing..the way I earned gold was play on Saturday's...double gold day...
Lola1

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm

The docks take time to upgrade, just like new Mills.
At least you'll have more boats coming giving you more opportunities to fill orders.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

bukharagunboat

Postby bukharagunboat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:35 pm

One of the challenges in the mid-levels is getting xp and rising in level, but not having enough Coins to buy the things the new level entitles you to (like new mills). This causes frustration because Tradepost and boat orders, as well as Tradefest requests, assume that you have the mills. A year ago i would have advised you to slow down gaining xp. Don't fill orders at all, don't tap wildlife, don't feed pets. Just keep Wesley fully stocked, especially with 3rd-slot Island items. That way you get Coins but little or no xp. NEVER trade Coins for xp (e.g. buying 3rd slot island items to fill boat orders; you make a loss in Coins and gain xp doing that!). Today there are way more events, and you may want to play those and suffer the xp gains from doing so. I would think carefully before participating in events that you can't finish. If you start those you will get a pile of xp that you don't want for little useful reward.

As far as prioritizing spending the coins you do have goes. Buy Mills first, then open docks, then land. If you get chance, buy Maps to get your islands open.

Moana27

Postby Moana27 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:33 am

I wouldn’t waste pearls on trying to get better ships—just let the time run out on the ship and a new one will come in. In the meantime do Tradepost orders. If there’s one you don’t like or can’t fill because you don’t have the mill to make a particular item, you can always delete the order and it doesn’t cost you you anything, and you only have to wait 15 minutes for a new order to appear.

Also, always try to keep 10 pearls in storage. Once you have 10, you tend to find more.

Tier 10
Lcsfbeach

Postby Lcsfbeach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:54 am

Don't move ahead of yourself get well established at a certain level and plan what you you want to do next, you can't do it all at once, just decide what your goal is and get that and recover and go on , just my thoughts :D
GC: LCSFBEACH
Level 80 storage TH 7020 and WM 6975
101/102 pets / 93 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1 ⭐️⭐️ 7 ⭐️
Karma 2.73 mil ❤️ and gold 115.51 mil
All mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”